3DS hits record on Amazon & gamestation set for busy friday 25

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Skitty22, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Skitty22
    OP

Newcomer Skitty22 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Not sure if anyone has seen it yet but sales for the 3DS @ amazon uk have gone through the roof supassing the PS3 and X360 records.

a gamestation person told me today they are indicating that the 25th uk release is going to be crazy , and also said they are very likely to sell out within hours.

This could indicate a good day for them.

Also anyone who has one pre-ordered in any GS store the price has dropped from £229 to £219 which means with the pre-order deposit it will be only £209.00 this is not bad considering , the online is £196.00 but i can understand the price difference in the shop i suppose they do have to count for delievery , display , admin and staff costs for the night launch etc.

Whatever i am still getting mine without fail on the 25th , but damm i have to go to remploy first ! which is annoying.

2. Cloak519

Member Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

This is why I'm sort of pissed off with my father.
    He can't really grasp the fact that it's basically going to sell out day one and so he thinks I'm just being obsessive trying to get it as close to launch day as possible.
    Odds are I won't pre-order and then I'll be stuck waiting months.

3. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    He wouldn't let you pre-order it?...

4. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If it'll be anything like the Wii's release here, it sold out in all stores the first day and then every 2 weeks more shipments would be and there would be lines outside of stores waiting to get a system (as if it was still launch day) and this went on for the first 3-5 months till there was enough supply to meet demand.

5. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    On top of this, there might be a shortage of certain components that the 3DS uses due to the situation in Japan. We don't know what factories have been hit and how bad. Thus there might be even a bigger issue with managing enough shipments around the world.. Flash based memory rose about 30% in prices during the first days after the earthquake..

-Qtis

6. Cloak519

Member Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nah he will, I guess he was just in a mood on the day or I misinterpreted.

7. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Gamestation? I expected HMV to be in place of Gamestation. So many people got conned [​IMG] Oh and they're gonna sucker in some of them with their bundles which are basically 219 + 39.99 * number of games. I'm glad with my Morrisons pre-order [​IMG]

Anyways, I wanted to go in the Amazon queue but I'm concerned about pre-order priorities. They may have some good deals but I'd rather get mine on Day 1 rather than wait anxiously.

8. tvararu

Newcomer tvararu Member

Romania
    Their factories are in mainland China.

9. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    As the price war in the UK means online sellers are making next to nothing on the system, I fully expect prices to increase after release also...