Xenon with no Disc Drive - JTAG

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ZombiePosessor, Mar 17, 2012.

1. ZombiePosessor
    OP

ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    United States
    West Virginia
    So I jtagged my xenon years ago, and tossed the disc drive. I never really cared for it and it was an unnecessary object blocking airflow. I've since made a hobby of flashing drives and jtagging (now RGHing) consoles. I have a shit-ton of disc drives sitting around here. If I ever wanna put one in my JTAG, can I just spoof it? I don't remember what drive was originally in it, probably a hitachi or a samsung, possibly a benq. I didn't save the firmware from the drive that was in it, but as I have a JTAG I have my DVD key. Can I use jungleflasher to spoof a benq I have using my DVD key only and not the original drive's firmware key?

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    You can change the OSIG in your KV and flash that drive with a hacked firmware (no need for spoofing)

I did it with my Falcon RGH and a Hitachi 47 drive (it's OSIG was a Liteon 7x)

3. ZombiePosessor
    OP

ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    United States
    West Virginia
    Do I just patch keyvault in 360 Flash Tool and use my DVD key?

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Keyvault modder can change the OSIG and iirc Flashtool 360 can do the same.

Changing the OSIG + DVD key to that of the drive will only require you to flash LT 3 on the drive.
    No need for constandly spoofing ;]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice