Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
peeps saying they are not buying the game because of no breast slider..it's just...just ridiculously stupid! :glare:
Just as ridiculously stupid as removing the option because why not.

Nintendo has a solid track record of censorship, that's true, but about this game in particular they said "no content is being cut due to region/censorship issues." so seeing that Nintendo is doing it again even though they said that this would not be the case. I feel offended for the false promise and the censorship itself.
What is the better way to discourage them?? well, not giving them my money is a good one.

Reactions: LightyKD

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like it. It feels unnecessary. That on top of the fact Nintedo said they wouldn't do it. Then they did it. I'll still play it, but I wish they didn't cut content for censorship.

Also, the 13 year old is being updated to a 15 year old in the English release. Why not just call her 18 and then no one would have a problem with her in a skimpy bikini.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I don't like it. It feels unnecessary. That on top of the fact Nintedo said they wouldn't do it. Then they did it. I'll still play it, but I wish they didn't cut content for censorship.

Also, the 13 year old is being updated to a 15 year old in the English release. Why not just call her 18 and then no one would have a problem with her in a skimpy bikini.
Why is she 15 and not 16 in the western release? A person of 16 years old in some countries and US states has the consent to date an older guy/gal so at this point it would not be that big of an issue though there'd possibly still be people complaining. Japan on the other hands permits 13 year olds which just blows my mind because someone of the age 13 is still very much a kid, if you will, a pre-teen.

Regardless of this I'll still buy the game as I've already paid most of it.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is she 15 and not 16 in the western release? A person of 16 years old in some countries and US states has the consent to date an older guy/gal so at this point it would not be that big of an issue though there'd possibly still be people complaining. Japan on the other hands permits 13 year olds which just blows my mind because someone of the age 13 is still very much a kid, if you will, a pre-teen.

Regardless of this I'll still buy the game as I've already paid most of it.
Indeed. In the states, legal age of consent varies from state to state, ranging from 16-18.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not very familiar with Xenoblade Chronicles, but I do know that from a character customization point of view, I would like to be able to change my custom character in whatever way I like as well.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If she's modelled to be 13, just saying she's 18 won't do. She's 13 in Japan... she's 13 here too. This boils down in that you're pissed that you don't get to drool over a kid in a swimsuit.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Be aware, that the game in Japan is rated CERO C, which I believe is equivalent to ESRB's M-rating. Being given a T-rating in the states means some changes were going to happen one way or another.
Isn't D equivalent to the US's M rating?
Edit: Looked it up. B = T, D = M.
Since there is such a big gap between T and M in the ESRB system, there's nothing C really maps to. It's closer to PEGI 16+.

Last edited by Arras,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fuck that! I'm tired of people using gameplay as an excuse!!!! Censorship is censorship. I was excited about this game and now this! Nintendo must really not want my money! Yeah, I'll just wait for a translated Japanese version.
Oh, man. Don't be so dramatic!
It's just a shitty bust slider, not WW3 or the death of video games.

Reactions: Deleted User

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow. This really is hard for some of you, huh? :mellow:

I would put that bust slizer to the max and laugh how ridiculous it would look - then change everything back to my settings and play the game.

I'm with you, it's always good to have a choice. But we should not make a drama out of it. Nintendo will always fix those things, and some people will change it back. End of story, everybody get's what they wanted in the first place.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as ridiculously stupid as removing the option because why not.

Nintendo has a solid track record of censorship, that's true, but about this game in particular they said "no content is being cut due to region/censorship issues." so seeing that Nintendo is doing it again even though they said that this would not be the case. I feel offended for the false promise and the censorship itself.
What is the better way to discourage them?? well, not giving them my money is a good one.
I'm pretty sure by content they meant, you know, actual content. Giving big tits to the main character (which may or may not be 13, there's conflicting reports in the thread) isn't content.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I'm pretty sure by content they meant, you know, actual content. Giving big tits to the main character (which may or may not be 13, there's conflicting reports in the thread) isn't content.
Well that is like if I said "I'll not do this" and then ask someone else to do it, I technically kept my word but indirectally broke it.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All boils down to what definition of content both ends have. If Nintendo where clear about their intentions things like this wont happen.
What, you think this overblown outrage wouldn't exist if they had said at the beginning "Hey, we're gonna remove the bust slider, but it's okay, because we're telling you in advance?" No, because they're still telling you in advance that it's gone. You haven't bought the game yet. Contrarianism and/or perversion, that's what this boils down to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.