• Replies 53,857
  • Likes 44

Girafarig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running Luma 9.0 and my 3DS is on Ver 11.4.0-37U.

I know I need to update Luma first, but wanted to ask if its okay to use Universal Updater in this case? Or if I should update manually.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What’s this all about? Playing Metroid Samus Returns and this happened! I’m on a moddded 3DSXL

Attachments

• IMG_2450.jpeg
    IMG_2450.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Rude_Boy_EEEE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to come back here and try solving my old problem from a new angle.

Is Extra Data extractable from an old gm9 backup? I have these files from my old 3DS under my old Nintendo ID account:
  • boot9.bin
  • 190414_NW10436403_sysnand_00.bin
  • 190414_NW10436403_sysnand_00.bin.sha
  • essential.exefs
I don't think there'd be any issue sharing those file names, but if there is, I'll edit them out ASAP.

I ended up making a new Nintendo ID way back in order to get a new name (outgrew my old cringe one). Anyway, I'm now trying to get my Persona Q map data from my old backup, and I think this is all I have to go on. Any luck, do you think? Thanks in advance!

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a 3DS with 128GB SD card and I'm getting 3DS XL in mail next week, I have just start playing Pokémon ultra sun on 3DS and I don't want to start new game on 3DS XL when I'm getting it next week. It's it possible to transfer savefile from 3DS to another 3DS? Çan I just use same SD card I'm using on 3DS on 3DS XL?

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Need some help here lads! I opened Metroid Samsun’s Returns on my 3DS this morning and FBI opened up! Tried a few times, even tried switching my 3DS on and off! Help!
Post automatically merged:

Trying to transfer some cia files but im hitting a brick wall.Help!
Post automatically merged:

Sorted it! Write protection was on lol! Sorry lads

Last edited by TudorBlue,

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a 3DS with 128GB SD card and I'm getting 3DS XL in mail next week, I have just start playing Pokémon ultra sun on 3DS and I don't want to start new game on 3DS XL when I'm getting it next week. It's it possible to transfer savefile from 3DS to another 3DS? Çan I just use same SD card I'm using on 3DS on 3DS XL?
On official firmware https://en-americas-support.nintend...ntendo-3ds,-nintendo-3ds-xl,-and-nintendo-2ds
On cfw use JKSM or something similar.

Reactions: PikachuPrincess23

anthony001

Trophies
XP
Country
so i have a 3ds xl and a new 3ds LL and its been a long time since i played with it
the 3ds xl if i remember correctly is using gateway while the new 3ds LL i assume is running a cfw. how can i be sure what each one is running
one thing i notice on on my 3ds xl is that it when i powered it on without anything in the cartridge and left it alone it says corrupted memory and shuts down. maybe it was looking for the gateway cartridge(i dont know)? or something. but after a few restart it now doesnt do that anymore. is that a bad sign?
on my new 3ds LL everything is working but have no idea what cfw im using and how to updte everything.

what sd card size do you guys recommmend to use for these 2?

1m4b0t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i took the sd out of my 3ds without knowing it was on. it said that i removed the sd, i powered off the console and reinserted the sd card. nothing should have happened right?

ps: the console was on the home screen doing nothing

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is Extra Data extractable from an old gm9 backup?
I'm not sure what makes you think you need Extra Data, but that is typically stored encrypted on the SD card.

boot9.bin
That is a dump of the arm9 boot rom, It is not unique and an identical dump can be obtained from any 3DS.

190414_NW10436403_sysnand_00.bin
That is a NAND backup.
190414_NW10436403_sysnand_00.bin.sha
That is a hash of the NAND backup, used to make sure that the backup hasn't unexpectedly changed.

essential.exefs
That contains the most important parts of the NAND backup, including the encryption key.

Anyway, I'm now trying to get my Persona Q map data from my old backup, and I think this is all I have to go on.
You can use the encryption key to decrypt your old SD card data, but if you don't have anything else from your old SD card, then these files aren't going to do you much good.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i took the sd out of my 3ds without knowing it was on. it said that i removed the sd, i powered off the console and reinserted the sd card. nothing should have happened right?

So does it boot to the home menu or not?

Rude_Boy_EEEE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what makes you think you need Extra Data, but that is typically stored encrypted on the SD card.

That is a dump of the arm9 boot rom, It is not unique and an identical dump can be obtained from any 3DS.

That is a NAND backup.
That is a hash of the NAND backup, used to make sure that the backup hasn't unexpectedly changed.

That contains the most important parts of the NAND backup, including the encryption key.

You can use the encryption key to decrypt your old SD card data, but if you don't have anything else from your old SD card, then these files aren't going to do you much good.
Because that's where the map data is stored for Persona Q. I think I got rid of the old data, though, so I gave up soon after I posted. I suppose I'll go back to copying the maps by hand. LOL.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Shouldn't have done anything wrong if it was just sat on the home screen.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i need some help with a japan version new 3ds xl region changed to US with luma and all that stuff the problem is my 3D slider is broken i took the backplate off and the little switch was not hooked up to the slider so i hooked it up correctly and no go the 3D still wont work so i installed rehid fork with slider support this one here https://github.com/GrieferPig/rehid_w_virtual_sliders and now im able to enable 3D and disable it to with rehid of course so my question is what part might of got broken or is there a fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Does the mature last longer
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hopefully.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not according to Psi
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol hi
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Sup.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Been on a bad manga binge recently. Wow there's a lot of shit out there.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Wdym? You read anything new?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't know if they're new, but I've read Shibuya Goldfish, Starving Anonymous, Tokyo Underworld (Shin Tokyo), Pumpkin Night, and Ajin. What's been released so far.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh nice. Never read those titles before.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just said they were shit though :tpi:
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least its better than nothing, could be worst. You could be watching an entire series for days lol.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shibuya Goldfish, starts off fine, meanders off into bullshit. Shin Tokyo, same. Starving Anonymous doesn't know where it's going from the start and is overall meh. Pumpkin Night is a parody of slasher horrors and the first volume is fun. Then it goes downhill.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It emulates slasher franchises in that the first movie is semi-plausible but then in the sequels the killer is some immortal unkillable thing, then they retcon the origin story, then there's cults, demons, government involvement, and everything kind of goes sideways.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Halloween, Friday the 13th...
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    And the manga does all that but it stops being a parody and starts just playing it straight.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There are two-three scanlations out there done by, let's say, drastically different people.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm reading the one by the brainrot skibidi zoomer because it's the funniest one.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So she stole like 150 wings? Lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I read where John Carpenter is working with game developers and making a Halloween game with Michael Myers, should be cool. Did say just starting so prob years out.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hope its a single player tho, tired of all these online multiplayer only horror games.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Michelle Myers after he got his sex change
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Multiplayer could be fun, as long as it's asymmetrical and you don't have 20 Michael Myerses running around the level.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But if you have one superhuman maniac on one end and a bunch of underpowered players on the other, might be fun.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea like the Friday 13th game.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea like the Friday 13th game.