ROM Hack Your custom Mario Kart 7 tracks

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
@CuriousTommy Oh, a Surface 3, it has an Atom Processor, so you can't expect it to be an Ace at Modelling, to begin with.
@DarkFlare69 You need to actually select a Material first, and after that, you can turn it off. Otherwise, you can just drag and select all of them, and uncheck Fragment Lightning, then they will all have it turned off.

Last edited by YamiHoshi.nl,
Reactions: DarkFlare69

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
@DarkFlare69 That's correct, that's how I make Models for my CTs.

And lol, Photoshop theft...
I've got the whole Adobe Creative Cloud Package, back in the time I was still a Student.
However, after one year, $ 12 USD a year a Student would pay, has been transformed into $ 39 USD a month. *POM POM POOOM*

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DarkFlare69 That's correct, that's how I make Models for my CTs.

And lol, Photoshop theft...
I've got the whole Adobe Creative Cloud Package, back in the time I was still a Student.
However, after one year, $ 12 USD a year a Student would pay, has been transformed into $ 39 USD a month. *POM POM POOOM*
I dont think anyone actually pays for their shit.. $800 for sketchup pro? No thanks. $240 for photoshop for a year? No thanks.

I am at my grandpa and grammas house at the moment, but I remember seeing the texture names twice... i dont remember exactly but i think there was some indented under the model and some below it. Which one do i click to compress? And can i select all and then do the compress?

Reactions: akira123

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
I dont think anyone actually pays for their shit.
I pay for Apps and Games, actually.
For Visual Studio and Maya, I have a Student License, so I don't need to pay for those.
But other than that, I prefer to have everything either legit, or Open-Source.

I mean, stealing Software feels like stealing an iPad from an Apple Store.
Which means, it feels wrong.

Which one do i click to compress? And can i select all and then do the compress?
Save As..., select "NW4C TGA", and from the next dialogue, choose ETC1.
You'll need to have the NW4C Photoshop Plugin already Installed, though.

Reactions: kiwiis

Toad Stool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried my hand at creating a bottom screen map
nUtxEbG.png
Needs some improvement in quality. I also need to edit the UIMapPos.

Toad Stool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, how do you edit the UIMapPos?

Don't think there are any tools yet so I'll use a hex editor. It only consists of 2 lines (well a tiny bit over 2), one for each map (big and small) with 6 values that differ. I'd play around with those values and see what I can get out of it.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

akira123

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't think there are any tools yet so I'll use a hex editor. It only consists of 2 lines (well a tiny bit over 2), one for each map (big and small) with 6 values that differ. I'd play around with those values and see what I can get out of it.
There's a pretty simple way actually. Open the tracks map you want to edit in Every File Explorer, right click and extract it as a bclim. Then open up the original version of Ohana 3DS, click texture, open the bclim file and you should be able to view, export and import map images as png.

Toad Stool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a pretty simple way actually. Open the tracks map you want to edit in Every File Explorer, right click and extract it as a bclim. Then open up the original version of Ohana 3DS, click texture, open the bclim file and you should be able to view, export and import map images as png.

Oh no, I wasn't talking about editing the map image (which you actually don't even need Ohana for)
  1. File > New From File > Nintendo 3DS Plugin > CTR Layout Images (CLIM) > your.png > Save
  2. Open course.szs > Replace Course_map.bclim/Course_map2.bclim > Save (Maps 1 and 2 must be 256 x 256 and 1024 x 1024 respectively.)

I was talking about the UIMapPos (tells the game where to put the icons on the map).

Last edited by Toad Stool,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I had to edit UIMappos to make N64RR map. It consists on 8 float points values, 4 for map, and 4 for minimap, each map has 2 points with (X and Z values), which are the corners of the image. To made the N64RR map I used a transparent image program to put the map over kmp expander and calculate the X and Z values of each corner using objects. I can't remember which value is X and Z, I have it somewhere else in my PC, but I can't use it for some days...

Reactions: Toad Stool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...