• Start date
  • Views 4,450,097
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I use the internet browser or will it automatically update to a newer firmware?
Im on 4.4 at the moment and worried :)
Hope someone can let me know asap.

zool80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any harm in doing FW update after the exploit has already been done on a lower FW.. Like in my case I have 4.1 and then if I were to install the MT-Card exploit on that FW, could there possibly be any complications when I later want to force update to 4.5? Or do I simply just have to redo the exploit after update?

The reason why I'm asking this is I'm kind of poor on cash atm after buying the 3ds xl and mt-card. So I would like to buy a game and do the for force update but I don't really have the money for it right now :(.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
IMO there is no need to update from 4.1 to 4.5, you aren't really missing anything.
But if you do update to 4.5 then you will have to install the exploit again. I don't think there can be any complications if you upgrade after installing exploit, but if you must know, playing a DS game will uninstall the exploit so you can do that if you want to be on the safe side.

zool80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IMO there is no need to update from 4.1 to 4.5, you aren't really missing anything.
But if you do update to 4.5 then you will have to install the exploit again. I don't think there can be any complications if you upgrade after installing exploit, but if you must know, playing a DS game will uninstall the exploit so you can do that if you want to be on the safe side.

I'll get my MT-Card on Monday so I'll probably just settle for 4.1 and see how it works. I guess if I experience any complications I will have to get a game that will force the 4.5 FW update. It would have been nice to see what Nintendo actually improved in their FW updates but I've googled this and can't find a list of it any where. I just found very little written about the latest FW updates where they claim some stability issues have been improved... Not very specific. I guess you can enjoy those improvements with emunand anyway.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'll get my MT-Card on Monday so I'll probably just settle for 4.1 and see how it works. I guess if I experience any complications I will have to get a game that will force the 4.5 FW update. It would have been nice to see what Nintendo actually improved in their FW updates but I've googled this and can't find a list of it any where. I just found very little written about the latest FW updates where they claim some stability issues have been improved... Not very specific. I guess you can enjoy those improvements with emunand anyway.

From what I've heard, they've just stepped up the security from 4.1 to 4.5, to block the older DS carts. Nothing else. I remember when I wanted to be on the latest firmware too (4.5) when I got my 3ds (4.3) and was hunting about for a used 4.5v game. But then started using my cart and the firmware version doesn't matter anymore, I'm still on 4.3

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I have a 3ds without any loader card at the moment, and Id like to stay on 4.5 firmware. Can I safely connect the console to the internet and use browser?

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone answer me something? I was playing kid Icarus in gateway and then by curiosity decided to hold l + r and start and to my surprise the game reseted, I don't know if it's a game feature, work on other games (Oot3d does nothing), home button doesn't seem to reply while at black screen and game back at loading and select game screen.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone answer me something? I was playing kid Icarus in gateway and then by curiosity decided to hold l + r and start and to my surprise the game reseted, I don't know if it's a game feature, work on other games (Oot3d does nothing), home button doesn't seem to reply while at black screen and game back at loading and select game screen.

You'll find the answer and more here. http://bit.ly/1oQCQHX

SerMichael

Trophies
XP
Country
Shingeki no Kyojin game doesn't work on my Japanese 3ds running on 4.1.0-8J using R4i GOLD DELUXE EDITION(3.3b).
Is there a way around this?

Thanks, guys.

zool80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I've heard, they've just stepped up the security from 4.1 to 4.5, to block the older DS carts. Nothing else. I remember when I wanted to be on the latest firmware too (4.5) when I got my 3ds (4.3) and was hunting about for a used 4.5v game. But then started using my cart and the firmware version doesn't matter anymore, I'm still on 4.3

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I think most of their updates have been just to eliminate exploits. And I've been trying to google and find out if there would be any advantage to have 4.5 instead of 4.1 but there seems to be no real concrete info about that. Also if there was any major improvements in the software you'd think Nintendo would want people to know about that.

Anyway, thanks for your answer.. You have put my mind at ease about the whole thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...