Hacking Running b9s and Luma, Samus Returns crashes?

Volio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a copy of Samus Returns today from Gamestop and was excited to play it, but when I try to open the game it crashes.
The crash screen says this:
"An exception occured
Processir: ARM11
Exception type: data abort
Current process: MATADORA (00040000001BB200)"
I'm running boot9strap 1.3 and Luma 8.1.1.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the same error when running a European copy on a Japanese 3DS. Luma region/language emulation fixed it.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you enable game patching in an up-to-date Luma, which is v8.1.1 right now (hold Select on boot, then press Start to save the config after turning it on)

Run FBI, press A on TitleDB with Wi-Fi on, download LumaLocaleSwitcher-Rvn and change Samus Returns to USA region, EN language (Or whatever applies in this case)

Then, just run the game

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you enable game patching in an up-to-date Luma, which is v8.1.1 right now (hold Select on boot, then press Start to save the config after turning it on)

Run FBI, press A on TitleDB with Wi-Fi on, download LumaLocaleSwitcher-Rvn and change Samus Returns to USA region, EN language (Or whatever applies in this case)

Then, just run the game
Region and language emulation is already built into Luma, no need to download anything. OP should follow the instructions on this wiki page: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region and language emulation is already built into Luma, no need to download anything. OP should follow the instructions on this wiki page: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
Well yes and no: You must enable Game Patching to force a game to play in a certain language, but you need to also add the .txt as specified in Options-and-usage. The homebrew I told them to download (LumaLocaleSwitcher-Rvn) just makes a simple GUI for the .txt process, which is also handy when you're out and about

Reactions: Quantumcat and 0x40

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How do I change those settings?
IIRC you need to boot the system holding Select and you from there you can edit the Luma3DS settings

Also side note, ARM11 issues do not relate to B9S. As the name implies B9S works with ARM9 and not ARM11, as well has no effect on how games work. I know this seems trivial, but I always like to clear up any potential misconceptions.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: 0x40

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the necro but i can't seem to find a solution to this... same problem here. EUR console and EUR copy of the game :E

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game