Indie Games ( XBLIG ) not working

Idrolitina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello everyone,
It is about two days I am going crazy with a new X360s.

I rgh3ed a Trinity that had the on board 4gb module already fully updated (avatar and 17559).

I just went to check if everything was working ok and I noticed the xblig are not starting.
I have the title update and the games in the content folder on HDD (normal structure I use on all Xbox360 just in this case I think the console has something different because the 4gb module where maybe the updates are installed).

Aurora tries to start them and at 95% goes back to the dashboard (sorry I posted the video directly on reddit not imgur). It doesn’t boot at all in the ‘indie launcher,’ with the blue screen. If I try to launch them in the stock dash I have the ‘to play this game, sign in to Xbox live’ message. I had a similar problem when the games and the TU update where not placed in the right folder... But this Hdd is the one I use on my KRONOS and I have no problem whatsover there...

I tried checking with XM360: the games are all unlocked
I tried moving the the 00002000 (typo) 00000002 folder directly in the content/ directory: no change
I tried erasing the content of both aurora/data/title update and aurora/data/cache: no luck
I tried a different HDD I had: same exact results.

A bit desperate I decided to see if it was the console/update/model problem as I thought
I had another trinity with the same 4gb OB memory , and I rghed that too and i have AGAIN the exact same problem...
Also this one was fully update as it is something I do as soon as a I get the console normally.
To check if my theory was right I tried flashing a DONOR nand with Jr with Extra and what do you know? the XBLIG booted BUT only from the stock dashboard. I went to fiddle with Dashlaunch (i must have tried 10 different settings and still all the times AURORA refused to launch). I am not sure anymore what I did tick on and off but now ALSO the Stock dash returned to the error 'to play this game, sign in to Xbox live.’

This is the hdd i normally use on my other console and they work with no problems so I really don’t know what it might be.

Any idea what should I check?
Anyone know if I can remove the avatar update in anyway beside flash like, maybe removing it fromthe nand?

Thanks!

Last edited by Idrolitina,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc, enable fake live in the dashlaunch launch.ini

Also, it's 00000002, not 00002000. That is the dlc folder name as all indie games use the same title id.

Reactions: Idrolitina

Idrolitina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Iirc, enable fake live in the dashlaunch launch.ini

Also, it's 00000002, not 00002000. That is the dlc folder name as all indie games use the same title id.
Thanks sorry was a typo, as per my picture shows I have the same folder structure and name.
Make sure you have the XNA Indie Player Title Update in content/00000000000000/584E07D2/000B0000.
Thanks, I have it. I also tried an older version. Do you have a version you would suggest?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks sorry was a typo, as per my picture shows I have the same folder structure and name.

Thanks, I have it. I also tried an older version. Do you have a version you would suggest?
Did fakelive not work? It may be autolive, but I'm not at my computer. One of those should get them to work in the stock dash.

Idrolitina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Did fakelive not work? It may be autolive, but I'm not at my computer. One of those should get them to work in the stock dash.
I tried Autofake and fakelive. same results. I might have to turn something else off maybe :S ?

Crazy thing is that this hdd works np on my Jasper KRONOS.

Reactions: godreborn

Idrolitina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You don't want to turn them off.
My thought exactly lol.
Is it possible this is a conflict within the avatar update installed before rgh3? on the Phats normally even if I install the Avatar Up i have to reinstall it after rgh. With this one I had no prompt to install the update :S

It really doesnt make sense that the hdd works on the phats but not on the slim 4gb i tried (two different consoles same results)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. The update is for the hard drive as that's where all that stuff is stored. Internal memory systems, I'm not sure if it can be installed to there or not.

Idrolitina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not sure. The update is for the hard drive as that's where all that stuff is stored. Internal memory systems, I'm not sure if it can be installed to there or not.
Right And i remember this because formatting a BB Jasper once I noticed als othe Avatar update was gone which made me thing it was unpermanent ... INSTEAD on these 4gb trinities only if I unplug the OB4gb module I lose the update o.o (btw i still cannot run the XBLIG).

Idrolitina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry for the late reply, time difference!

I was not able to use XBLIG from dashlaunch but I found a fix.
I owe you because you pushed me to look so much in Dashlaunch that I run out of option.

