• Likes 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case then maybe this was a false alarm. Also why do you think Nintendo needs to announce something like this? Isn't it best they keep it inside. Lets see what happens in the future
I never said they needed to. However, it would provide more evidence towards those who have supposed patched units. A reminder that the exploit is very user-oriented with the biggest if is whether or not the Switch is in RCM. Add into it whether they installed the appropriate drivers, are using the right cable, or even if their OS is preventing the payload from being sent and we really are just giving these users the benefit of the doubt (which I don't see anything wrong with).

Melon_Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never said they needed to. However, it would provide more evidence towards those who have supposed patched units. A reminder that the exploit is very user-oriented with the biggest if is whether or not the Switch is in RCM. Add into it whether they installed the appropriate drivers, are using the right cable, or even if their OS is preventing the payload from being sent and we really are just giving these users the benefit of the doubt (which I don't see anything wrong with).
of course. Lets wait and see. It wont matter to early adopters of the switch anyways

Melon_Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Turns out I was right. New switch units are being shipped with 4.1.0 and the Tegra exploit being patched (confirmed by SciresM too).

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe it was before 4.0 that there was actually a way to have your account on 2 switches and play the same digital game on both at the same time by hitting the home button while in game, not exiting the game, then deactivating your console to activate the 2nd, and once your on the 2nd one, you can reenter the game on 1st which was still in "pause" mode.. i did it a few times before the ninty update blocked that ability by not allowing a deactivate while a game is "paused"

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanna say that i got my switch setup with my SX Pro 2 days ago, have played splatoon 2 with my own rip both nights fine. will update if i get banned. gonna try with exclusively my own rips + homebrew for a week and then update, playing at least 1 splatoon match a night. am in the us

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who cares about the innocent rich fellow?
If someone buys the game after you have dumped it and both play online at the same time, it might be enough to be blacklisted. And then someone else, who is innocent, will be banned...

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried using a cert with a game they didn't register for eshop coins. Thats probably how ninty know that the cert is tied to a game
Good question now my certificates are all tied to collecting coins now whether not collecting them and using the certificate flags up some sort of knowledge to Nintendo and a flag for a ban follows I’m not sure? Has anyone else used a certificate but not collected the coins and received a ban?

Last edited by Reecey,

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Case by case was never a thing. Never has been, never will be
Remember that scires got banned in the first wave too

Getting sick of this whole ''ban comes in waves. anything detectable'' when there's still peopLe out there who never got banned. That can be the case but there hasn't been hard evidence that proves nintendo just bans whenever they feel like checking your switch out.

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good question now my certificates are all tied to collecting coins now whether not collecting them and using the certificate flags up some sort of knowledge to Nintendo and a flag for a ban follows I’m not sure? Has anyone else used a certificate but not collected the coins and received a ban?
Having had my Switch for only 2 weeks now, I honestly don't even know how to "collect coins." The injected cert I used was banned within a few hours. The console itself was not banned, just that cert. Since that happened I haven't been online so I can't say if the console has subsequently been banned yet.

UPDATE: I tried going online, just an eshop test, and found the console's banned.

Last edited by Friffy1,
Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Having had my Switch for only 2 weeks now, I honestly don't even know how to "collect coins." The injected cert I used was banned within a few hours. The console itself was not banned, just that cert. Since that happened I haven't been online so I can't say if the console has subsequently been banned yet.
Thanks. To collect the coins press the + button on the games icons to bring the menu up and go to Nintendo rewards program click on the link. If you didn’t collect your coins on your certificate you used this maybe an issue but of course I don’t know for certain, it’s just a thought.

@x0x0 did you collect your reward coins on your retail games you used for your certificates to inject with?

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Friffy1

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. To collect the coins press the + button on the games icons to bring the menu up and go to Nintendo rewards program click on the link. If you didn’t collect your coins on your certificate you used this maybe an issue but of course I don’t know for certain, it’s just a thought.

@x0x0 did you collect your reward coins on your retail games you used for your certificates to inject with?
Ah. Yeah, in that case I've definitely never collected coins in any game. :-)

Reactions: Reecey

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Requirements
OS SX 1.1 or higher
1 Original GameCard
WAIN Dumper https://gbatemp.net/threads/wain-cart-dumper-nx-v0-0-2-xci-dump-tool.506798/
XCI Explorer https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-explorer.505528/

METHOD FOR .XCI
Tutorial is very easy:
Put your gamecard to switch and Get game CERT through WAIN Dumper and import it to any backup by XCI Explorer and enjoy multiplayer.
Im used Zelda cert to Splatoon 2 and its working \o/
btw. im not responsible for potentiall bans.

