Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
While we're waiting for Live to come back, you guys should read this: http://www.team-vbi.net/teamvbi/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3826. Poor guy. Apparently someone hacked his Xbox Live account without even knowing his password. He believes there is a hole in the MS security system in place for Live and the "great" agents and sups at Xbox Customer Support don't believe him. Nice. All of his credit card information was on there as well and because of the system downtime, they can't do anything for him. Unbelievable. Also found at: http://www.qj.net/XBL-account-hacked-for-R...g/49/aid/110643.

What do you think about this one...?

~Fitzy~

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait , live is down ?
That sucks , I wanted to play Halo 3 today. >_>
Poor Guy.
frown.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Saw this earlier today lol and what it's all over? The guy wanted the friggin Gaylo 3 RECON armor LOL
biggrin.gif

The recon armor is only given out to players by bungie staff, some say by winning a game of ranked 4 player lone wolf without dying (25-0-0-0), some say you get it when bungie use your user created map (cuz it's that ub3r... puleeease!!
rolleyes.gif
apparantly bungie deny this one ) but no one really knows...
I'd say the kid could make some sort of case out of this, if he really wanted to.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Saw this earlier today lol and what it's all over? The guy wanted the friggin Gaylo 3 RECON armor LOL
biggrin.gif

The recon armor is only given out to players by bungie staff, some say by winning a game of ranked 4 player lone wolf without dying (25-0-0-0), some say you get it when bungie use your user created map (cuz it's that ub3r... puleeease!!
rolleyes.gif
I'd say they kid could make some sort of case out of this, if he really wanted to.
Bungie has outright said they give it to people that make them laugh their ass off. Such as the guy who sniped himself with a headshot or the guy who got killed by a traffic cone.
laugh.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I first got my 360 in January 2006, I added my credit card. When the credit card expired, I had a hell of a time getting it off. They don't give you the option to remove your credit card. You have to ring them up. Otherwise they will keep charging you the £40 a year for xbox live gold.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I first got my 360 in January 2006, I added my credit card. When the credit card expired, I had a hell of a time getting it off. They don't give you the option to remove your credit card. You have to ring them up. Otherwise they will keep charging you the £40 a year for xbox live gold.
Srsly? I used my credit card to get a 12yr account. They better not take off another £40 for the next year after it expires.

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When I first got my 360 in January 2006, I added my credit card. When the credit card expired, I had a hell of a time getting it off. They don't give you the option to remove your credit card. You have to ring them up. Otherwise they will keep charging you the £40 a year for xbox live gold.

Exactly why I buy the membership cards in stores because I do not want the hassle. I remember a while back when my first Xbox 360 died and instead of sending it to MS (I was unwilling to wait for weeks to get my machine back
smile.gif
), I just returned it to my local Costco where I had purchased it from mostly because they offer a LIFETIME warranty on any electronic device purchase as long as you are a member. Unknowingly, I had stepped into hell.

You see, one of the perks of being a Xbox 360 owner is the Xbox Live Arcade and Downloadable Content. Anywho, on my old Xbox I had a lot of downloaded songs for GH2 which after buying multiple MS Points cards, added up to over $300.00 or so. Before I had went ahead with the exchange, I made sure to contact MS to see if there was anything special I needed to do to get my DC onto my new Xbox.

"Nope.", the rep stated, "All you have to do is migrate your gamertag onto your new Xbox and re-download all of the content." Excellent. The only hassle I would have to go thru was re-downloading all of the stuff I had bought. Wrong. After downloading all of the content I began to notice it would disappear if I went offline.

