aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi

i am wondering
what the file type of the save for pokemon XY ?
is it a 1 mb .bin file ?
or .save file ?
if it .save, maybe its decrypted , then it can be edited ?

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone guide me to take advantage of the Pokemon 3ds promo? I have an american 3dsXL and AC:NL, so I think I qualify.

Since the beggining I refused to use emunand, so I have no idea how to set everything up, it's been like 2 months since the last time I used the 3ds fearing the brick! (Pretty sure I still have the last firm, so I guess step 1 is changing it...). If it helps I have never connected to the internet with it.

Thanks!

Can anyone help me? I'm considering using 2.0, if that helps..

Dakaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can someone explain how this gentlemen upgraded his sysnand instead of emunand?

Story here:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...p-but-still-manage-to-update-to-VER-6-3-0-12E

This other guy said it is something to do with him using a new SD card, which I don't understand.

I think that's the problem. You're supposed to keep the original SD that you backed up the NAND to in your 3ds while you do the update.

That backed up NAND is what becomes that emulated 6.3.x version. As stated in the manual, if the backed up NAND is not there, it will use the board's NAND.

keep the original SD that you backed up the NAND to in your 3ds while you do the update???

Is he saying you have to use the same SD card that backed up my NAND when updating your emunand?

Or is he saying you have to have your sysnand back up on your sd card when updating your emunand?

Jay.T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi

i am wondering
what the file type of the save for pokemon XY ?
is it a 1 mb .bin file ?
or .save file ?
if it .save, maybe its decrypted , then it can be edited ?

Well I have just tested Pokemon X/Y and Animal Crossing, and there doesn't seem to be any save file on the SD card. I therefore assume that Gateway just updates the ROM data itself. Also I had Pokemon X retail cart, and I used the 3DS game backup option, and when I attempted to play the game it said the game save was corrupt (Due to new firmware keys issue, so had to start again on Gateway). So the game save has to be stored in the ROM.

Reactions: cearp

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
The save is appended to the end of the ROM. From Gateway:

If you notice any slight differences with existing dumps out there, you might be correct. This is because our dumps are more thorough than any “scene” dumps currently out there. Again, future proofing our product for what’s yet to come!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well I have just tested Pokemon X/Y and Animal Crossing, and there doesn't seem to be any save file on the SD card. I therefore assume that Gateway just updates the ROM data itself. Also I had Pokemon X retail cart, and I used the 3DS game backup option, and when I attempted to play the game it said the game save was corrupt (Due to new firmware keys issue, so had to start again on Gateway). So the game save has to be stored in the ROM.
i used the powersave 3DS to back up the save
the result was a .bin save

simcole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I have a 3DS here with firmware 2.0 on it. I want to backup the nand and install 4.5. Can I just buy a flash cart and backup nand that way? These guides and sticky's seem out of date. Will the EVO thing let me do this soon? Is my only option to soldier to the MB and run a wire to backup nand?

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I'm afraid this isn't a telephone help desk -- the best thing you can do is type out EXACTLY what you did, step by step, and the error message you got. If you don't tell people what is the exact problem, they can't help you.

BTW, not many people have an ACE3DS plus card here (I don't have one either), so you may be waiting a while for someone who has one and knows how to solve the problem. But the bottom line is, you have to put in a bit of effort to communicate EXACTLY what is happening, and then if someone knows how to fix it, they will certainly reply. And, the more detail you give, the more likely someone can actually help you.

That's just how things work here.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you want someone to help, that is how you will get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...