Hacking Wad Manager 1.7 (No sound mod)

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks, good idea to give people a choice, although I still like Waninkoko's music.
wink.gif

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do too
tongue.gif
, especially cIOS installer. I just leave it on for the background music. But I have heard many complaints though.

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't, only reason I made this is from looking at the wad manager thread. Either way, 300+ downloads in 2 days. I personally prefer the cIOS installers music, anyone know what song that it?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is pretty funny. From watching your conversation in #wiidev you only compiled it without sound because you didn't know how to get it working, not because you thought people might like a quiet version.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
This is pretty funny. From watching your conversation in #wiidev you only compiled it without sound because you didn't know how to get it working, not because you thought people might like a quiet version.
rolleyes.gif

Why not just use MMM

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's technically not a mod, just the normal wad manager without music. Everyone can do that because it's open source and really simple to do. I can compile for you wad managers with custom music if you want. You just have to send me your favourite legal music in ogg format.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
It's technically not a mod, just the normal wad manager without music. Everyone can do that because it's open source and really simple to do. I can compile for you wad managers with custom music if you want. You just have to send me your favourite legal music in ogg format.
It's still a mod, it's a modification of the original wad manager 1.7.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
machomuu said:
WiiBricker said:
It's still a mod, it's a modification of the original wad manager 1.7.

No, it's not a modification because it doesnt remove or add functions. Background music is not a function.

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A modification doesn't have to remove or add functions. I understand it is very simple to make, but no-one had made it, so I decided to. (Though I was also prompted by what tueidj mentioned) XP

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
giantpune said:
this is the same mod you get when you press the mute button on your tv

That was exactly my thought
tongue.gif

QUOTEA modification doesn't have to remove or add functions.

Technically it has to. There is for example USB Loader GX with a default background music. By adding a different music it still is USB Loader GX and not USB Loader GX "Custom Song blah blah Mod". The core is the same. Even if you change the background, it still is USB loader GX and not USB Loader GX "Custom Wood Background Mod" or something.

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't have to be a modification of the actual core...(but Idc). Only reason I made this is because I am a beginner to coding, and seeing as people on the Wad Manager thread were getting pissed off about the music. (I assumed they were either too lazy to mute tv/edit source code or hadn't thought of it yet
tongue.gif
), don't hate on me for my fairly lame mod
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi