Hacking Yifanlu releases 3ds cfw Cosmo3DS

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean, technically you would change region by placing a different SecureInfo_A, it would just refuse to boot since there are no titles of that region to work with.
That, alongside "serial change", would lead me to believe that it's just injecting SecureInfo at CFW boot time.

Though like I said, I'm not able to test this. If anyone can prove otherwise I'd love to hear it.
Well I did this but my 2DS boots just fine with US region still as my region, using a jpn secure info though :/ eshop threw out an error but rebooted itself into US eshop :/

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have your region changed directly on the NAND?, If that's the case, you shouldn't have problem right now accesing the eShop, as this already patches the region lock even on eShop.

Not yet, im still using emunand. So is it safe to inject it to my sysnand using plailects guide?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I did this but my 2DS boots just fine with US region still as my region, using a jpn secure info though :/ eshop threw out an error but rebooted itself into US eshop :/
Not yet, im still using emunand. So is it safe to inject it to my sysnand using plailects guide?

You need to make sure that you NNID is tied to the same region, because that causes an error.

An easy solution is to create another NNID or something like that, haven't tested myself atm, should test when I get home.

But acording to Yifan and her writeups, the only needed thing is an out of region SecureInfo, because her CL already does the rest of the job.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to make sure that you NNID is tied to the same region, because that causes an error.

An easy solution is to create another NNID or something like that, haven't tested myself atm, should test when I get home.

But acording to Yifan and her writeups, the only needed thing is an out of region SecureInfo, because her CL already does the rest of the job.

So for example, I have my JPN N3DS region changed to US, I just need to make sure that my NNID that im using on emunand is US? Then I can inject my emunand to sysnand safely? Just fyi, I used the same consoles secureInfo_A, i only hex edit it to changed to US.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So for example, I have my JPN N3DS region changed to US, I just need to make sure that my NNID that im using on emunand is US? Then I can inject my emunand to sysnand safely? Just fyi, I used the same consoles secureInfo_A, i only hex edit it to changed to US.

Yeah, you need to have an USA created NNID to access USA eShop, is the only rock on the road atm. You can inject, I HIGHLY recomend to ahve A9LH installed before anything, because you already changed some NAND stuff (your hex edit) and only test will tell if that can be bypased by current CFW's (thorycally them should).

You should use another secureinfo in order to avoid any kind of error, just put it in the root of your SD card, is temporally as stated before, so go ahead and test.

Last edited by DSoryu,

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here's the results of my experimentation

Started out with a 10.7(U) O3DS Emunand
TinyFormatted it twice (connected to eshop both times)
Installed 10.7 JP CIAs via BBM
Rebooted again in latest ReiNand (it's in Japanese now)
Reformatted via system settings
Injected virgin SecureInfo_A file into emunand via Decrypt9
go into eshop, throws an error :(
Reformatted (AGAIN) via TinyFormat, still throws an error

So, what am I doing wrong here?

Last edited by ultramario1998,

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do you people have to turn everything into a debate on piracy? I honestly don't care what you do (just like I said in the post). If you use ReiNAND with my loader, you can have your sigpatches. I provided my CFW as a CHOICE for people who don't want to do sig-patches. "releasing the source defeats the purpose of not patching signature checks" First of all, I forked ReiNAND, so in the spirit of open source, I have to release the source. Secondly, you think I'm so stupid that I'm unaware of this? Think it through genius!

Finally someone who stops with the bullsh**

Thank you =)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Last I checked, the signature was only ever relevant if you were doing a SysNAND region swap (this was ages before A9LH, so SysNAND implied not CFW).
only 'recently' cfws have patched the extra check for that, there are more than just 1 security check on the 3ds, gw doesn't patch many of them, we can't install decrypted cias, or something like that.
i think it was reinand that had this patch first, i remember reading rei thinking it was maybe a bad idea to let us use non legit secureinfo files.
but yeah it seems we can do it now.

BooBooBear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using aureinand 4.0.1 on my japanese region changed n3ds, and eshop is still giving me error 007-2001. What should I do?

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 here on the same boat... Are there any specific steps on how to get into the eshop after emunand region change on n3ds?

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're signed into an NNID that belongs to that region too.
Yep, I created a US NNID, on my woking USA Emunand, (Originally a JAP N3DS) - I booted into reinand 3.6b, which is one that said to of had the cosmo3ds thing, right? Or am I lost here

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I created a US NNID, on my woking USA Emunand, (Originally a JAP N3DS) - I booted into reinand 3.6b, which is one that said to of had the cosmo3ds thing, right? Or am I lost here
Everything above ReiNAND 3.5 has it. AuReiNAND (4.0 or higher) supports it too.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@yifan_lu in your write up you mention being able to make a "homebrew button". What exactly does this imply? Booting smeas homebrew launcher? Or something completely diffrent? I mean if it's not anything better than the homebrewlauncher.cia then maybe it's not worthwhile but I was curious exactly what it meant

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@yifan_lu in your write up you mention being able to make a "homebrew button". What exactly does this imply? Booting smeas homebrew launcher? Or something completely diffrent? I mean if it's not anything better than the homebrewlauncher.cia then maybe it's not worthwhile but I was curious exactly what it meant
Like the notifications, friends, web browser, etc button on the screen. Not a physical one. Imagine replacing the default themes button with a custom theme manager.

Last edited by GBAFail,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's why I don't want my name all over the place people get things twisted over the smallest...