• Likes 43

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JKSM all the way.
I alreayd gave a look at the data managments, but yeah, I don't find anything related to that game.
Not good.

Thanks a lot o/
If you'd made a nand backup back when the game was still installed and with the save there, you can open it in Ninfs and extract that save with it..

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah these nand backups are done once setting up everything, and even one of them was done using rxTools to give an idea
I thought there'd be stored somewhere, allowing FBI or JKSM or whatever to grab these back

(Or just installing the game again to have the save back)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few years ago, I dumped Mega Mystery Dungeon.
Do you mean Super Mystery Dungeon? Because "Mega Mystery Dungeon" doesn't seem to exist.

Because of some SD Card / managment issues, I deleted the title. And I didn't dumped my save. But in 2022, I realize that I didn't inject the save done on my cartridge (the idea was to dump my game to keep my collection clean)
Have you done a lot of other things with this unit or the SD card in the meantime? You might be able to undelete the data using standard PC file recovery tools, but if you kept using the SD card after you deleted the game, then the data has probably been completely overwritten.

If you'd made a nand backup back when the game was still installed and with the save there, you can open it in Ninfs and extract that save with it..
Titles stored on the SD do not store save data in the NAND.

Reactions: CoolMe

PeeB4Ugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 3DS XL and did the 3ds hacks guide successfully loading boot9strap and Luma3DS on it. My question is which flashcart can I use with this layout? Thanks for all your hard work and knowledge in advance :)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh so just copy my game to the SD card and that's it? Or is there a guide for that as well?
Have you followed and completed the steps that're on this page? If you did, you should have now FBI installed on your home menu, and with it you can install cia files of your games, dlc etc. Put your cia files in the cias folder, you can delete them after installation if you want to save up space..

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
How do I delete game saves?
JKSM can do it, just select the title and/or choose "Delete Save Data" and "Delete Extra Data".

Most/all games also have an option somewhere, I think A + B + X + Y (+ L + R) on load or on the title screen is common, but not fully universal.

Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so, I have a minor issue.

A couple months ago, while doing some spring cleaning in our house, we came across a forgotten box in a lone closet that contained, among other lost & misplaced things (and even things we didn't even knew we had!), GateWay Red & Blue Cards.

So, I've been trying to install GateWay CFW on my 3DS EmuNAND. After some Trial & Error, as well as following a couple of Tutorials, I managed to boot into GWCFW through the HomeBrew Browser using the GateWay Launcher HomeBrew 3dsx app (at least, I THINK I did; is there any way to tell?), HOWEVER, when I try to insert my GateWay Red Card, it says that there's nothing inserted. It obviously detects it's been inserted, since the "Nothing's Inserted" Message briefly blinks (and the ONLY time my 3DS detects it is in GWCFW).

My Question is, is there something I'm doing wrong that my 3DS can't detect the GateWay Red Card?

And INB4 anyone asks: Yes, I know about Luma3DS CFW with Boot9Stap; Yes, I already have it installed; and No, I DON'T plan on replacing it with GateWay. I just figured this would be a fun little thing to try and test out and have fun with (I'm using it on an unimportant EmuNAND), since I have it, among other personal reasons...

Thanks To Anyone Who Can Help Me!

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Ok, so, I have a minor issue.

A couple months ago, while doing some spring cleaning in our house, we came across a forgotten box in a lone closet that contained, among other lost & misplaced things (and even things we didn't even knew we had!), GateWay Red & Blue Cards.

So, I've been trying to install GateWay CFW on my 3DS EmuNAND. After some Trial & Error, as well as following a couple of Tutorials, I managed to boot into GWCFW through the HomeBrew Browser using the GateWay Launcher HomeBrew 3dsx app (at least, I THINK I did; is there any way to tell?), HOWEVER, when I try to insert my GateWay Red Card, it says that there's nothing inserted. It obviously detects it's been inserted, since the "Nothing's Inserted" Message briefly blinks (and the ONLY time my 3DS detects it is in GWCFW).

My Question is, is there something I'm doing wrong that my 3DS can't detect the GateWay Red Card?

And INB4 anyone asks: Yes, I know about Luma3DS CFW with Boot9Stap; Yes, I already have it installed; and No, I DON'T plan on replacing it with GateWay. I just figured this would be a fun little thing to try and test out and have fun with (I'm using it on an unimportant EmuNAND), since I have it, among other personal reasons...

Thanks To Anyone Who Can Help Me!

gateway devs stopped supporting the 3ds. so the needed updates were never provided. as it been closed source and black box no one took over. so after a certain update Nintendo won that war. plus the same team released Sky3DS, which was the end of gateway and a cash grab move. plus that team is rumoured to be team xecuter.. which is another story for another day.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
After leaving my New 3DS as it was from 2018,I'm starting to use it again, I have some questions.
There's any homebrew to sort 3DS icons on home menu similar to "Wii U Menu Sort"?

Or a "home menu replacement" that shows all the games installed (including 3DS ones) and let launch them all, in a similar vein to "title list" on FBI, but showing the game icons (and if possible banners too)?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Have been using 3DS Bank, but if there's a title launcher other than FBI "Title list" it would be a better solution because not only it would solve the icon limit, most of times homebrew launchers actually sort their item list. If 3DS Bank would be the better option, having a menu auto sorter would actually help to sort icons among the home menu slots.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki,

Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway devs stopped supporting the 3ds. so the needed updates were never provided. as it been closed source and black box no one took over. so after a certain update Nintendo won that war. plus the same team released Sky3DS, which was the end of gateway and a cash grab move. plus that team is rumoured to be team xecuter.. which is another story for another day.
I mean, I'm aware GateWay is obsolete & no longer supported, but I hear you can get it up & running. The problem is, I'm not sure exactly HOW. All the guides I try to follow just ends back up with roadblocks that I can't seem to overcome. If someone could just point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I'm aware GateWay is obsolete & no longer supported, but I hear you can get it up & running. The problem is, I'm not sure exactly HOW. All the guides I try to follow just ends back up with roadblocks that I can't seem to overcome. If someone could just point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it!
I thought you needed 11.3 or lower firmware.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-gw3d-11-10-b9s-and-cfw.550040/

thats basically your only real guide on how to do that. and. dont expect much help on that topic either.

Reactions: Flame and CoolMe

Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you needed 11.3 or lower firmware.
Only on EmuNAND, right? Yeah, I already downgraded to 11.2. I have a backup of my MicroSD & NANDS on another Fresh Card, so I don't mind messing around with it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-gw3d-11-10-b9s-and-cfw.550040/

thats basically your only real guide on how to do that. and. dont expect much help on that topic either.
Oh, WOW! That was AMAZINGLY simple! Hey, Thanks for the Link! I'm sure it was probably more trouble than it was worth to point a noob like me in the right direction, but I appreciate it non-the-less!

I actually came across this Thread a while ago, but since my head was swimming with all this new Information I had to Absorb about this GateWay (sometimes even conflicting each other!), I got Confused about what to do while I was Reading it... But when you narrowed down what I should focus on, it was SURPRISINGLY simple! I Owe Ya One!

SandwichLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I lost the sd card for my modded 3ds xl, and no longer have access to backups I made on my pc. Is there any way to recover my 3ds or it just a paperweight now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...