Hacking Nintendo DSi flashcard: R4i vs DSTTi

SlashSpeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Since DSi is coming in just 17 days i decided i should get a move on and start digging information about DSi flashcards and where to buy it. I have come to conclusion that my next flashcard will be either R4i(i know, it's not the "real" R4 Team, cause they quit in Apr. 2008) and DSTTi. I found both of them at DealExtreme for 19.80$(R4i) and 15.25$(DSTTi). R4i is currently sold out and as i checked DSTTi isn't as good as R4, at least as far as the interface and support(menu is the same as R4, which is pretty cool). What do you suggest?

And one more question. Does anyone know where can i preorder or orded DSi when it comes out for a nice price and that shipping is worldwide(i'm from Slovenia
unsure.gif
).

Thanks in advance GBAtemp community
gbasp.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Isn't the R4i just an Acekard 2i clone, anyways? At least I think I read that somewhere in the AKAIO thread. And that it won't be supported by AKAIO.

I wouldn't recommend buying cheap clones. That's like asking for problems.

SlashSpeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Awesome. I'm gonna look for that card instead. Just looked some of the videos and the card is slick! The menu is awesome.

Is the card on DealExtreme genuine?

I'm asking cause i don't wanna buy a fake or a rip-off.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you putting your referral link there on purpose? So people can buy stuff and you reap the benefits?
Yes, it's real, but I would definitely wait for early reports on whether or not the US DSi works with the DSi flashcards. Who knows, something might have happened.

SlashSpeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Reap the benefits? I'm a 17 years old boy. No way i have a company like DX
rofl2.gif

But it's true what you said. Maybe it won't work
unsure.gif

SlashSpeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I'm sorry i didn't know that wasn't allowed
unsure.gif
I was just putting the link there so you guys could see the product and tell me if it's fake or not. Not for any other reasons. Sorry, i'll edit previous post right away.

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I'm sure that it is real because quite honestly I have never even heard of a fake AceKard 2i. I don't know what the big deal with fakes are right now, but there aren't any... As far as I'm concerned there are a few "fake" AceKards out there, but if you can't tell from the picture, then you are seriously messed in the head because they tend to call it the R4 Ultra or whatever new R4 cart they decided to name it now.

As for DX, it'll take a long time to ship out, I don't exactly recommend buying a cart from them anymore. It took quite some time to get my AceKard 2 carts and the 2GB MicroSD cards are still a far ways off. I'd suggest paying the extra $2-$3 and get it from somewhere else.
As always, PharaohsVizier hits it right on the dot

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol unless you're super unpatient, then yes, pay that extra $2, but if you're not, you can just save the $2 for a gift from a gachapon or something lol
biggrin.gif

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
i have used both very extensively and i prefer the R4i. The acekard boot up time was kind of slow and i really dont like their menu system. R4i boots surprisingly fast. I also think the acekard is one of things where you either love em or hate em. build quality on the R4i was better than the acekard in my opinion.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
But is R4i update proof? At first, I hate the Acekard but Im now getting used to it. Will buy he Acekard 2i when I have the DSi and if it was update for future proof.

On your question, Might go with R4i as the DSTT crew admited that it's not updatable.

Regards,
Chris

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
clubecgr said:
But is R4i update proof? At first, I hate the Acekard but Im now getting used to it. Will buy he Acekard 2i when I have the DSi and if it was update for future proof.

On your question, Might go with R4i as the DSTT crew admited that it's not updatable.

Regards,
Chris

You hate the Acekard but your thinking of getting an AK2i clone (R4i) seriously what the fuck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi