00010000-00555044 (.UPD) & 00010000-00555045 (.UPE) What are these

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by PPSainity, Oct 26, 2009.

1. PPSainity
    OP

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    00010000-00555044 (.UPD) & 00010000-00555045 (.UPE) What are these?

I been looking through my Wii's NAND using Anytitle Deleter MODv6, and came across these two Disc Game Title or Saves. I've tried looking through all the Wii Title databases I know of, and Google of course, but nada.

Does anyone know what game these belong to? I find the ASCII titles very peculiar as they both start with ".", and are region E which is the same as my Wii (USA) but also region D (Germany) WTF?

Anyone?

-[]D

2. SnacksHacks

Newcomer SnacksHacks Advanced Member

United States
    Why do you want to know what they mean? You shouldn't just be randomly browsing your Wii's NAND like that too it's dangerous. I don't know what they mean, and I'm gonna guess and say they belong to some kind of update from the disc. WiiBrew.org has a complete list of all the titles in the entire NAND if you want to go there.

~Snacks [​IMG]

3. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    you can delete them, theyre junk

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Just browsing your NAND is hardly dangerous, is it?

5. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    They are IDs for update partitions. I don't think you'll need them, but I haven't ever tried deleting them myself though.

6. PPSainity
    OP

Canada
    • These titles, 00010000-00555044 (.UPD) and 00010000-00555045 (.UPE), were deleted on a softmodded Wii that was safe updated to 4.2 from 3.2 with no ill effects observed so far.
    • I assume they will return whenever a game disc with the update partitions containing them is inserted and ran again.
    That's all I got...

7. beav1s

Newcomer beav1s Advanced Member

United States
    why not leave things in the working state they are rather than risk a brick by deleting things you have no idea what are/do
    'junk files on wii causing problems later on' ive never heard of such a thing, however ive heard many stories of bricks by people randomly deleting shit with anytitledeleter
    gl either way

8. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    They probably take up a few kilobytes at most anyway. Nothing to be gained by wiping them.

9. D34DL1N3R

Member D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Hmmm... I had both of those entries too and have NEVER stuck a retail disc in my Wii whatsoever. Everything has only been played via USB Loader GX with games installed via WBFS Manager.... so the files being from a disc update seems unlikely.

They both showed up in ATD Mod6b for me as .UP-OPIK's update May2009.

On 4.2U, deleted them a few days ago & have had no negative side effects at all.

10. PPSainity
    OP

Canada
    I don't know if scrubbed games will still have the update partition or not, but I have seen these two/three files in actual update partitions of real games discs. It also seems I need to update my ATD's database, last time I did, I still had to manually include the entries for UNEO, JODI, and DISC...

All well, maybe some Wii Code Guru will identify these files and update the title database at WiiBrew.

-[]D