Hacking Yet another person with Super Paper Mario crashing (WiiVC)

Victorino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I need help making Super Paper Mario to work correctly on my Wii U.

Here are the details:
-Got a .wbfs file of Super Paper Mario [USA] (Wii).
-Built it using TeconMoon's WiiVC injector with default settings (providing icons and the required title keys)
-After some waiting, I successfully got my files for use with WUPInstaller. The folder that contains them is around 400 MB of size.
-Move the folder to the Wii U's SD card /install/ directory.
-Run Mocha CFW on my Wii U, which works flawlessly.
-Run WUPInstaller GX2 and "Install to Nand" the game. It completes without a problem.
-Back to the Wii U's Home menu, I run the new SPM icon that appeared. The game boots fine.
-I got to the file creation menu, then I tried two things:
*Create a save file -> Save file is created successfully, but Wii U crashes upon loading it. The screen is black and a humming noise can be listened.
*Continue without creating a save file -> Wii U crashes just like before.

--At this point, I can only: a. turn off the Wii Remote - b. turn off the Wii U gamepad - c. force shutdown the Wii U by unplugging it (holding the power button for some seconds won't work).​
------------
Then, I searched for another .wbfs file of the same game and tried everything just as stated above. Same results.
------------
After that, I tried running both .wbfs files on Dolphin Emulator (on Windows). They work just fine.
------------
Finally, I searched the internet some more and found a method that involved activating "Don't trim game output (Wii retail only)" in TeconMoon's WiiVC injector. I tried doing that and building the file again:
-Now the process was longer, and the output folder size is about 4 GB in size.
-I make all the process of installing it into the Wii U just like before - no problems so far.
-Now I try to open the game:
*The Wii U freezes a second or two after showing the splash screen. That screen is frozen on the TV and the gamepad, and a humming noise can be heard.

--At this point, I can hard reset the Wii U holding its power button for about 4 seconds.​
------------
Other things to note:
-I'm using the Web browser exploit to run the Homebrew Launcher.
-I'm using Mocha CFW and I make sure to run it every power cycle of the Wii U if I'm going to install the game or run it.
-My Wii U is EUR, while both game files are USA.
-The card I used on the try with the ~400 MB game size is a 2 GB SD card.
-The one I used on the ~4 GB game size is a 8 GB microSD card with an adapter.
-Both cards were formatted with guiformat on Windows 10 with the cluster size (I believe it's called like that) set to 32 K. Both cards are formatted as FAT32.

*And yes, I searched my problem on the Internet, and just found two possible solutions, which were "Trying a different game file" or "Activating [Don't trim game output] in the WiiVC injector" (I tried both, but didn't work).

I believe I haven't forgot to mention anything - if you need any other details or screenshots just ask me. Let's hope someone clarifies this for me once for all, or at least tell me what's causing this problem.

Last edited by Victorino,

Pokezuculento

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here are the details:
-Built it using TeconMoon's WiiVC injector with default settings (providing icons and the required title keys)
-After some waiting, I successfully got my files for use with WUPInstaller. The folder that contains them is around 400 MB of size.
-Run WUPInstaller GX2 and "Install to Nand" the game. It completes without a problem.
-Back to the Wii U's Home menu, I run the new SPM icon that appeared. The game boots fine.
*Create a save file -> Save file is created successfully, but Wii U crashes upon loading it. The screen is black and a humming noise can be listened.
*Continue without creating a save file -> Wii U crashes just like before.

--At this point, I can only: a. turn off the Wii Remote - b. turn off the Wii U gamepad - c. force shutdown the Wii U by unplugging it (holding the power button for some seconds won't work).​
------------
Then, I searched for another .wbfs file of the same game and tried everything just as stated above. Same results.
------------
After that, I tried running both .wbfs files on Dolphin Emulator (on Windows). They work just fine.
------------
Finally, I searched the internet some more and found a method that involved activating "Don't trim game output (Wii retail only)" in TeconMoon's WiiVC injector. I tried doing that and building the file again:
-I make all the process of installing it into the Wii U just like before - no problems so far.
*The Wii U freezes a second or two after showing the splash screen. That screen is frozen on the TV and the gamepad, and a humming noise can be heard.

--At this point, I can hard reset the Wii U holding its power button for about 4 seconds.​
------------
Other things to note:
-I'm using Mocha CFW and I make sure to run it every power cycle of the Wii U if I'm going to install the game or run it.
-Both cards were formatted with guiformat on Windows 10 with the cluster size (I believe it's called like that) set to 32 K. Both cards are formatted as FAT32.

*And yes, I searched my problem on the Internet, and just found two possible solutions, which were "Trying a different game file" or "Activating [Don't trim game output] in the WiiVC injector" (I tried both, but didn't work).

I believe I haven't forgot to mention anything - if you need any other details or screenshots just ask me. Let's hope someone clarifies this for me once for all, or at least tell me what's causing this problem.
There's a version of Super Paper Mario USA in the eShop, you can downlad and install it without converting

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just download the official release from the eShop, you can save a lot of problems with this

Also i found several problems using the program, the game worked well but then after entering a pipe the game crashed, so after that i decided to download the official version of the eshop and the game worked without problems

something I notice is that the eshop game is approximately 475mb and the custom inyect is only 400mb which probably caused the crash of the game

If you want to use custom icons/banners/music just replace the files with FTPII U on the "meta" folder of the game

Last edited by jesus96,

MeekoKyjhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did u ever resolve the issue?

I found a fix that worked

Dont change the name of the wbfs leave it as 'SUPER PAPER MARIO' when injecting.

Here are the details:
*Create a save file -> Save file is created successfully, but Wii U crashes upon loading it. The screen is black and a humming noise can be listened.​
*Continue without creating a save file -> Wii U crashes just like before.​
------------
------------
------------
*The Wii U freezes a second or two after showing the splash screen. That screen is frozen on the TV and the gamepad, and a humming noise can be heard.​
------------
Other things to note:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill