Misc Pokemon X cartridge corrupted, want everything wiped but resetting doesnt work.

SourStrawberry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, hopefully this is the correct place to post my question, ive seen similar posts from months/years ago but havent found my answer :(

I have a physical copy of Pokemon X that has been completely corrupted, as ive found out today. I want to replay X and want all my data to be gone!

When i tried to open it, a black screen appeared with "Error type: generic, ID: 38, Process name: Kujira-1". Got some friends to try and help me and ended up using FBI and JKSM to try and wipe my save data off the game (clicked on Delete save/extra data etc). After doing this, i was able to actually enter the game and got the message "The saved game data is corrupted. refer to the electronic manual for details".

Then i tried resetting by pressing UP + X + B. This worked until selecting a game language (first screen that pops up), after that my screen turns black again and i get a similar message to the one i got before resetting.

Is there anything else i can try? to repeat i used FBI and JKSM already and already tried UP + X + B, but with no success.

--

Also for context if it matters, i highly suspect a hacked pokemon caused this. I used to trade and try and get legendary pokemon that werent obtainable in X/y/ORAS when i was a kid, got a suspicious shiny arceus. about a year ago when i was transferring pokemon onto my switch, i already couldnt access my PC ingame. It would crash when doing that, now i cant access my game at all anymore.

AlamosIT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You could try to start a new game on PC with Citra, save in-game, then copy your new generated save file on 3DS and restore it on your actual cartridge with Checkpoint/JKSM

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey, hopefully this is the correct place to post my question, ive seen similar posts from months/years ago but havent found my answer :(

I have a physical copy of Pokemon X that has been completely corrupted, as ive found out today. I want to replay X and want all my data to be gone!

When i tried to open it, a black screen appeared with "Error type: generic, ID: 38, Process name: Kujira-1". Got some friends to try and help me and ended up using FBI and JKSM to try and wipe my save data off the game (clicked on Delete save/extra data etc). After doing this, i was able to actually enter the game and got the message "The saved game data is corrupted. refer to the electronic manual for details".

Then i tried resetting by pressing UP + X + B. This worked until selecting a game language (first screen that pops up), after that my screen turns black again and i get a similar message to the one i got before resetting.

Is there anything else i can try? to repeat i used FBI and JKSM already and already tried UP + X + B, but with no success.

--

Also for context if it matters, i highly suspect a hacked pokemon caused this. I used to trade and try and get legendary pokemon that werent obtainable in X/y/ORAS when i was a kid, got a suspicious shiny arceus. about a year ago when i was transferring pokemon onto my switch, i already couldnt access my PC ingame. It would crash when doing that, now i cant access my game at all anymore.

Can you try a hail marry and see if this fixes your cartridge?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/corrupted-cartridge-fixer-release.628539/

Would be sad if it's broken :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto