• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi guys! I wanted to play some gba cias on my 3ds with my rxTools but I'd like to ask you a question first..
I know the rxTools doesn't need the AGB_FIRM patch but i found a version of it that boots GBA games with the GBA BIOS logo.
Will this damage any thing if i install that .cia on both emu&sysNAND.
I really like the GBA BIOS logo...

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried using Hans with firmware spoof to access the Nintendo ID Settings app, but it still says it doesn't work without system update.
Is there any way to login in my Nintendo ID account without updating my console?

I need it so i can download some stuff from eshop.
The firmware on my N3DS is 9.8.0-25E

It doesn't work for me either. I've also been looking for a way, couldn't find one. It also didn't work for the download play app trying to play Zelda Triforce Heroes. Smea really needs to fix these issuse, don't know if he's working on it.

Aerow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know you coulve used cfw on 9.1?
Also can you link me to the n3ds you bought, might buy one as well if it comes with 9.1
I got the white jap n3ds from playasia. Not sure if linking it is alright but yea its pretty much the normal white jap n3ds. Ordered it on the 8th, got it on the 12.

Ouch.... You could have gone full CFW with that N3DS. Oh well, too late for that now.

As for your question, yes you can set up Themehax via Ninjhax. Use Ninjhax the first time around and have the files for the Themehax installer in the "3ds" folder. If you grab the homebrew starter pack, it will already be included.
I remember reading that you could only emunand the n3ds to 9.5 but the cart said I needed 9.9. Also I was traveling and didn't really have internet access and just wanted to play the game T_T. Also I assume I can make it so that the 3DS boots into the homebrew launcher with themehax every time it starts up without using ninjhax?

Last edited by Aerow,

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to install DSiWare on v9.2 SysNAND after formatting to unlink? Then be able to boot it without having to launch PastaCFW or other CFW.

Also is there a way to convert Gateway 3DS format save to SaveDataFiler format with out having a Gateway 3DS flashcard?

s3r1alpari4h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the white jap n3ds from playasia. Not sure if linking it is alright but yea its pretty much the normal white jap n3ds. Ordered it on the 8th, got it on the 12.

I remember reading that you could only emunand the n3ds to 9.5 but the cart said I needed 9.9. Also I was traveling and didn't really have internet access and just wanted to play the game T_T. Also I assume I can make it so that the 3DS boots into the homebrew launcher with themehax every time it starts up without using ninjhax?
Themehax loads the Homebrew launcher when the configured button is held on boot (default is L)

Themehax also works without any game at all but to install Themehax you'll need another exploit ninjhax for example

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pm plz

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

There are cryptofixed versions of the games that require a higher firmware that will run on 9.5 emuNAND.

Yes, there are two versions of Themehax. The one included in the homebrew starter pack requires you to hold the L button while you're booting. There is also an autoboot version that will boot without holding a button; with this version you need to hold L to avoid booting the Homebrew Launcher.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've heard with the wrong ones you can get banned if you go online. I've also seen "firmware spoofed" ones, which I guess simulate being played by a system on the latest firmware.

Meant game cias, not other ones.

Last edited by Venat,

s3r1alpari4h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using Hans with firmware spoof to access the Nintendo ID Settings app, but it still says it doesn't work without system update.
Is there any way to login in my Nintendo ID account without updating my console?

I need it so i can download some stuff from eshop.
The firmware on my N3DS is 9.8.0-25E
Im having a similar problem. I guess I'll just have to go cia all the way to install anything

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, in the New 3DS emunand can be updated to 9.5 maximum, but you can still spoof the firmware to play higher firmware required games and install other cias to access eShop and such... Bad move...

But yes, just use Menuhax 2.0 so it boots into the HBL every time.

I've heard with the wrong ones you can get banned if you go online. I've also seen "firmware spoofed" ones, which I guess simulate being played by a system on the latest firmware.

Meant game cias, not other ones.

Cias are safe to play online, roms can get you banned if you don't use private headers.

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But if you install cias with fbi, are they still cias?

Or would another way to put it be that games from cia are always safe?

Last edited by Venat,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you install cias with fbi, are they still cias?

Or would another way to put it be that games from cia are always safe?
once installed they will be treated by your 3ds just as any e-shop title and your consoles unique id will serve as a 100% valid header as such online will be fine
this is the true for all .cia games

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess I have to eventually get one.

A bit more specific, do other users see if I have NNID or not, and are things like friend codes related to it? And thanks for answering all my questions.

Gunma82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, I have a noob question so here I am. Can I play ds roms on a custom firmware old 3ds (RxTools 3.0)? How? Thanks a lot in advance.

KalteFanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys. I installed the .cia file of MHX(translated) with BigBlueMenu in emunand but I can't get it to run. After booting the game, I just get a black screen. .3ds works though. emunand is up to date

old 3ds

Last edited by KalteFanta,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @K3Nv2 https://youtu.be/_b_WmfLhnMM?si=1GZF2ULEvDAH418O +1