All DLC added to RGH3 console is corrupted

sleal16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive gone through a good amount of pages and cant seem to find a solution to this. Old Xbox360 that I modded a couple of years ago but never did anything outside of adding the goldeneye game. This was RGH chip modded. Just learned that shortly after I did that , RGH3 was discovered so decided to revisit the console. This is what was done:

NAND patched for that glitch+converted from chip to chipless
Bought new hard drive -> formatted in fatxplorer
Set up Aurora through dashlaunch
Set up the basic settings in dashlaunch for content patching

I've tried several game's DLC and have errors loading when the game starts. So the game/system finds it, since its in the right directories. Also have the most recent TU's applied. Scanning the DLC with MX360 shows it as unlocked, but ran its unlock/repair tools anyway. Checked with 360 Content Manager and the files already show as unlocked as well. The DLC is detected in Aurora, and messed with the content patching with the dashboard as well. When browsing the DLC through the Xbox's storage menu, all DLC shows as "corrupted".

Tried multiple sources of DLC's of different games, all show the same error and I've done this with a couple of hard drives as well to reduce the change of bad sectors or failing drive...so its something small (I hope) I'm missing somewhere.
Post automatically merged:

Added notes. Ran the patching option with the content manager. Also tried first XBLA game and that error'd with "The Game couldnt start. try downloading the game again". So nothing outside of ISO images (extracted) works. Checked to make sure I'm on the latest Kernel/NAND/Firmware, dashlaunch, and aurora as well.

Last edited by sleal16,

sleal16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG. Hours of searching and never ran across this solution. So if any of the regulars read this and unaware, put this in your mind palace.... If the ftp client is setting up transfers in ASCII or "Auto" (which will use ascii), it corrupts the XBLA and DLC files. I have two computers that I was using for this. The secondary is an old Dell I use for the Windows utilities I cant get on my Mac. So even the files I FTP'd to my windows box to try to "patch" with all the X360 tools would not work for the same reason. Judging by other posts when people recommend to use Content Manager or other equivalent tools instead of FTP, and it works for the users, is because those tools use binary transfers. I toggled my Filezilla to use binary and those same files that were not working on my console before now work flawlessly. Just weird that the normal extracted ISO's of game discs do work in ASCII transfers. If those would not have worked either from the beginning, I might have narrowed things down sooner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto