Hacking Yifanlu releases 3ds cfw Cosmo3DS

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Isn't a SecureInfo file unique for each 3DS? If I download a foreign SecureInfo and use it, wouldn't that interfere with the 3DS the SecureInfo file was dumped from?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't a SecureInfo file unique for each 3DS? If I download a foreign SecureInfo and use it, wouldn't that interfere with the 3DS the SecureInfo file was dumped from?
yeah secureinfo should be treated like a private header use your own and don't share.
if everyone is suddenly connecting to the eshop with the same file nintendo would probably do something about it.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yeah secureinfo should be treated like a private header use your own and don't share.
if everyone is suddenly connecting to the eshop with the same file nintendo would probably do something about it.
Which means that basically changing eshop region is pointless unless you own an out-of-region 3DS that you don't want to use anymore. So that would mean I need to buy a japanese and american 3DS to have access to all eshops on my main EUR 3DS. That's kind of a bummer :/

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

LunaLogic

Gimme DLDI please.
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Cosmo3ds is great indeed, but according to her blog, 3ds_injector seems more attractive. It seems that to 3ds_injector, cosmo3ds is only "a release of different branches" (I'm not reffering to github's "branch"). So maybe one day cosmo3ds, or other branches, can modify the whole FIRM, or become a Homebrew FIRM?

Splendid attempt.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enough with the misconceptions about SecureInfo. I feel I have to correct this every time

SecureInfo_A contains only the serial and region information. However serials are NOT used to identify your 3DS to Nintendo! The CtCert is what's used and that's found in your ARM9 OTP and is much harder to dump/spoof. Having bad serials/used serials/used serials online has no effect on eshop access. BUT if you have an NNID linked, the serial is checked to see if it matches the serial attached to your NNID. This is why I need the spoofing. I am using a SecureInfo (valid, signed) from an American 3ds but that contains the American serial. I transferred my NNID to my Japanese console (Nintendo support told me they didn't know it was possible lol) so I have to spoof my Japanese serial to get online.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if using a public secureinfo_A from a Japanese console with this would allow me to download Japanese game updates from the home menu (not inside eShop). It probably would not be safe but I wonder if it would work.

Edit, from what @yifan_lu mentioned if I read it correctly, this may not work as my NNID is tied to a North American Console and spoofing a Japanese console with serial will not match my NNID and not work.

Last edited by driverdis,

koziakauzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Enough with the misconceptions about SecureInfo. I feel I have to correct this every time

SecureInfo_A contains only the serial and region information. However serials are NOT used to identify your 3DS to Nintendo! The CtCert is what's used and that's found in your ARM9 OTP and is much harder to dump/spoof. Having bad serials/used serials/used serials online has no effect on eshop access. BUT if you have an NNID linked, the serial is checked to see if it matches the serial attached to your NNID. This is why I need the spoofing. I am using a SecureInfo (valid, signed) from an American 3ds but that contains the American serial. I transferred my NNID to my Japanese console (Nintendo support told me they didn't know it was possible lol) so I have to spoof my Japanese serial to get online.

What are then the steps to do a system transfer between 2 different region? I'm desperately waiting for this day since I got my Eur N3DS.
Is a region swap needed first?
For the SecureInfo, I only have access to the one from the 3DS to transfer from..or a "public" one.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wai, so this cfw does not patch signature checks?
Nope, from what I can tell @yifan_lu (in my opinion) is on the side of,

She would rather buy games twice to get them digitally or to carry all them (or select games) around like the Gameboy and original DS days rather then to patch signatures, back carts up, then install them as CIAs

this is how I see it as releasing the source defeats the purpose of not patching signature checks other than to inconvenience yourself as others will use this with CFWs with signature patching while CosmoCFW will continue to have to way to backup and play legit carts as digital games.

Last edited by driverdis,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
What are then the steps to do a system transfer between 2 different region? I'm desperately waiting for this day since I got my Eur N3DS.
Is a region swap needed first?
For the SecureInfo, I only have access to the one from the 3DS to transfer from..or a "public" one.
desperately waiting?
we have been able to region change for more than a year, i think i did the poc last january.
there are noob guides out, i don't really understand what the problem is...

bunny_gg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So does this one has some irreplaceable advantages, compared with other loaders and CFW? or these features will be added to existed CFW in a few weeks? I have seen reinan has Region-free feature, which should be from same exploit source.

koziakauzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
desperately waiting?
we have been able to region change for more than a year, i think i did the poc last january.
there are noob guides out, i don't really understand what the problem is...

I did follow one of the guides and successfully region-swapped my emunand from EUR to US on my N3DS last year and again recently.
But it is still useless to me since I can't transfer my US O3DS system (NNID) to it as I don't have a virgin SecureInfo.

I'm hoping that this cosmo thing would allow this. However, it is possible that I have misread some of the guides or the poc discussions and that this can be done already...

(It would be great to have organized threads, stickies and updated first posts though, it's hard to keep track of anything without checking the forum every 2 hours for noobs, like me.)

LunaLogic

Gimme DLDI please.
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So does this one has some irreplaceable advantages, compared with other loaders and CFW? or these features will be added to existed CFW in a few weeks? I have seen reinan has Region-free feature, which should be from same exploit source.
Region-free is different from region-change. The former allows you to run games with different region, the latter changes your console's region (and allows you to enter other region's eshop and more).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I used apollo save tool to activate my ps3 offline so i could play a game that...