After speaking with about 10 reps or so about the issue, I finally got to a sup named Chris. Chris basically told me that because of DRM issues (Digital Rights Management), I would NEVER be able to get the content working properly because I had exchanged my system without their say so (not exactly what he said, but he basically said I had to send the system to them to get this done properly). Let's do a flashback to my call to the nice young lady in Xbox Support a few weeks prior. She never mentioned anything about this to me. Was this my fault? No. But I was sure made to feel like it was. You see, I work for an internet provider based out of the US. Everytime a customer calls in whether to get assistance with getting online or to call us a fuckhead, we have to notate that customer's account. EVERYTIME. Not doing so results in major reprecussions, often times our jobs are on the line.

In an attempt to save face with this idiot and get my DC back, I asked him what notes were on my account. I explained to him I had called prior to this and explained the whole thing to a rep who said she would leave notes as to my intentions. Nope. No notes. So basically this guy was calling me a liar because I didn't have proof. Well, as I stated to him, just because there were no notes on the account did not mean I did not speak with the rep, it just meant that the rep was negligent. Nope. SOL. Here was his final solution: buy all of the points again and get a new gamertag and get all of the content again. WOW. That was exactly was I was thinking...fail.

And this was where my sad story ends. I ended up out the points I purchased and content I downloaded all because of a broken DRM system. Feel free to send me MS points to make up for it all
tongue.gif

I will never buy another point from this system until they get this fixed. Money not customers first. That is Microsoft's motto.

Sorry for the long rant but I had to get that out and I hope you guys pay heed or the same will happen to you.

~Fitzy~

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaminglagoon has free microsoft points
tongue.gif

...uh yeah. Next time you want to replace your 360, don't give it to Costco, but buy a new one and swap the harddrives.

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gaminglagoon has free microsoft points
tongue.gif

...uh yeah. Next time you want to replace your 360, don't give it to Costco, but buy a new one and swap the harddrives.

Lesson learned my friend. Lesson learned.

The DC content is tied to the console itself, not the HD which makes it all the more complicated.

~Fitzy~

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xbox Live customer service is the shits. I had two points cards that weren't working on my Xbox so I called them up to try and get it working. It took literally a week before they believed these cards weren't working and that I just wasn't making a user error. This happened by walking me through the entering process on the xbox, and then again on the website, which I had tried numerous times before. Then they asked for my password and email address which I reluctantly gave to them, and then they tried it on their Xbox and their computer, which of course didn't work. The guy then told me to make a new silver account and to try one of the cards on there, which worked. So he told me it was my gamertag that was fucked up and it would have to be taken directly to Microsoft to get this figured out. But in the meantime I had to fax in my receipt and points card to prove I didn't just steal it or anything (even though I received the card free from Microsoft). 2 weeks goes by and they hadn't called me back, and I was like you know what, fuck this. I'm using the card on my silver account. So I use the card, and then on Christmas day I get a phone call from them saying the card had been used and that they were no longer going to help me out because they were going to give me a replacement card (which wouldn't have worked anyways) and when I said isn't my gamertag still fucked up? They told me no, it wasn't, because I was able to redeem my cards. I didn't want to have to get in a shouting match on Christmas so I just hung up. Now I'm modding my xbox because I've had enough of Microsoft

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it shows how little MS care about you and it also shows how much they care about your money out of anything else.

Damn right, that ALL they care about, the money. Now XBL is hard to get onto because of all the server problems and stuff. I couldn't even get my COD4 fix last night because I couldn't join a game!!!!!
hate2.gif

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Saw this earlier today lol and what it's all over? The guy wanted the friggin Gaylo 3 RECON armor LOL
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif
I'd say they kid could make some sort of case out of this, if he really wanted to.

Bungie has outright said they give it to people that make them laugh their ass off. Such as the guy who sniped himself with a headshot or the guy who got killed by a traffic cone.
laugh.gif
To put a little context to this, this IS the guy that sniped himself.

He's said that he doesn't really care about getting his account back, more on just making sure the guy that hacked it gets punished.

leonheart_a

Trophies
XP
Country
thats terrible! microsofts customer sevice from the looks of things is absolutely disqusting! I hope this does get somewhere so microsoft can at least fix it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: