ROM Hack Zoids battle coliseum translation

LandEden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys if you carefully read rastans post again, you would know that this is not a patch....

But guys.... nvm i should give you 10 points cause you were able to write a post -.-

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
jeez read the first post carefully. Its been so long... uh the patch- rename the rom before you patch it. (I think)
Now that last mediafire link on this page is one to the last images I have to translate. After them all I have is the script to finish which is part way there. I`m screenshotting the gameplay and organizing from that. I have up to just after the tutorial ready to translate (partially done google style, my previous translator only got to the images. and what you see is what got done). I still need to go back and redo the names (I know I said I`d do that a month or two ago).

If there is any translators in Toronto (Canada) willing to help p.m. me.

jokomopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I renamed it but I get this error "jan22010.xdelta: bad magic number: not a valid delta". Can you please help me.

trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
jeez read the first post carefully. Its been so long... uh the patch- rename the rom before you patch it. (I think)

Now that last mediafire link on this page is one to the last images I have to translate. After them all I have is the script to finish which is part way there. I`m screenshotting the gameplay and organizing from that. I have up to just after the tutorial ready to translate (partially done google style, my previous translator only got to the images. and what you see is what got done). I still need to go back and redo the names (I know I said I`d do that a month or two ago).

If there is any translators in Toronto (Canada) willing to help p.m. me.
Id like to try youre patch but i believe you need some patching instructions .....i did as much as i could and no luck...(not a pro...but patched many games)....help?

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
seems I had it right before - use xdelta ui
Your dump should be named 0709 - Zoids Battle Colosseum (J)(Legacy).nds defore patching.
the output file should be named 0709 - Zoids Battle Colosseum.nds

If you are getting an error message you probably -pretrimmed the rom.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
well now the weapons names can officially be done with. Now for the rest of the images and the names. (americanizing them in line with the official zoids us realease stuff). Such a pain to go through them again. I really wish I had asked him if he was even familiar with zoids.... sigh. At least it won't be that much trouble. Hey do you think you could take a look at the mediafire link to the images that are left?
Help would be appreciated.
Sorry to those with the current patch there are naming errors, which I have been too lazy to get to yet.

(Not an excuse just working on getting pointers down for 7th dragon)

habababa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rastsan said:
well now the weapons names can officially be done with. Now for the rest of the images and the names. (americanizing them in line with the official zoids us realease stuff). Such a pain to go through them again. I really wish I had asked him if he was even familiar with zoids.... sigh. At least it won't be that much trouble. Hey do you think you could take a look at the mediafire link to the images that are left?
Help would be appreciated.
Sorry to those with the current patch there are naming errors, which I have been too lazy to get to yet.

(Not an excuse just working on getting pointers down for 7th dragon)

I'll try to.Can read very basic japanese but not really that familiar with zoids.

I can't find the mediafire link for the images.Do I use the patch then rip the images off the rom?

trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
seems I had it right before - use xdelta ui
Your dump should be named 0709 - Zoids Battle Colosseum (J)(Legacy).nds defore patching.
the output file should be named 0709 - Zoids Battle Colosseum.nds

If you are getting an error message you probably -pretrimmed the rom.

I tried 3 clean roms and named them what you said...output name ...what you said ...still checksum message....seems im not the only one with this issue...can you upload a package with your delta ui....names of files and patch in a readme text file?

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Are you serious? I'm using windows 7, have vista and emulate xp on the vista all 3 do not have a problem. (cause if your doing this to bug me...)
Looking up some things. Interesting the one legacy I just downloaded doesn't work with my patch... (someone once told me there is no such thing as paradise).
but now there is a patch that should hopefully work....
http://www.mediafire.com/?mu5vhzfrryn313a

differences from the one in the first post - none really use legacy and name your target "0709 - Zoids Battle Colosseum.nds" If this still doesn't work p.m. me....

habababa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rastsan said:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bqyzj18fihicn is the link to the folder with the images. hopefully its browseable... thanks for taking a look.

btm_btl_start1.ncgr translates to battle start/commence.

btm_adv06.ncgr
??????????????!
????????????!

I can't make out anything sensible with the first line.
Is this (????) Satsuki?
The second probably means Remember the attack pattern.

btm_btl_end1.ncgr

???? - Dorada?
????????! - Enemy knocked out!

btm_adv03.ncgr

?????????????????

(?????) - striker??or maybe
(???) - taker?It's read as "tekuru".

btm_adv_05.ncgr
??????????????

I really wanted to help but I can't understand most of them.
sad.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
??????????????! (The attack pattern is identical to Satsuki's!)
????????????! (Remember the attack pattern!)

???? (Dorada!)
????????! (The enemy was defeated!)

The others I can't make out without knowing the context of the game. A few of the words look like names, but I can't be sure until I know the characters in the game.

habababa did pretty good, though
happy.gif

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
well thankyou for atleast taking a look.

There's just the one character at the end of a bunch of them that the ocr refuses to recognize. My attempts with various other letters have always mangled the translation - badly. So I tried without the letter and well alot of the stuff you see makes more sense without it. like what phoenix did with btm_adv06.NCGR.BMP. I was hoping I wasn't going crazy and worrying about nothing. So If one of you guys could tell me what that character on the first line of btm_adv06.NCGR.BMP just before the ! is and what it means (and if its necessary...sigh). I quite literally just ignored it for about 25 of the other images just because I couldn't find out what it was and the machine translation agreed with the human one.

Edit : if it is name I have to find a fan to help me get the real americanized names and correct what I've done. (there is no satsuki in the game, that is on thing I know for sure)can't believe I missed a name in there...

habababa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just took a guess that it could be this character む.
But some strings do make sense with that character removed.

I somewhat feel lucky enough I didn't encounter that with my OPGS translation.

Also wanted to ask why does my patched rom boot up with two black screens?
You said there's no need for renaming the source files.
(the first one didn't work so I tried the newer one but still.)

EDIT:Got the game to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...