Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you have dev unit + flashcard thingy, then you could possibly play "backups". Price would make it unworth it, but would be interesting. Could be why the dump teams say they're roms are good.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you have dev unit + flashcard thingy, then you could possibly play "backups". Price would make it unworth it, but would be interesting. Could be why the dump teams say they're roms are good.

You could play developer signed software, not retail cart dumps

Reactions: 3DSGuy

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so. Remember the video on the Crown 3DS website showing a rom (assuming a 1:1 copy) being played. You'd think if they could do that, it would be finished by now. There must be something else to it :hateit: .
Possibly downsizing it to a near retail cart size? Plus having only one ROM backup would be kinda annoying, since you basically have to reflash every time you wanted to switch a game out of it.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Possibly downsizing it to a near retail cart size? Plus having only one ROM backup would be kinda annoying, since you basically have to reflash every time you wanted to switch a game out of it.
Are you trying to say a 1-ROM flashcart wouldn't be popular enough to sell?

You don't know people :P

Reactions: filfat and 3DSGuy

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to say a 1-ROM flashcart wouldn't be popular enough to sell?

You don't know people :P
lol, I guess, but its lack of versatility wouldn't grab as many customers. Being able to hold all of your games in one cart is the biggest reason why I ever bought a flash cart. Thats just me, but, the size question still comes into play, could they really downsize what they had into a near retail cart size? That thing was pretty gigantic, even though it did have a lot of unused pcb.

Reactions: Tattorack

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
One of the most likely reasons Crown3DS didn't come out is that they found they could only have a select few games, possibly as few as 3 per hardware design (we don't know the actual number, it might have just been 1).

So it'd be more like "you can flash any one of these three games at once"... and nobody gives a shit.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, I guess, but its lack of versatility wouldn't grab as many customers. Being able to hold all of your games in one cart is the biggest reason why I ever bought a flash cart. Thats just me, but, the size question still comes into play, could they really downsize what they had into a near retail cart size? That thing was pretty gigantic, even though it did have a lot of unused pcb.
It would grab me, there are some carts which are hard to come by i.e. kiosk demos and developer demos, it would be a lot easy to obtain a rip of the actual cartridge than the cart itself.

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! The 3DS Dev unit stuff got me thinking quite a bit. I also remember seeing Nintendo DS Dev stuf! Do you think the 3DS systems at game shops are the same as the ones in the photos? If I intentionally hit the home button or reset a dev system the next time I "play" a 3DS Demo system, Is there a way back into the game? I'm also thinking that maybe, If I can find any copies of these systems when I'm older, would it be a good idea to buy one? Also, I'm sorry if I'm asking the same question every one else has asked LIKE A THOUSAND times but, will I be able to play my current retail games? (NDS, DSi, 3DS)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow! The 3DS Dev unit stuff got me thinking quite a bit. I also remember seeing Nintendo DS Dev stuf! Do you think the 3DS systems at game shops are the same as the ones in the photos? If I intentionally hit the home button or reset a dev system the next time I "play" a 3DS Demo system, Is there a way back into the game? I'm also thinking that maybe, If I can find any copies of these systems when I'm older, would it be a good idea to buy one? Also, I'm sorry if I'm asking the same question every one else has asked LIKE A THOUSAND times but, will I be able to play my current retail games? (NDS, DSi, 3DS)
The 3DS Panda dev unit can play DS (and maybe DSi games), but no 3DS games.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! The 3DS Dev unit stuff got me thinking quite a bit. I also remember seeing Nintendo DS Dev stuf!
Do you think the 3DS systems at game shops are the same as the ones in the photos?
The 3DS units in game shops are not dev units
If I intentionally hit the home button or reset a dev system the next time I "play" a 3DS Demo system, Is there a way back into the game?
Of course.
I'm also thinking that maybe, If I can find any copies of these systems when I'm older, would it be a good idea to buy one?
Only if you have any developer signed software, and/or you have a copy of the 3DS SDK and want to create your own homebrew.
Also, I'm sorry if I'm asking the same question every one else has asked LIKE A THOUSAND times but, will I be able to play my current retail games? (NDS, DSi, 3DS)That question is answered in the first post. There is a whole paragraph dedicated to it. Go read it.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The 3DS rom dumps you see floating around on the internet, are in the CCI format. There's no reason why it shouldn't technically work. Though I can't imagine Nintendo would make it that easy, there's probably a restriction in PC flasher program which refuses to burn the rom if it has retail flags, or retail 3DS units refuse to read CTR-008 cartridges. But I don't know for sure, I don't have one :( .

loong time..

the specs say: 3ds retail games are signed with different key..

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loong time..

the specs say: 3ds retail games are signed with different key..
I was taking about putting a retail ROMs on a CTR-008 and using it on a retail 3DS. So keys wouldn't have been a problem. Though now I know more, it's not possible because Developer Cards and Retail Cards, signal to the 3DS which type they are.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Right now on eBay

$_57b.JPG $_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16gbit-Nint...rtridge-/131045832202?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...