Hacking Xenoblade Chronicle X [Undub]

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now that 5.5.1 kernel is up and running on my Wii U, I finally can ask here.

So is it possible to just uncensor the gear for Lin in Xenoblade? And if so, what are the options available?

Do I have to backup the game and play it through Loadiine? Or is there a soft patch method for Retail/Digital copies (similar to what 3DS can do with HANS and NTR CFW)?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So now that 5.5.1 kernel is up and running on my Wii U, I finally can ask here.

So is it possible to just uncensor the gear for Lin in Xenoblade? And if so, what are the options available?

Do I have to backup the game and play it through Loadiine? Or is there a soft patch method for Retail/Digital copies (similar to what 3DS can do with HANS and NTR CFW)?
I think you can use cafiine (https://github.com/NWPlayer123/Cafiine-5.5.X) to patch the disc version of the game... Maybe X_X

Last edited by RealityNinja,

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm, would it be possible to move all the extra Japanese character voice choices to the undubbed version, create a character in the japanese version, move it over to the undub and have it work? Just wondering, since bust size can still be altered in the undubbed version, just not through the menu, I was thinking maybe the English version still recognize the other voice choices, but just need the proper files (and possibly file names?) to work.

Edit: Seems like the patcher isn't working for me either. After extracting files and creating work and work2 directories, the bat file seems to close and http://i.imgur.com/HPf34g2.png I just end up stuck at this window. Dunno if I should just leave it at that or not, but looking through the topatch folder as well as the work folders, I don't see any files being changed or modified.

Last edited by CXu,

kjell90

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The patcher seems to stop after selecting a number and creating work2.
The topatch folder is unchanged and the only thing left is the undub patcher showing "patching",
and then not proceeding.

Last edited by kjell90,

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Alright, it seems like having folder names with spaces somehow messes up the patcher? It worked when I removed them, although it seems everything except the actual voice lines got replaced (so folder 1 was moved over, but folder 2 still had the English voices). The opening movie were in Japanese, and I haven't gone past the character selection screen. It also seems like I can't load the Japanese version of Xenoblade X with loadiine? I thought it was region free?

Edit: Nvm I'm stupid and found out the Japanese version I have didn't have xml files or the rpx in the correct folders.

Edit 2: So if you pick a voice that's not in the English version, then copy the savedata back, you'll be able to use that voice in the English version, no need to replace any existing voice. Now I just need to properly patch the game with the Japanese voice lines rofl.

Last edited by CXu,

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can use cafiine (https://github.com/NWPlayer123/Cafiine-5.5.X) to patch the disc version of the game... Maybe X_X

Okay thank you. I've been doing research and I still have yet to figure out where to begin to undub this game, or where to even get the files I need, lol. Ultimately, I'd love to be able to use the Eshop version (or I could unpack my sealed collector's lol) and patch the censored gear (Lin's gear and the fundoshi for all models) back to how they should be. Japanese voices I'm not too concerned about atm.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay thank you. I've been doing research and I still have yet to figure out where to begin to undub this game, or where to even get the files I need, lol. Ultimately, I'd love to be able to use the Eshop version (or I could unpack my sealed collector's lol) and patch the censored gear (Lin's gear and the fundoshi for all models) back to how they should be. Japanese voices I'm not too concerned about atm.
You can find these files on the japanese xenoblade x version of the game.

Kyogokudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to replace the voice files with Cafiine ? I just want to replace the voices like you would replace musics in sm4sh. I have the EUR disc version with EU undub files.
Path is something like that: J:\00050000101C4C00\stream

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to replace the voice files with Cafiine ? I just want to replace the voices like you would replace musics in sm4sh. I have the EUR disc version with EU undub files.
Path is something like that: J:\00050000101C4C00\stream
same for me but no one has uploaded patched files,i don't know why,it's easier than upload an entire wud

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find these files on the japanese xenoblade x version of the game.

Okay then, time to go pirate it when I'm home I guess.

So Cafiine works by soft patching over the wifi/internet, while SD Cafiine soft patches with the files on the SD card. But I thought I read somewhere that SD Cafiine is only compatible with games that access the SD Card, like SSB.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but there is no compiled source of information for stuff like this. All I've found was a tool was released, and nobody talks about how to use it lol.

Kyogokudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay then, time to go pirate it when I'm home I guess.

So Cafiine works by soft patching over the wifi/internet, while SD Cafiine soft patches with the files on the SD card. But I thought I read somewhere that SD Cafiine is only compatible with games that access the SD Card, like SSB.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but there is no compiled source of information for stuff like this. All I've found was a tool was released, and nobody talks about how to use it lol.
SDCaffine is pretty SSB only so no it doesn't work with XCX.
Caffine is compatible...but not really. You can change the sound files fine but the .cpk files will cause the caffine server and game to crash. And the game without those files is clearly unplayable (random freezes, weird noises, lag)
Could anyone look into that issue with caffine ?

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, my only objective is to change the censored gear back to the original, dubbed voices I don't care about that much.

Also, if I'm seeing this correctly, Cafiine only works with retail discs and not eshop copies?

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got Cafiine working with my eshop copy. I used the loadiine.ovh site because I haven't gotten local host setup properly yet.

I'm using the server from here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/cafiine-with-choosable-ipv4-works-from-4-1-0-to-5-5-1.425198/

The menu.cpk replacement worked fine (to fix text size) - took long time to initially load though.

It's also possible to fix the music in the city. You can use this tool to convert mp3 files to adx files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ahr313p439kcm24/PES+Sound+File+Converter+1.8.rar
(I just used default settings except checking the loop automatically box)
Then replace the x63_00.adx and x64_00.adx files in the vol\content\stream\bgm folder. (You can replace other music as well)

Reactions: qtfoo

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool, sounds good, I've heard good things from loadiine.ovh. Can't wait to get home and pirate the JP version to start this lol.

Also, haha, imagine replacing X's music with music that properly loops and sounds like game music instead of anime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: search up "ulterior motives"