METHOD FOR .NSP
Not discovered.

Preventing Bans

Tips by @Reecey https://gbatemp.net/threads/xecuter...from-another-game.508357/page-11#post-8094061

and obvious..
- dont cheat
- dont modify your saves
- never share your cert.bin
- never use CDN Downloaders

My Status: Not banned yet.. Stay tuned.

why use Zelda cert on splatoon 2 but not on Mario odydesy? You're playing odydessy with no cert

megamanxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys!

I know that the subject of banning is not clear and it is still certainly mysterious, however I would like to know your opinion/knowledge about something...

I have already read that in order to play online "safely" (to minimize the risk of get a ban) from SX OS with .xci backups obtained in google -and if you are from the EU or GB- it is recommended to inject a cert of a cartridge of equal or greater size, that has not online playing, and finally be the same type (ie card1/card2).

But my question is, with respect to playing these backup obtained in Google but in OFFLINE mode and in order to minimize the risk of ban, It is safer to play them as they are (ie without a header/cert) or by the otherwise is it also recommended to inject a cert of characteristics mentioned above?

Thanks for your contributions and greetings.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah. Yeah, in that case I've definitely never collected coins in any game. :-)
That member could have a very good point I collected my points on both also with wolfenstein 2 as well. What I would really like to know on this thread, if others have not collected there points on the retail game they have used as the donor certificate and received a ban? that would be interesting for research purposes. For all we know Nintendo might just be banning because they think the person is using that particular game ie using the certificate as a back up but all they know is a flagged error you’re using for example Zelda or wolfenstein 2 as the back up! they then follow up with a complete console ban because the person goes and repeats the same process again with another retail certificate without collecting the coins on that one so it flags again resulting in the complete ban.

Last edited by Reecey,

MrWhosHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Requirements
OS SX 1.1 or higher
1 Original GameCard
WAIN Dumper https://gbatemp.net/threads/wain-cart-dumper-nx-v0-0-2-xci-dump-tool.506798/
XCI Explorer https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-explorer.505528/

METHOD FOR .XCI
Tutorial is very easy:
Put your gamecard to switch and Get game CERT through WAIN Dumper and import it to any backup by XCI Explorer and enjoy multiplayer.
Im used Zelda cert to Splatoon 2 and its working \o/
btw. im not responsible for potentiall bans.

METHOD FOR .NSP
Not discovered.

Preventing Bans

Tips by @Reecey https://gbatemp.net/threads/xecuter...from-another-game.508357/page-11#post-8094061

and obvious..
- dont cheat
- dont modify your saves
- never share your cert.bin
- never use CDN Downloaders

My Status: Not banned yet.. Stay tuned.

CDN Downloaders are like what sorry i dont know can we use this on cwf or has to be sx os

Dark_Hades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here's my "report" on all of this.

I currently have 2 Switches in my possession, one is banned (hardware, can't link or unlink or access eshop) due to carelessly inserting certs from games I own into downloaded "backups" as well as going online with a wiped cert. The other one is still unbanned hardware wise but it did get a cert ban and here's what I tried differently; blocked all connections except those necessary to play online, I used Lego: the Incredibles as a donor cert (single player, 16gb, type 2, which I never played and only inserted once in the homebrew menu to dump the cert then promptly removed it), I used Mario Tennis Aces and Blazblue (also type 2) as the target online games (that I trimmed this time).

The result? The same as my first Switch console before it got hardware banned, I was able to play for maybe 6 to 12 hours or so until it got hit with a cert ban.

I've got Lego City: Undercover (single player, 16gb, type 1) coming in tomorrow and I was thinking of this time just playing with one (type 1) online game at a time before a reboot and see how that will fare. Why? Because when I sniffed the traffic for when I went online with a game, it appears that you're not granted access to the game server until it gets a "valid response" from aauth-lp1.ndas.srv.nintendo.net, it doesn't need to contact it again until you either restart the console or an undetermined time has passed while in sleep mode. Also, each different game with the same cert still requires authentication when you want to go online despite already having a valid response for one of them (even if it's from a legit game). Now I had gone online with Blazblue while a valid response was still present for Mario Tennis Aces. So perhaps something got flagged there, I don't know. If that doesn't work then I'll stick to buying legit online games for use with TX SX (which is what I've been using for all of this).

I don't know how some of you are still unbanned (cert or hardware) but perhaps it's a region thing considering the bans are not instant, who knows?

don_luca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, soon you're going to have a report from Italy as well and we'll see how this all pans out.

I just need to choose and buy an original game to use its certificate unless someone wants to send me one, for science, you know.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👀 Where?! 👀 Where!?