You get what you pay for

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok first off I wasn't talking about everything under the sun and I was talking gamers and in most cases young teen gamers.

I like to go shopping mainly because to me it's like hunting, a sort of challenge. I have 42 multi tools (I clearly like multi tools) and I have always bought them on sale for half off. It's only permissible to get them if they are on sale. Not that I can't afford full price, I just use it as an amusement.

I buy most of my groceries on sale and as a result I eat a lot more food that is often pretty good food simply because I stretch the dollar farther.
That all makes sense.

But we are talking flash carts here. And we are talking about people that cry over the last penny and then when they have found the cheapest item they often complain about it being fake or some such hassle.

Now myself, I would not need my buddies help, simply because I could always do what he does.
Thing is, what he does, as someone mentioned, might some day come back to bite him in the ass.

I have always lived by the policy, I download for me only. I sell nothing that isn't legit.

But he does also buy n sell legit items rather well. Thing is, he seems to have a hard time resisting easy money. And most of the people he sells to are parents that are all ears when he tells them that he can for 40 bucks see to it little Johnny won't need to bug them for any more games
smile.gif
Oh they are all ears for that sort of talk
smile.gif

Not everyone is as savvy about downloading. My wife is as clued out as a brick hehe.

Sure you can call a guy a cretin for charging for something that is an 'iilegal' download. Its not like you object to it being illegal, you just object to him profiting from something that you might have done yourself. Thing is, not everyone knows how though. If I asked you, how long would it take you to get a complete file set of every Nintendo DS rom made to date, how long would it take you? I could have it down in a couple of hours myself. It's a no brainer, they are right there on the newsgroup.

The question becomes, what's it worth to ya eh. Go the effort to find a reliable flashcart source, get the micro sd card, load up the right files, find all the game files. What is your time worth?
Now of course, a kid might not think the same about 40 bucks as I would. 40 bucks is just me taking the wife to lunch and ordering a beer with it.

But when you consider what that flash cart represents eh. Currently a few THOUSAND Nintendo DS games for free, so even a kids puny cash flow is still going to get good worth out of even a deluxe no effort flash cart deal.

But hey, a person CAN always just do all the work if they insist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here