• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
referring to installing FBI... Is there any chance of bricking/etc? I'm nervous changing anything on sysnand at all, but I feel like if it wasn't safe, the guide wouldn't have mentioned it so casually. Is this for running GBA Virtual Console titles/VC Injected roms?

O3DS 9.2.0-20U, no flashcart
No chance of bricking when injecting FBI. At worst, your H&S app may disappear from the home menu, but it will still exist on your 3DS and it can be restored.
Just got a brand new o3DS XL with 4.5.0.10E on it.

Looking at all these guides and all have errors or cause some kind of issue at some point. I'm reading these guides perfectly yet always seem to get caught up at some point.

What guide can I use which will 100000% work.

Went to the below and tried video from DarkFlare got to "Error opening FBI TMD" on rxTools through the video but haven't been able to fix that issue.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Followed up by the PDF guide which also caused issues simply trying to open rxtools via the browser after. So not too sure what happened.

Anyone able to give me a straight forward guide that isn't confusing? Feel really dumb right now unless I'm reading it all wrong.

Also after following the first guide somehow have 3 folders in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder which their long chains of text/numbers. 2 of them follow into dbs, extdata, title & the 3rd folder has just extdata. Unsure if any of that is an issue but yeah.. think I'm gunna sleep on it.
DarkFlare's guide is for an older version of rxTools, while the written tutorial on that thread and the Google Docs tutorial are a bit more updated (The GDoc one might be a bit more updated, I haven't checked).

Anyways, the "Error opening FBI TMD" is a common issue for some reason. You can try this method, it's a bit newer: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

You have 3 ID folders in the Nintendo 3DS folder because you either:
1. unlinked your nands while following the tutorial
2. inserted your 3DS SD card into another 3DS at some point, which created an ID folder for that 3DS on your SD card.
It's not a problem at all.

drakegraves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No chance of bricking when injecting FBI. At worst, your H&S app may disappear from the home menu, but it will still exist on your 3DS and it can be restored.

Thanks... Can I ask you one more thing? I want to play Stella Glow, Paper Jam, etc. newer games that require a System Menu Ver higher than my current emunand's.

So, just so I'm absolutely POSITIVE - Boot emunand>system settings>system update... Via wifi, and the newest system menu version is safe?

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks... Can I ask you one more thing? I want to play Stella Glow, Paper Jam, etc. newer games that require a System Menu Ver higher than my current emunand's.

So, just so I'm absolutely POSITIVE - Boot emunand>system settings>system update... Via wifi, and the newest system menu version is safe?
Yes that's right, just run system update while in the emunand.

Reactions: samiam144

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey, I got a New 3DS XL that came with 9.8.0-25E.
I already installed browserhax and blocked some ip adresses in opendns, so the 3DS doesn't get firmware updates.

Still, i want to update the Pokémon Omega Ruby game i have.
How can i do it without having my console firmware updated?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I got a New 3DS XL that came with 9.8.0-25E.
I already installed browserhax and blocked some ip adresses in opendns, so the 3DS doesn't get firmware updates.

Still, i want to update the Pokémon Omega Ruby game i have.
How can i do it without having my console firmware updated?
I believe there is an eShop spoofer included in the homebrew starter pack.

Yes, that's the way.

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, looking for a rather quick fix or solution to issue:

I'm trying to run GBA CIAS through emunand/sysnand I can't get them to work. They either appear invisible on sysnand. Or appear fine on emunand but give black screen. I've installed the AGB firm patch into nand. and also tried to install it to emunand (didn't work)

My emunand is 10.3
My nand is 9.2

Any ideas ?

thanks!

imreedeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I just updated from 9,7 to 10.3 and everyithing worked great for a while, but after like 30 minutes of playing suddenly my scren went black, now i cant turn on my 3ds, but if i try to to go into emunand my screen goes black, i suppose this means i should use one my emunand backups, but, is this "normal"? i mena I used the usual method to update and everything, i dont know if I did something wrong.

Also, i never used the "emunand tool" to backupp my amunands, i just copyed the nand.bin into my computer, was this wrong?

Last question, is there a good guide on what should i do?. mean i have a Nand.bin file on my 3ds, so should I use THAT nand to restore? or that one may be corrupted and I should use the ones on my computer?, also, I should just restore emunand or do i need to format first?

Last edited by imreedeer,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is, but doesn't work.
Maybe because i blocked the nintendo ip adresses?

I did it so the console doesn't get updated, so i'm guessing that if i unlock them the firmware might get updated.
Oh, I'm not so sure. You can try it with the DNS removed. Also, see any of the homebrew tutorials on the site, I'm sure one of them talks about how to use the eShop spoofer.
BTW, you can delete any predownloaded system update via the recovery menu: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-delete-predownloaded-update-spotpass-nag.381489/
Even without a GateWay card? And 10.3.0 is safe?
Yes, you don't need a GW card. 10.3 emunand is supported by all CFW currently.
Hi,

Appreciate it anyone can point me to a tutorial. I have an O3ds xl on 4/4 and I want to unlink nands. Thanks for any help!

rr
There is one in my signature, and it links to two other ones as well (older vid tutorial, and nicer GDoc tutorial).

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I'm not so sure. You can try it with the DNS removed. Also, see any of the homebrew tutorials on the site, I'm sure one of them talks about how to use the eShop spoofer.
BTW, you can delete any predownloaded system update via the recovery menu: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-delete-predownloaded-update-spotpass-nag.381489/

Yes, you don't need a GW card. 10.3 emunand is supported by all CFW currently.

There is one in my signature, and it links to two other ones as well (older vid tutorial, and nicer GDoc tutorial).
Thanks a lot!

Reactions: samiam144

s3r1alpari4h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm new to cfw...

Can someone tell me if pasta cfw will work on a Japanese N3DS 9.1 sysNAND? And can I use a method like browser hax to boot pasta cfw?

Last edited by s3r1alpari4h,

Aerow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a Jap n3ds the other day from play-asia, it came with 9.1 but I updated the n3ds to 9.9-20J using the MHX cart(so no browser access). Is it possible to get homebrew running using cubic ninja + menuhax so I don't have to use CN everytime or is it better to just update to 10.3?

s3r1alpari4h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a Jap n3ds the other day from play-asia, it came with 9.1 but I updated the n3ds to 9.9-20J using the MHX cart(so no browser access). Is it possible to get homebrew running using cubic ninja + menuhax so I don't have to use CN everytime or is it better to just update to 10.3?
What... Have... You... Done...

s3r1alpari4h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know you coulve used cfw on 9.1?
Also can you link me to the n3ds you bought, might buy one as well if it comes with 9.1

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ouch.... You could have gone full CFW with that N3DS. Oh well, too late for that now.

As for your question, yes you can set up Themehax via Ninjhax. Use Ninjhax the first time around and have the files for the Themehax installer in the "3ds" folder. If you grab the homebrew starter pack, it will already be included.

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried using Hans with firmware spoof to access the Nintendo ID Settings app, but it still says it doesn't work without system update.
Is there any way to login in my Nintendo ID account without updating my console?

I need it so i can download some stuff from eshop.
The firmware on my N3DS is 9.8.0-25E

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were not sure about the next 30 minutes though +1