Not open for further replies.

meepage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YayMii said:
meepage said:
So yaymii, or anyone really. Sorry to sound so noob but ive got a bit lost following this thread. Are these current fixes you are working on, mainly referencing your last post about fixing different lines for SS or HG and also, where would i download your latest fixes to work with m3i Zero? Again sorry for being such a noob, im not normally but it is 00:32 here and im watching never mind the buzzcocks which is also really distracting me
tongue.gif
I'm still working on the M3 fix. Try the "M3" patch file that is included (which is only a partial fix).

I tryed the m3 patch but it always freezes when i try to use the pokegear or if it rings

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
meepage said:
I tryed the m3 patch but it always freezes when i try to use the pokegear or if it rings

You need to replace the ARM7 file, or at least, I had to.
And then try the AP patch on the ROM with the fixed ARM7. That's what got it working on mine
smile.gif

Oh, and check you're on the latest firmware
biggrin.gif

meepage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fluganox said:
meepage said:

You need to replace the ARM7 file, or at least, I had to.
And then try the AP patch on the ROM with the fixed ARM7. That's what got it working on mine
smile.gif

Oh, and check you're on the latest firmware
biggrin.gif

Im defo on the latest firmware, ive been trying to work out how to do this ARM7 thing but i just cant seem to make head or tail of it, ive tried lookin on here and google searching but i just keep finding referances to ARM7 being mentioned in threads on the R4 forum.

Where do i get a ARM7 patch

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
frown.gif
The M3 version is supposed to have the ARM7 patch built in, but I guess I screwed up.

Fluganox, can you upload your ARM7 file for me (preferably in a ZIP file)? Because I can't seem to get my ARM7 file working properly.

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe it was just a glitch Yaymii?
biggrin.gif

And I just got mine from this thread, under "For fixing the Pokégear with an M3": Fix for M3
And here's a link to 'dslazy', the program you need to replace the ARM7 File, the download button is near the bottom: Click Here.

I'll paste the link to the ARM7 file here too, and the instructions it says on the thread:

Shinryuji said:
--- For fixing the Pokégear with an M3 ---
Link to ARM7 file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4R3HYO4U

After downloading the file you should unpack the rom with dslazy, copy and paste the ARM 7 file provided into the unpacked ROM, and then repack it.

Or in more precise terms... {As posted by summer02}

1. Patch the clean soul silver ROM with . The reason I did this was because if I swapped the arm7 files first, it is no longer clean and the patch file would only end up at 0 bytes.
2. Open dslazy and unpack the now patched soul silver ROM
3. Then copy the arm7 file that's located in the download provided. (As soon as you open the folder, you see the dslazy folder and the arm7 file. Copy that one)
4. Go into the NDS_UNPACK folder that appeared once you unpack the patched soul silver ROM and overwrite (paste) the arm7 file with the previously copied one in step 3.
5. Repack the ROM and overwrite the original patched file. (It's up to you if you want to do this step, it doesn't affect much, but could cause less mixups)
6. Put it on your M3 real and test it.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't use instructions, I use thenewpoketext to put the ARM7 file in (it uses ndstool also).
And I used that exact ARM7 file
unsure.gif

...I'll try re-downloading it then.

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for asking, but is their a way someone can put a link to a pre patched soul sliver rom with the best patch please! my computer wont open the programs to patch it so, if anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thxs

Suenc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i there, uhm YayMii, uhm i want to make an portuguese translation of the game, so i wantedf to know wich tools you use?? u can mail me or send a pm if u want

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B3astinSnipes said:
Sorry for asking, but is their a way someone can put a link to a pre patched soul sliver rom with the best patch please! my computer wont open the programs to patch it so, if anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thxs

asking for roms is a big no no!!

meepage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fluganox said:
Maybe it was just a glitch Yaymii?
biggrin.gif

And I just got mine from this thread, under "For fixing the Pokégear with an M3": Fix for M3
And here's a link to 'dslazy', the program you need to replace the ARM7 File, the download button is near the bottom: Click Here.

I'll paste the link to the ARM7 file here too, and the instructions it says on the thread:

Shinryuji said:
--- For fixing the Pokégear with an M3 ---
Link to ARM7 file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4R3HYO4U

After downloading the file you should unpack the rom with dslazy, copy and paste the ARM 7 file provided into the unpacked ROM, and then repack it.

Or in more precise terms... {As posted by summer02}

1. Patch the clean soul silver ROM with . The reason I did this was because if I swapped the arm7 files first, it is no longer clean and the patch file would only end up at 0 bytes.
2. Open dslazy and unpack the now patched soul silver ROM
3. Then copy the arm7 file that's located in the download provided. (As soon as you open the folder, you see the dslazy folder and the arm7 file. Copy that one)
4. Go into the NDS_UNPACK folder that appeared once you unpack the patched soul silver ROM and overwrite (paste) the arm7 file with the previously copied one in step 3.
5. Repack the ROM and overwrite the original patched file. (It's up to you if you want to do this step, it doesn't affect much, but could cause less mixups)
6. Put it on your M3 real and test it.

Cheers, ill give this a go when i get back home in a bit and see if i can get it to work
smile.gif

idono1301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt this the same thing that i posted a few pages back?

but no one believed me when i said that the current patch didnt work..
i posted a patch that worked also..
laugh.gif

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
idono1301 said:
isnt this the same thing that i posted a few pages back?

but no one believed me when i said that the current patch didnt work..
i posted a patch that worked also..
laugh.gif
Basically, it is XD

meepage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YayMii said:
I think I fixed it. I've uploaded a testing version for people with M3s to try.
Click here to download it.

Just switching from OSX to Win7 so i can run the patcher and try this one out, will i finally be able to get past the Pokegear black screen??
biggrin.gif
!!!

EDIT: Sorry to say Yaymii but that didnt work either, at least not for me. Patched the clean rom with your M3.patch and loaded my save file, tapped on Pokegear and bam consistant noise and frozen black screen still :<

EDIT2: I just replaced the arm7 file myself and also realised that i had a cheat code enabled called Gamebackup / Fix code or something like that, so i disabled that too and this time when i loaded it worked. So for all i know your M3.patch proberly works but im not going to take out my microSD put it back in the reader and back in the PC again to test as its getting late and im shattered. But if it doesnt work for M3 users then replacing the ARM7 file as mentioned a couple of pages back certainly works!

Shadownhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I pick up the waterfall HM in the ice caves it gets stuck once I pick it up, because a blank text box appears and doesn't go away so I can't progress further into the game.

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
Shadownhero said:
When I pick up the waterfall HM in the ice caves it gets stuck once I pick it up, because a blank text box appears and doesn't go away so I can't progress further into the game.
Yeah, unfortunately you have to do a fiddly bit here. Replace the .nds you're using with the original ROM, and make sure it has the same name as your .sav file. Then pick up Waterfall, save again, and go back to using your patched .nds ROM
biggrin.gif

Shadownhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fluganox said:
Shadownhero said:
Yeah, unfortunately you have to do a fiddly bit here. Replace the .nds you're using with the original ROM, and make sure it has the same name as your .sav file. Then pick up Waterfall, save again, and go back to using your patched .nds ROM
biggrin.gif

Thank you kind sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Can't wait for someone to add ray tracing and that kind of stuff lol