• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its all about the CFW people, that's what we need. I really don't want this to end up like the ds or the PS3 (Both needed external devices to run the hacks, even if it was for different reasons). CFW's provide more control, and even if they are "cart friendly", they sometimes keep the "less experienced" away from the hack (see ios jailbreak, lol).

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
But a cart that's 1:1 is not a flash cart, as it's not flashable. See Crown3DS and Ace3DS Pro/Plus/whatever.

EDIT: Or rather, the 3DS sides of those carts.
I do not mean physically, I mean in terms of the 3DS will end up inteperating the data. It's entirely possible to end up with a flash cart that will only be able to play retail games considering that is what sells this kind of device really. I can easily see a situation like the current ODEs happening where you can happily load back ups but cannot bypass region restrictions or actively modify a lot of content.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I do not mean physically, I mean in terms of the 3DS will end up inteperating the data. It's entirely possible to end up with a flash cart that will only be able to play retail games considering that is what sells this kind of device really. I can easily see a situation like the current ODEs happening where you can happily load back ups but cannot bypass region restrictions or actively modify a lot of content.
Ah, that makes more sense.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You know you can actually make the options "Custom firmware" and "Flashcart" so it's less confusing right?
Anyway it should be pretty obvious that everyone will prefer custom firmware if it's an option. That way you can run games from the 3DS SD card, install them onto the 3DS home menu, have any cartridge you want plugged in (or none at all), and you don't have to buy a poorly constructed chinese made hardware device that lets chinese people profit off piracy.

Reactions: kehkou

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW, would be much better, region free, run 3ds roms from SD card, homebrew channel... who would want a flash card over CFW, it make no sense.

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
Flashcards pretty much promote the ease of piracy and brings floods of noobs that ask the same question a gazillion times.

I prefer a CFW, or an alternative system menu like FSD on the 360.
However... a Linux loader like XeLL also wouldn't be that bad.
Actually... no matter what choice, there will always be poeple asking questions, of wich the majority will be stupid.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually... no matter what choice, there will always be poeple asking questions, of wich the majority will be stupid.

The amount of idiots asking if JTAGging a 360 is possible with only a USB/softmod a 360 is FAR less then the idiots asking the same question about their shitty R4.
Yeh, I highly favor some tricky hack over a simple flashcard.

Arshes91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sincery i would prefer CFW ish than a normal Flashcard, would same as ps3 i did for Rogero lastest firmware.

Of course Flashcard are good but maybe if we get like nintendo wii banner bomb or something similar will be awesome.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like both... The reasons being is to be able to expand storage through both the native SD card slot and have the use of Micro SD through the game slot.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like both... The reasons being is to be able to expand storage through both the native SD card slot and have the use of Micro SD through the game slot.
This is the first thing I thought of:
hey_white_castle_you_cant_have_it_both_ways-264625.jpg
But this may be simpler to understand:
Both_Ways_Two_TFL_large.jpg

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd prefer flashcards.
CFW are for cheap assholes who just want to get games for free without even paying for a dirty cheap flashcard.

if flashcard for 3DS games will become available, it'll be like the DS all over again and sites like GBAtemp will have stuff to review and import stores will advertise on the site making a small contribution to the site expenses.

I miss the good old days around here where every week or so a new flashcard would come out with better compatibility and more awesome features.

Since we got softmods and nobody wants to shell a cent for it, every hacker has lost interest in the scene.

Modchips and flashcard are a GOOD thing. ;)

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I'd prefer flashcards.
CFW are for cheap assholes who just want to get games for free without even paying for a dirty cheap flashcard.

if flashcard for 3DS games will become available, it'll be like the DS all over again and sites like GBAtemp will have stuff to review and import stores will advertise on the site making a small contribution to the site expenses.

I miss the good old days around here where every week or so a new flashcard would come out with better compatibility and more awesome features.

Since we got softmods and nobody wants to shell a cent for it, every hacker has lost interest in the scene.

its funny as Flashcards have been around since the early days of nintendo
even teh Gameboy and NES had them

the problem these days is all the tight wads now have internet and only want it for the free games
not the joy of modding the tech and having fun with it
all they care about is saving money and moaning about the fact that games cost them money

Reactions: Arm73

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd prefer flashcards.

Doesn't a flashcart have piracy issues as well. o.0
its funny as Flashcards have been around since the early days of nintendo
even teh Gameboy and NES had them

the problem these days is all the tight wads now have internet and only want it for the free games
not the joy of modding the tech and having fun with it
all they care about is saving money and moaning about the fact that games cost them money
Unfortunately, this is absolutely correct. At least with a flashcart, those 'tight wads' have to spend some money. I wonder if flashcart producers could make something similar to the huge Action Replay DSi, where you have to make a backup of your own games by sticking the cartridge into a slot on the top. Then, piracy wouldn't be an issue. (except for the people who will buy used games, then return them after backing them up)

Filipe C Bello dos Santos

Real pirates don't buy fake copies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This topic had some good subjects, but the it took an arrow in the knee... now it's another piracy topic.
this thing is like a zombie on this forum, turning every subject into "piracy is bad".

I would preffer the CFW because on the PSP it works really well. It's the better emulation device until Android phones arrive, and i still prefer the PDP GO for that. But not much for psp games, most of them suck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol