Emulation Hardware GBA GCN Four Swords Adventures Multiplayer Patch/Rom Hack/Cheat

BooleanGemini

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly just throwing a prayer out there but I'm requesting any patch/piece of software/cheat in order to be able to play Four Swords Adventures Multiplayer on Wii U VC/Nintendon't. I have 4 GC controllers and 2 GBAs with link cables but those don't work in the adapters.

Last edited by BooleanGemini,

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm honestly just throwing a prayer out there but I'm requesting any patch/piece of software/cheat in order to be able to play Four Swords Adventures Multiplayer on Wii U VC/Nintendon't. I have 4 GC controllers and 2 GBAs with link cables but those don't work in the adapters.
You'd need hardware capable of linking with a GBA or four over USB. I'm no engineer, so don't ask me. (I know the GBA itself can emulate a Gamecube controller, but that's the exact opposite of what's needed here)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that a simple patch that would let every player use a standard controller instead of GBAs is that even if you could get that to work, you'd have to really edit the game in some extensive way because in multiplayer when each player enters a house or cave, they get a private view of where they are on their GBA's screen. In single player mode without a GBA, this screen pops up on top of the main screen. So the game would have to be altered where each player gets that same intrusive screen pop up over the main screen, and to make that screen smaller and in one distinct corner of the main screen so that if multiple people enter buildings at the same time, their subscreen doesn't cover other players' subscreens.

While I do believe a patch could feasibly be made to allow for each player to use a standard controller instead of a GBA, I'm not sure at all if it could ever be done to reasonably give each player a subscreen in a different quadrant of the main screen. Maybe if the game was decomped or something like that could such massive changes be programed into the game. But as things stand right now I wouldn't hold your breath on such an overhaul to the game.

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard there was a gamecube adapter for the wii u but the gba link cable most likely won't work gba is definitely possible to emulate but we would need something similar to dolphins gba integration for nintendont but it would struggle even on vwii overclocked
Post automatically merged:

but maybe (extremely far fetched) people could emulate the gba with 3ds and connect it to the wii u (like how it was done in super smash bros 4 with 3ds as a controller on wii u)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1