YSMenu 2008/05/20 02:55

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Bri, May 20, 2008.

May 20, 2008

YSMenu 2008/05/20 02:55 by Bri at 4:46 AM (1,649 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Bri
    OP

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There is a new version of YSMenu:

For those who don't know, YSMenu is a homebrew menu for the DSTT and Acekard 2 by Yasu. Yasu doesn’t want anyone to link to any pages other than his home page. Yasu’s home page is http://home.usay.jp/. It's mostly in Japanese, but to get YSMenu, follow these directions:[*]Click the "ETC" button in the main menu near the top beneath the title.[*]Select "Nintendo DS" (second item) from the table.[*]Search for "DS(T_T)DS" (CTRL-F) or just scroll about 2/3 of the way down until you see the heading in blue.[*]There is a scrollable text area beneath that heading. Select the first item in the scollable list (currently "2008/05/20 02:55") to download the latest version.
    -Bri

2. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    ooo
    thanks, see if the soft reset bug is the one with the rumble/GBA

3. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

God, I wish it detects .nds.sav so I can dual boot it with my AK2 menu. :|

4. Bri
    OP

United States
    Great idea, Kellicros!

I've asked Yasu if it would be possible to make an option that would allow YSMenu to use "filename.nds.sav" for save files so that YSMenu could be used alongside the AK2 official or Bliss menus.

-Bri

5. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    A better option would be to ask the acekard team to switch to the more standard naming scheme.

6. Bri
    OP

United States
    Also a good idea. I'd be surprised if nobody has suggested it. Isn't there someone who frequents GBATemp that is a member of the Acekard team?

I'm guessing that it would be easier to get Yasu to add the option than to get Acekard to change theirs (they'd probably have to make it backward compatible which might be a pain).

-Bri

7. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I talked to Normmatt about it a little while ago, and he said he would bring it up.

8. Bri
    OP

United States
    Thanks Urza. I don't know why they chose that naming scheme to begin with. I take that back, I do know why -- it's easier to program than removing the current extension. I can perhaps think of another reason to leave the ".nds" in the save filename -- if the cart can potentially store GBA save files (or other types) it could create a conflict between save files if an NDS and GBA both happened to have the same filename (other than the extension).

Meanwhile, I heard back from Yasu who says that he has gotten the same request from other people and he will try to make it possible to change the extension via the .ini file in an upcoming version.

I imagine that Bliss could also resolve the problem in a similar way in his menu by having a setting to change the extension of the save files.

-Bri

9. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    The soft reset bug is the one where it wouldn't detect any slot 2 after a reset i think [​IMG]