11.0 or how the 3ds hacking scene died

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious? Of course, you're only thinking about CFW / Piracy.
You obviously have no idea of how much userland homebrew has been created. And not only emulators or small utilities, but at least two full games have been ported over.
Especially given the (albeit most likely temporary) death of CFWs, userland homebrew is going to become much more relevant and honestly i'm excited.

Olida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you serious? Of course, you're only thinking about CFW / Piracy.
You obviously have no idea of how much userland homebrew has been created. And not only emulators or small utilities, but at least two full games have been ported over.

now you're making up things. I have never said im only interested in piracy. I'm just predicting that Nintendo has finally stopped us and that 10.7 will be remembered as the last down-gradable FW

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
now you're making up things. I have never said im only interested in piracy. I'm just predicting that Nintendo has finally stopped us and that 10.7 will be remembered as the last down-gradable FW
Will it though?

Also 11.0 still has homebrew, albeit only userland (still a ton of cool stuff though).

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
And your source is...? Besides, not having a CFW is not the end of the world. Plenty of people have "survived" having only userland access, including me.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have NUMEROUS entry points to 11.x Your belief of the scene being dead is misguided. Downgrading MIGHT be dead (at least for the short term, if someone works out how to break process9 correctly, this will be a non-issue), however the scene itself is FAR from it. The scene has hit numerous brick walls where everyone cried wolf and said the sky was falling. This happens to be simply one more of those times. We now have more of the system's internals documented than we ever had before, so the possibility of someone finding some useful information for cracking 11.x wide open is actually rather good.

Last edited by dubbz82,
Reactions: Olida

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I think it's safe to say nobody will be able to downgrade from 11.o without a hardmod. We had a good run guys. Peace be with you.
I've been meaning to learn how to do micro-soldering work, but don't have to time to learn this, and the funds to acquire the stuff I need to wire everything up...

Plus, there's always a way to fix the software side to do so? (Maybe faking the hardcoded titles somehow?)
Well. There are a shit ton of undocumented arm11 kern exploits. But. The issue that rests is the downgrade checks. but. They can be bypassed with a bit of thought :)

Faolan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel the scene is at it's biggest right now. so many new exploits/homebrew/cfw this past year it's hard to say its going to die soon. Look back to 4.x, 9.2,and then 10.6 with downgrading. I doubt it'll die soon.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: klear

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hang on ima pop in my chronosphere and check out the state of 3ds in 2020.....
SFX HERE..

OK its still hacked and games are fully playable on your air display devices as the onboard hardware can replicate it (oh um i dont think you will know those yet..)

Point is nintendo cant stop all hacks. there will be hackes will into the future. So either get a flash cart hackable 3ds, or gee i dont know buy the damn game. I bet your cell phone bill can buy 2 new 3ds games/month

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If anyone wants to get me those socks for Christmas... lol