ExToMoRpH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

A few days ago I walked into a tutorial about installing HBC on System Menu 4.0. The second step was to format the Wii System Memory. After my Wii restarted, preloader menu loaded. If I try to go to the System Menu from preloader, I get the message "Error autobooting systemmenu! Ticket not found!". HBC was also not reachable.

I used BootMii to reïnstall HBC and I tried to install BootMii. It's only possible to access BootMii from HBC and I can't control BootMii. If I try to move with the power-button nothing happens and if I press the reset-button, you can guess, my Wii restarts.

I tried to reinstall the System Menu using AnyRegionChanger v1.1 M5, but after I pressed (A) I get the following error: "Error getting setting! -24578, 2, 2, 1, -24578".

What else can I do to recover my System Menu and what's the reason it's gone ?

My Wii was running on System Menu 3.2E with Starfall hack. No chip.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh!?

What kinda guide tells you to format your Wii?

If you were on 3.2E then you were in the perfect position to just install HBC, install CIOS and upgrade to 4.0.

Mental.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
start wad manager in hbc and use it to reinstall the system menu wad. Be sure to use the correct version
what was the first step? are you on 4.0 now or not?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh... Why on Earth did that tutorial tell you to reformat the system memory? That option should be avoided like the plague for precisely this kind of issue. You see, preloader changes the order of things in your Wii, causing the system menu to be in the range of things that get deleted when you reformat. Go tell that guy to get rid of the formatting step from his guide. It's completely unecessary.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
A. Do you have a gamecube controller?
B. So you installed bootmii as IOS? But you still have the homebrew channel and preloader?

Gamecube controller d-pad will control bootmii. But why would you want it anyway? Unless you already have a NAND backup it's useless.

If you can boot to homebrew channel, just use wadmanager 1.4 to reinstall the system menu.

Here's a system menu 3.2 WAD.

http://wiinewz.com/forums/health-screens/9...-downloads.html

If you read the third post he said he provided it. This will uninstall preloader, mind.

ExToMoRpH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The first step was to backup my Mii people and save games. I'll try to install SM 3.2E and let you know if it worked. Thanks a lot so far.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
WAIWAIWAIT A SEC PLEASE!

If you're not LU64, install bootmii as boot2 first and do a NAND dump. I mean.. you're pretty screwed up right now but at least you have preloader. If that goes wrong you are completely bricked.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ExToMoRpH said:
The first step was to backup my Mii people and save games. I'll try to install SM 3.2E and let you know if it worked. Thanks a lot so far.

ok that sounds solvable.
so your system is still 3.2 right. By formatting the memory, the system menu got erased (because preloader moved it). Preloader itself stayed intact, because the wii assumed that to be the menu. So reinstalling the system menu wad should indeed restore it. You can get that wad by extracting it from the 3.2 rescue disk

Posts merged

QUOTE(Alexrose @ May 19 2009, 04:29 PM) WAIWAIWAIT A SEC PLEASE!

If you're not LU64, install bootmii as boot2 first and do a NAND dump. I mean.. you're pretty screwed up right now but at least you have preloader. If that goes wrong you are completely bricked.

A very good suggestion indeed.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
He didn't specify whether it was possible. For all we know he could've installed as IOS because he wasn't sure which one to use, yet still has a vunerable boot1. Making sure can't hurt.

ExToMoRpH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it save to install 3.2U instead of 3.2E ? I screwed it far enough
wink.gif

I tried to Install BootMii at boot2 but I get the message "The installed boot1 prevents a boot2 install (-2)". It is possible to install BootMii as IOS, but I've done that before and can't control it. (don't have a gamecube controller)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ExToMoRpH said:
Is it save to install 3.2U instead of 3.2E ? I screwed it far enough
wink.gif

I tried to Install BootMii at boot2 but I get the message "The installed boot1 prevents a boot2 install (-2)".

You should definitely NOT do that. Reinstalling the system menu will overwrite preloader. A wrong system menu will brick you and without preloader, you have no way of recovering!
So you really need the 3.2E PAL system menu wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up