Zelda-like 'Decay of Logos' coming to Nintendo Switch

In case you have a hard time waiting for the next entry in the Zelda franchise, Rising Star Games might have something for you to make the wait a bit sweeter. The company published a trailer of a game called Decay of Logos that has been in development for some time by Portuguese development studio Amplify Creations. It is described as an action/adventure third-person RPG influenced by European folklore and by J. R. R. Tolkien’s high fantasy. You play a girl that is accompanied by a mystical Elk as her companion, seeking revenge against a King's son who destroyed her village, unveiling secrets during the process and realizing things are not as they seem. The game takes chunks of Zelda and Dark Souls as inspiration and focuses on exploration, combat and resource management. Link would be proud.

The game is set to launch at some point this fall for Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

:arrow: Official website

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would call Breath of the Wild charming? There were a few glimmers but compared to Wind Waker then not even close for me.
It put a smile on my face pretty frequently. Mostly the cutscenes, but there was quite a bit about the environment and worldbuilding that some of the side quests did that got me, too. Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild are charming in two very different ways

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks interesting. Will wait for the review before jumping the gun.
yea same, I'd like to know what is zelda like in the game :)

if it's because you need to find single-usage key in dungeon, and those key can open any doors, well I think ill pass

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yea same, I'd like to know what is zelda like in the game :)

if it's because you need to find single-usage key in dungeon, and those key can open any doors, well I think ill pass
It's probably "Zelda like" in the sense that it would have big open areas (basically BoTW like), and "Dark Souls like" because it'll be hard. Though a lot of people said BoTW was Dark Souls like but I didn't find the game to be very hard.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
lack of real dungeon, and lack of this puzzle-solving
What a "real" dungeon is is subjective, also BotW definitely had puzzles. TBH Zelda puzzles have never been very hard so difficulty is no excuse for discounting them in BotW.

This game looks as much Souls-like with the combat as it does Zelda-like in other areas. I'm definitely in either way.

Last edited by Xzi,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't look three bad I suppose, like a few others have said, it's on my radar rather than in my wishlist.
Not that impressed with the graphics though, reminds me of Rime which I've recently played - well, dabbled with for a bit - it bored the shit out of me... it's a definite wait n see for me then.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well... Doesn't look very pretty, if I'm being honest, but maybe it will have some depth...
Seems many Switch games opt for the minimalist texture/flat feel, and I'm not into it. Game looks good otherwise.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Without getting into flashier lighting effects, this is pretty much what Unity looks like in general.
Unreal engine 4 looks promising, given the Yoshi gameplay trailer and how it looked like you were playing the game on a real cardboard diarama.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So is "Zelda-like" the new generic "Open World" description every other indie dev is gonna use now to try and boost hype in their bad game?

Combat looks ok, but everything else looked kinda meh IMO. I'll probably grab the PC version and try it out though.
I 'member when "Zelda-like" was just "adventure game". You're right, they're using a big title to boost themselves, just like FPS devs were when they used the term "Doom-like" in the 90'ies.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest I'm not that impressed but I can't judge just based off a trailer, this game could turn out to be great. Can't wait to see more after the release

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.