ROM Hack Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars AR code fix

iNFiNiTY

OP
Trophies
XP
Hey. I just checked out the ARM9 and the actual differences. Heres a code to make the game work without any switching files bullshit:

020FCB3C 22329203

Some games might still need ARM7 swap along with this, but for CycloDS and many others it should work fine.

The game ID is YGXE DEE4AA12

enjoy

Here's a thread about adding cheat files if you are not familar with it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95774

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Do any of you read and understand things. A patch isn't likely to come out, your cart firmware needs updating like games with previous save problems (pokemon and other old ones i forgot). Forget about the 'piracy checks' and recent games, this isn't like that.

Sound familiar?

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
iNFiNiTY said:
Hey. I just checked out the ARM9 and the actual differences. Heres a code to make the game work without any switching files bullshit:

020FCB3C 22329203

Some games might still need ARM7 swap along with this, but for CycloDS and many others it should work fine.

enjoy

Here's a thread about adding cheat files if you are not familar with it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95774
INFINITY YOU ARE GOD!
(YESssssss)

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depravo said:
QUOTE said:
Do any of you read and understand things. A patch isn't likely to come out, your cart firmware needs updating like games with previous save problems (pokemon and other old ones i forgot). Forget about the 'piracy checks' and recent games, this isn't like that.

Sound familiar?
Ahaha, this started off as "It's highly unlikely/more trouble than it's worth"
Somewhere along the line it became "Impossible/never gonna happen."

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Amazing.

Tested. Works perfect on a SC-Rumble SD (Slot-2). So, if it works with that, must be working in all others
biggrin.gif

iNFiNiTY

OP
Trophies
XP
Depravo said:
QUOTE said:

Sound familiar?

Yeah i said it wasn't likely? Unlike previous save problems it had an easier solution, but i couldn't predict that was the case. Its better to tell people that it won't happen and get them to pester cart makers for firmware updates really, cause that is infact their job and making these workarounds for every game isnt as good of a solution.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
code works perfectly on M3Real.. thanks
so does this means that the game has anti privacy protection? then all the current flash carts firmware that included anti privacy fix are useless then...

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iNFiNiTY said:
Depravo said:
QUOTE said:

Sound familiar?

Yeah i said it wasn't likely? Unlike previous save problems it had an easier solution, but i couldn't predict that was the case. Its better to tell people that it won't happen and get them to pester cart makers for firmware updates really, cause that is infact their job and making these workarounds for every game isnt as good of a solution.
I love that way of thinking.

By the way what's the game id?

edit: Forget it.

edit2: How you make it so it automaticly activate, not with a button.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dsrules said:
code works perfectly on M3Real.. thanks
so does this means that the game has anti privacy protection? then all the current flash carts firmware that included anti privacy fix are useless then...
I still don't think it's piracy protection and if it is it's more than likely just fluke.

@anime4ever: You're gonna have to be more specific. What card are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it