Hacking 3DS and 2DS SD failing after Hardmod (fried mobo?)

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!

Two friends of mine related to me a very weird issue.
After doing hardmod + autofirm in a couple of 3DS, their SD stopped working. Changing the piece does not make it work and even reflashing the original NAND doesn't solve the issue.

So the issue is that the 3DS cannot recognize the SD, but removing it does trigger the "SD card removed" dialog.

So my question is, does the FIRM we inject via auto firm has the power to break the SD reading?

Does anyone else experienced this issue?

I'm really puzzled!

Any comments are welcome.

Thx!

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!

Two friends of mine related to me a very weird issue.
After doing hardmod + autofirm in a couple of 3DS, their SD stopped working. Changing the piece does not make it work and even reflashing the original NAND doesn't solve the issue.

So the issue is that the 3DS cannot recognize the SD, but removing it does trigger the "SD card removed" dialog.

So my question is, does the FIRM we inject via auto firm has the power to break the SD reading?

Does anyone else experienced this issue?

I'm really puzzled!

Any comments are welcome.

Thx!

1- Make a cleaning the SD contacts.
2- The SD's are originals? (What comes standard in 3ds) If not, do a capacity test using H2testw. Make sure the SD has the full capacity as printed.
3- If it did not work yet, check the fuse C2 in the SD connector region. If you have another 3ds (if are in 2Ds, make only the test of fuse), try switching the SD Card Slot connector (as in the image below).

Card-Slot-Socket-SD-Card-Reader-for-Nintendo.jpg

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Shitty sd cards
The SD card work in other 3DS and in my computer. It's the original 3DS SD, btw.
Thx!
1- Make a cleaning the SD contacts.
2- The SD's are originals? (What comes standard in 3ds) If not, do a capacity test using H2testw. Make sure the SD has the full capacity as printed.
3- If it did not work yet, check the fuse C2 in the SD connector region. If you have another 3ds (if are in 2Ds, make only the test of fuse), try switching the SD Card Slot connector (as in the image below).

Card-Slot-Socket-SD-Card-Reader-for-Nintendo.jpg
I haven't tested the C2 fuse, but, as I mentioned above, the SD is original and work in my computer and other 3DS.
I have tried cleaning the SD contacts previously (both in the SD card and the reader) without luck.

The two friend os mine are reporting that both 3DS classic and XL "suffer" from this issue, and the one I have here from my first friend is a XL one.

I will test the fuse.

Thanks for the tips, guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just looked it up and yes you can use web cams on PCSX2 to play EyeToy games lol