Country
Did I do something wrong with the KMP?
oAnN1rA.png

_Pro_Man_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also are checkpoints allowed to overlap?
That's one thing that I always have trouble with, making the KMPs. Just looking at the picture of the KMP, it doesn't look right.
upload_2015-12-23_9-19-4.png
That part seems to be messed up. Again, I am not the person to talk for making KMPs, none of my seem to ever work. Maybe someone else can help you.

_Pro_Man_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's complete, I've got everything in tact. Hell, it's been complete for a couple weeks. The reason it's not released is the above reason.
Who is the creator of the KMP expander? Is there any way that we can find out if they are still working on the project? I really want to be able to create KMPs so I can actually race on my custom tracks. How have other people been able to create custom tracks with working KMPs? Are they using a different version or is it just luck?

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who is the creator of the KMP expander? Is there any way that we can find out if they are still working on the project? I really want to be able to create KMPs so I can actually race on my custom tracks. How have other people been able to create custom tracks with working KMPs? Are they using a different version or is it just luck?
Not sure, i know for a fact that ive never made a successful one, and by looking at this thread, most people are having trouble.

TheZoroark007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The creator is named @Haruhi Ermiiworth and yes, the programm is still being developed

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
@TheToxicRyu and everyone else who's having trouble making KMPs - There's something wrong with KMP expander and it's pissing me off. I try the normal KMP and game loads perfectly. Then, I move a SINGLE POINT to like a milimeter away from its original location in the item routes. So I don't recommend using kmp expander until this issue is fixed. All of my CTs have been delayed for weeks due to this issue. And I've spent probably 12 hours total making KMPs, with no success.
But then how does it work for other people then?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think you ate making the things incorrectly, there are a lot of rules to follow, and kmp expander is not the reason of crashing. I would make a tutorial, but kmp expander isn't working on my PC for some reason...

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are making the things incorrectly, there are a lot of rules to follow, and kmp expander is not the reason of crashing. I would make a tutorial, but kmp expander isn't working on my PC for some reason...
I think you or someone should make an official list of "deadly sins" that you should avoid doing when modifying kmp files.

Edit: And also have it as a sticky on the dshack mk7 help forum website.

Last edited by CuriousTommy,

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you or someone should make an official list of "deadly sins" that you should avoid doing when modifying kmp files.

Edit: And also have it as a sticky on the dshack mk7 help forum website.
1. make sure item and cpu routes are inside checkpoints
2. dont put red and green checkpoints too close togethor
3. make sure there is a previous value for each section (NOT -1)
4. start + length = next sections start value

Last edited by DarkFlare69,

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
5. dont add or remove any cpu or item routes
6. dont add or remove any checkpoints
7. make sure KMP file is exactly the same size as the old one. It can be like 8 bytes different due to negative signs and stuff.
8. dont overlap checkpoints

Sins I broke are in RED

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. don't put red and green checkpoints too close together
5. don't add or remove any cpu or item routes
6. don't add or remove any checkpoints
7. make sure KMP file is exactly the same size as the old one. It can be like 8 bytes different due to negative signs and stuff.
8. don't overlap checkpoints

I actually did the fifth one, but nothing bad happened; however, I did do the sixth one and that is probably why I am dealing with a lap breaking bug.

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me with my Custom Track. I am having this really weird kmp issue where the lap does not count. I am not sure what I am doing wrong... Other than that, I have made very good progress on my custom track. I also added photos in case if people were curious as to how my custom track currently looks likes.
scr_28_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_29_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_30_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_31_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_32_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_33_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_34_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_35_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_40_TOP_LEFT.png

Attachments

• Gctr_RainbowRoad.szs.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 120

TheZoroark007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
5. dont add or remove any cpu or item routes
6. dont add or remove any checkpoints
8. dont overlap checkpoints
Number 5 6 and 7 are not true. I do that everytime and as you see, all my Ct's work !

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Did I do something wrong with the KMP?
Are you sure all your Enemy Points and Item Points are placed inside the Checkpoints?
Quite funny nobody mentioned it here, while it has been a well known fact, long before KMP Expander has been a thing...

Oh, and I wonder why almost everyone is still taking @DarkFlare69 seriously, despite the fact I publicly kindly asked him to stop spreading his propaganda about MK7 multiple times before.
I mean, I've been doing MK7 Hacking from the very first minute it was possible (September 2014), so there's no way he could convince me about what he says.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.