Zelda 4 Swords

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by xTimmy, Jan 22, 2009.

1. xTimmy
    OP

xTimmy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2009
    United States
    A Confidential Establishment
    Does anyone know if there is a patch to allow you to play the 4 swords quest single player? I don't know if this game can be played using link cables on the DS, cause theres no way for it to fit, but... alas i cant play the 4 swords part without linking, and having more ppl, etc... but yea... a Romhack or the like? anyone know of any? and ive tried googling it but cant find anything... [​IMG]

2. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Not really seeing its a multiplayer game which requires people to move more than one Link at the same time.

3. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Not that I know of. I'm pretty sure the 4 swords mode is incompatible with DS.

4. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I was always a bit sad that it didn't have a single player mode where you could have the computer take control of the other characters.

5. Evilmaster1985

Evilmaster1985 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    Middle of nowhere
    Yeh I would really like to play this game.
    Havent owned a real GBA ever [​IMG]
    So having no option to play multiplayer games really sucks.
    But I guess thats how it will be impossible to change.
    And if to much time.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

6. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Technically, you could boot it up in No$gba since it includes an option to boot several linked games at once in separate windows.

7. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Anyone have a save file with 4 swords completed?

8. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    I have a save file dumped from my LttP cart that has the LttP game completed and the 4 Swords temple unlocked (and beaten, though I believe it's repeatable). Unfortunately, my friend and I did not play enough, and so I only have 7 of the 10 required tokens needed to get the awesome spin-slash hurricane attack in LttP mode. I can still post it if anyone is interested however.

EDIT: Just played through a bit of a temple, turns out that the boss fights are not repeatable. =/

9. JPdensetsu

JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    Taiwan
    Taipei
    i thought Thug4life has made a save file of 4 swords that allows you to enter the temple of the 4 swords. But I dunno if it works.

10. c2ironfist

c2ironfist GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2007
    Canada
    there is a version for the gamecube

which is pretty much 4 swords with done up graphics

There is also a mode where you play vs each other its really cool. It's too bad you needed GBA adapter to play multi player.

11. xTimmy
    OP

xTimmy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2009
    United States
    A Confidential Establishment
    yea, what i was thinking would be a romhack to *trick* the game into thinking you were linked up to other ppl, but... idk if that would be possible... or allowing you to swap between 4 links like the gamecube version (i played it before) o welli guess ill go out and buy a couple of GBAs to play it lol

12. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Just buy a GBA or two they're like less than £15 now.