Xenoblade Save File PAL -> NTSC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MidgardDragon, Apr 1, 2012.

Apr 1, 2012
  1. MidgardDragon
    OP

Newcomer MidgardDragon Newbie

United States
    I softmodded my Wii to play Xenoblade Chronicles when it came out in the UK. Everything went great, loved the game, but now that it is coming out in the US I am buying the NTSC copy to support Nintendo releasing the game (finally). It's not a huge deal if I can only play my PAL copy from HDD, in fact I'd probably prefer to play that way, I'm just curious if there's anything I can do to convert the PAL save file to NTSC and play around with the NTSC version to see if there are any differences. I was sure there was a guide out there for doing just this but I didn't find it (and I believe when I tried it it didn't work). Is this possible? Easy to pull off for a relative noob?

Forgive me if this has been posted. Searching these boards turned up a few save file conversion discussions but nothing that seemed spot on to my situation.

2. Smoldy

Newcomer Smoldy Member

United Kingdom
    There probably wont be any difference aside from the disk only working on NTSC Wii's.. If the Wii is region locked.

I'd say stick with the PAL version.

To answer your question though here is a quick guide on how to convert saves - http://www.maxiconso...-wii-saves.html

3. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    I believe that it will be possible... just make a backup with SaveGameManagerGX of both NTSC and PAL saves and swap the "monado0X" files