Hacking 3DS may spell end to Ninty's piracy woes.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Piracy has been there for ages even before modern technology is developed.No matter what they do they can't erase on what has already been written down by history.Piracy?No matter what they do,no matter how complicated their system works,pirates will find their way,I mean c'mon they won't be called pirates for nothing right?Piracy is already a given so it's just up to Nin and devs on how to patch the damage(?) that was made to them(I mean you can't stop a storm from hitting but you can prepare for minimal damage),and that includes quality games worth buying right and not just stupid shovelware.

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope the first year will be a good one and good games will sell a lot, so no exploits I hope. Otherwise no more saint's row, metal gear solid, resident evil, ... for us

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
For me it's as simple as this:

I have a GBA, DS Lite and a Wii so: I can play every game for Gameboy, GBA, DS, Wii, Wiiware, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Neo Geo, and via emulators also NES, Super Nintendo, Megadrive, PC Engine + many many more.

So when the 3DS comes out and appears to be unhackable, I simply WON'T buy one. I have to many games I haven't played or finished as it is. Why the heck do I want to buy games all of a sudden just because it has better graphics and 3D???? IT doesn't change the fact that there's still a shitload of magnificant games out there that I even haven't touched yet.

Off course this is the result of only wanting to play for free. You could see it as a curse, but I see it as a way to focus on what I already have, which is awesome!

So if they manage to hack the 3DS in order to play free games on it, I will IMMEDIATELY buy one. If that's not the case, I'm out, but still happy with what I've got.

petspaps

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
May or may not be said - But i mean they said Everest was impossible. Just like Jamaica can't have a bobsled team. Them saying that is just gonna entice hackers all around the globe to shove this up nintendo's
excl.gif
. That being said ill give it 6 months top for a flash card.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lumstar said:
That sure was one sloppy mistake of Sony. They succeeded in protecting UMD against bootlegs (I believe that's still true even now), but left a back door open.
Well, remember, once one back door is found, nobody really has as much incentive to work as hard at cracking the rest.

Sort of like how nobody's ever gotten GBA games running off of Slot 1 on the NDS -- it's probably possible to access the GBA hardware from there somehow, but nobody is going to put in the time necessary to do it when cheap and easy Slot 2 solutions exist.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ruri said:
Sort of like how nobody's ever gotten GBA games running off of Slot 1 on the NDS -- it's probably possible to access the GBA hardware from there somehow, but nobody is going to put in the time necessary to do it when cheap and easy Slot 2 solutions exist.
Pretty sure they've tried...

Plus, there are Slot 1 solutions at the moment, albeit not at 100% yet (as far as I know). Supercard DSTwo and iPlayer have GBA emulators.

shyam513

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kylehboc said:
Fact is, that there will always be people out there, smarter and more determined than any of these developers.

Yeah true, but we need to remember that the developers are paid LOADS to do this, I doubt they're going down without a fight - It may take half a year to crack the ap.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Overman1977 said:
FireGrey said:
Trust me berlinka...you're not gonna resist the 3DS...

Sounds like he/she will be able to resist...why don't you think so?
Off course seeing fantastic games on a wonderful new games machine will be tempting. But the same happened to me with the Wii. I ordered it in advance, but when I went to pick it up I also wanted a game, so I looked and saw "Super Monkey Ball - Banana blitz" for 50 euros (64 USD), and I thought "No way I'm going to spend this much on a game!!". That same night my Wii was chipped for 40 euros.

Okay, what else could I do? I have the tendency of jumping from one game to another. What to do when you only got one!!

It's the kind of gaming I don't do. I have to have A LOT of choice.

So I'll admit that if the 3DS can play my DS games off of my Acekard or R4 I might buy one, so I can buy the odd 3DS game once in a while. But I think chances are less than 1% that the 3DS accepts the current generation of flashcarts.

So again, as much as I might be tempted, I probably won't have one UNTIL it's got ways to play illegal software.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't want the 3DS hacked right away...

if it is...

OH NOES...PROFIT MARGIN AND BOTTOM LINE LOSS!"

hundreds of companies would pull out faster than [insert sexually derogatory comment here]

all the good fan waited games like Star Fox or Saints Row might be canceled or put on hold "indefinitely"

or even cancelled until they can make a "AP comeback"

lots of possibly PSP games went this way...the sad this is...is they never made a comeback

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: :( +2