Essentially what was happening is that the avatar update is stored in the secret partition on the OB module.
Even if I formatted it it did not got cancelled.

I removed the OB module and then I reflashed the nand (no matter if donor or not, tried both with the two different Trinity) and without re-plugging the OB I set the HDD, the USB with the avatar update and started any app from the stock dash to trigger the update that in this case got installed on the HDD... AGAIN. As matter of fact the the reflash is optional (i think). The important thing is to not have the OB and to launch an app from the stock dash with the usb plugged in.

What really set me off is the fact that the HDD was already in use so the update MUST HAVE ALREADY BEEN THERE... not sure where and how it works or if it is set to work differently for slims and phats (I never heard such thing), or if it is this HDD that is dying (old guy).

Anyway I fixed it, installed LED and put it together. Thank you, really a lot!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late reply, time difference!

I was not able to use XBLIG from dashlaunch but I found a fix.
I owe you because you pushed me to look so much in Dashlaunch that I run out of option.

Essentially what was happening is that the avatar update is stored in the secret partition on the OB module.
Even if I formatted it it did not got cancelled.

I removed the OB module and then I reflashed the nand (no matter if donor or not, tried both with the two different Trinity) and without re-plugging the OB I set the HDD, the USB with the avatar update and started any app from the stock dash to trigger the update that in this case got installed on the HDD... AGAIN. As matter of fact the the reflash is optional (i think). The important thing is to not have the OB and to launch an app from the stock dash with the usb plugged in.

What really set me off is the fact that the HDD was already in use so the update MUST HAVE ALREADY BEEN THERE... not sure where and how it works or if it is set to work differently for slims and phats (I never heard such thing), or if it is this HDD that is dying (old guy).

Anyway I fixed it, installed LED and put it together. Thank you, really a lot!
hmm, that's interesting. I've never owned a slim, so I didn't realize that would be a problem. I had never heard of that before, but I think most people started on older dashboards, so maybe that module was taking precedent if it had been installed there originally, when it needed to be on the hdd. other people probably just updated and had to redo the avatar update. I'm assuming the hdd will take precedent if it's plugged in at the same time? 'cause I've never heard of this problem before. glad you got it fixed though.

Idrolitina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
hmm, that's interesting. I've never owned a slim, so I didn't realize that would be a problem. I had never heard of that before, but I think most people started on older dashboards, so maybe that module was taking precedent if it had been installed there originally, when it needed to be on the hdd. other people probably just updated and had to redo the avatar update. I'm assuming the hdd will take precedent if it's plugged in at the same time? 'cause I've never heard of this problem before. glad you got it fixed though.
Sorry I had a super busy weekend.
After the update I set the OB module back in place. Using the Dashlaunch launch.INI I debugged it and now can confirm that the Xbox 360s with the module installed gave always priority to the OB memory. I am sure that is some override in the OS. This conflict with Aurora is that to lunch the Xblig from the hdd use dashlaunch and need the Avatar Update on the same drive.

I have also just tested it with a different drive (specifically an SSHD, but for the first time a totally new drive), and what do you know? the Sshd updated on my Jasper WORKS on my Trinity... still, the update could only be installed from a slim without the OB, presumably for the same reason: the Avatar Update is already in the OB.

This makes me think 1) My HDD was really dying and the secret partition's files are all scrambled; 2) the OB has conflicts with my specific HDD (Toshiba 2017 1tb). I don't think is the second, but also the first would surprise me. CrystalDisk Info gives my Hdd as good, and I could not see any anomaly in the register.
Anyway, all fixed. Thank you all!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be better if it was like the 12gb superslim ps3s, which transfer the data from internal storage if you wish and an hdd is detected. It's slow as hell transferring though.

Idrolitina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Might be better if it was like the 12gb superslim ps3s, which transfer the data from internal storage if you wish and an hdd is detected. It's slow as hell transferring though.
I have one of those and I did not even know there is 12gb internal storage. Is it also used on the stock 500 GB hdd? To be fair I really got my ps3 like 4-5 years ago. Anyway yeah also just the chance to fully format the OB would be really great.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one of those and I did not even know there is 12gb internal storage. Is it also used on the stock 500 GB hdd? To be fair I really got my ps3 like 4-5 years ago. Anyway yeah also just the chance to fully format the OB would be really great.
I don't think they came with an hdd iirc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded