Hardware 16 GB stick can't be read

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few days ago I put my 16 GB SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo in my PSP and it couldn't be read. The PSP CAN NOT read or format the 16 GB stick. My computers DO at lest detect it although they ask to format and when the program comes out . The top box has "238 MB". Strange.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/formaterror.png/

When trying to format (by use of CMD):
http://imageshack.us...3/sandiskd.png/

I think I bought a damn fake stick. It worked since June to last week. Bought on Amazon. Seller: Straight Trading, Inc. via Amazon Fulfillment

Return or other? If I could at lest get the $ back I could probably buy a stick off newegg . . . .
I should also mention that my 8 GB stick (from Sandisk as well) can be read and I use that for music although I think I bought that from newegg.

qaz00

ORG 0x0
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's fake or has a corrupt/dead first flash block. Did you use more space on it than usual or remove it whilst being written to?

Pretty much all you can do is return it...

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would say it had about 14 - 16 GB of useable space. I used it for PSP & PS1 games:

[PS1]

Castlevania: SOTN
Castlevania: Chronicles
Spyro 1
Spyro: year of the dragon
Spyro (name?)
Rayman 1 & 2
Final Fantasy 7 - 9
Wild Arms 1 & 2
Metal Gear Solid

[PSP]

Dracula X Chonicles
God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta
LittleBig Planet
Killzone: Liberation
Ult: Ghosts n' Goblins
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection

[Mini]

Uno
Tetris
Sega Genesis Collection
Bejeweled 2

And plenty of save. Yet how random to just work till last week than between last Weds to this Weds, just stop. Amazon says it can't be returned (expired July 10th, when it still worked). BULL CRAP

qaz00

ORG 0x0
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dlf said:
It would say it had about 14 - 16 GB of useable space.

You mean you actually used 14GB of it?
If so it probably was real and has failed.

As it was fulfilled by Amazon you shouldn't have too much trouble returning it...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
dlf said:
Amazon won't let me, no option to select reason as to the returning of it. Grah.

If you can check whether it's fake or not you'd probably stand a better chance of pushing Amazon into doing something. No company wants to get caught selling fakes.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speeds seemed normal, size seemed normal. Could have just got a bad copy. I can't really do anything else (that I can think of) with Amazon. Wrote a review of it (gave 1 star), returning it expired July 10th, 63 days ago. The card can not be read by anything. When I installed Linux (Ubuntu) on here even that's partition manager couldn't read it.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xist what would that do? Refund me? send a new stick? . . . . . Different site suggested I get an adapter and use MicroSD cards.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dlf said:
@xist what would that do? Refund me? send a new stick?
Erhm... because it has a warranty. A lifetime warranty actually.
meaning: if it breaks, they send you another one.
All you have to do is contact their tech support team and explain the situation. They will either solve your problem our give you a rma number for an exchange.

BTW
Everything you buy has a warranty, the minimal legal warranty in the US is 3 month, but some manufacturer gives better warranty.

QUOTE(dlf @ Sep 16 2011, 01:13 AM) Different site suggested I get an adapter and use MicroSD cards.
the problem with those is that it's hard to tell whether you buy a good one or not and the performances you get out of them are unpredictable.
They're best for music, comics and other stuff like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime