Zelda-like 'Decay of Logos' coming to Nintendo Switch

In case you have a hard time waiting for the next entry in the Zelda franchise, Rising Star Games might have something for you to make the wait a bit sweeter. The company published a trailer of a game called Decay of Logos that has been in development for some time by Portuguese development studio Amplify Creations. It is described as an action/adventure third-person RPG influenced by European folklore and by J. R. R. Tolkien’s high fantasy. You play a girl that is accompanied by a mystical Elk as her companion, seeking revenge against a King's son who destroyed her village, unveiling secrets during the process and realizing things are not as they seem. The game takes chunks of Zelda and Dark Souls as inspiration and focuses on exploration, combat and resource management. Link would be proud.

The game is set to launch at some point this fall for Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

:arrow: Official website

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

In case you have a hard time waiting for the next entry in the Zelda franchise, Rising Star Games might have something for you to make the wait a bit sweeter. The company published a trailer of a game called Decay of Logos that has been in development for some time by Portuguese development studio Amplify Creations. It is described as an action/adventure third-person RPG influenced by European folklore and by J. R. R. Tolkien’s high fantasy. You play a girl that is accompanied by a mystical Elk as her companion, seeking revenge against a King's son who destroyed her village, unveiling secrets during the process and realizing things are not as they seem. The game takes chunks of Zelda and Dark Souls as inspiration and focuses on exploration, combat and resource management. Link would be proud.

The game is set to launch at some point this fall for Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

:arrow: Official website

A ZELDA LIKE GAME
TAKE MY FUCKING WALLET
TAKE IT

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering, why the high enfacis on the switch in the thread's title if it is coming to all platforms?:unsure:
I only checked the trailer, didnt read source or article
Is it said it comes for all plateformes?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nvm, just noticed it

Reactions: lordelan

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never heard of the dev but they appear to mostly be an asset seller before now so that is not so surprising.
The pub though have got some good stuff under their belt, mostly the European stuff for some of the more interesting and niche Japanese games (they have done Rune Factory, Deadly Premonition, bunch of Japanese shmups and a lot more besides) but as such things would often have skipped it before I am not going to knock them.

Some of the shots there looked a bit... empty but I can certainly live with that.

Consider me curious.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is "Zelda-like" the new generic "Open World" description every other indie dev is gonna use now to try and boost hype in their bad game?

Combat looks ok, but everything else looked kinda meh IMO. I'll probably grab the PC version and try it out though.
same, I think I'll "get" it on pc, if you know what I mean :)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Combat looks ok, but everything else looked kinda meh IMO. I'll probably grab the PC version and try it out though.
That's kind of what I was thinking. It looks like they tried to copy the BotW style a little bit, but they made everything angular and removed everything that made BotW charming. This looks about as empty as everyone THOUGHT BotW was going to be initially

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The graphics look a lot worse than BotW. But it could still be a fun game.
I'll wait for some proper gameplay before deciding if this is a game I want to buy or not.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well to be honest if you can call this a Zelda type game then you can start calling every open world hack and slash adventure game a Zelda game. Don't get why everybody always feels the need to compare it to Zelda. Plus you're saying it takes inspiration from Zelda ? I don't see the dev saying that anywhere ?

Last edited by kumikochan,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well to be honest if you can call this a Zelda type game then you can start calling every open world hack and slash adventure game a Zelda game. Don't get why everybody always feels the need to compare it to Zelda.
actually, IMO, breath of the wild isn't a zelda game
lack of real dungeon, and lack of this puzzle-solving made it a non-zelda game, IMO

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well to be honest if you can call this a Zelda type game then you can start calling every open world hack and slash adventure game a Zelda game. Don't get why everybody always feels the need to compare it to Zelda. Plus you're saying it takes inspiration from Zelda ? I don't see the dev saying that anywhere ?
Which is weird because Zelda wasn't even the one that started the trend..

Reactions: kumikochan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.