Gaming Xbox 360 problem

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A few days ago my flashed 360 just started having problems running backup games, The discs would load and and usually at the main menu i'd get the Disc is Unreadable error please clean and reboot console error.

I'm gonna bring it back to the shop that did the flashing to have it looked at, it still plays original games fine and it i've had it flashed for exactly 3 months now and coincidentally the warranty was also for 3 months...hmmms.

In the meantime i'd like to get some info from anyone out there who has similar incidents occur to them.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried the original version of the backup you are trying to play? I knew my 360 was dying when both the backup and original versions of Quantum of Solace and L4D kept freezing on me. Other backups also randomly froze, but those were the 2 which I also tested with originals. I rented the originals to test. I suggest you do the same.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
uhm...
why dont you save the game to the HDD and play it from the HDD?
you probably wouldnt have disc read errors anymore... except if the game can't be copied to the HDD in the first place.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
The hardware quality of the 360 is terrible..
not only because of the RRoD, the drive seems to be another problem.
My cousin got an Arcade with Hitachi drive, never flashd or done anything, and it gives disc undreadable error aswell.. those disc's work fine on my 360..

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costello said:
uhm...
you probably wouldnt have disc read errors anymore... except if the game can't be copied to the HDD in the first place.

Yeah if only if it was that easy
mad.gif

I've already tried copying to HDD and yeah....it won't even copy to begin with and now the originals are starting to get the errors as well...damned Xbox 360 drives.

Oh wells im gonna head out to the store soon hopefully they can fix it

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im placing £20 on your laser is dying

dont blame the shop that flashed it for you...

what discs have you been using? what speed where you burning them at etc?

your going to have to open it up and dismantle the dvd drive if u want it fixed, its quite easy... alternatively you can try pot tweaking it (google xbox 360 pot tweak) to give it a bit more life just be careful u can fry the laser trying this...

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Giangsta said:
Costello said:
uhm...

Yeah if only if it was that easy
mad.gif

I've already tried copying to HDD and yeah....it won't even copy to begin with and now the originals are starting to get the errors as well...damned Xbox 360 drives.

Oh wells im gonna head out to the store soon hopefully they can fix it
You're having the same exact symtoms I did. My 360 is now dead (rrod). I would get disc read errors even when playing an arcade game (with no disc inside the tray). Slowly, it died. Personally, I would just buy another one, but I don't know if you have that option.

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
plexo said:

your going to have to open it up and dismantle the dvd drive if u want it fixed, its quite easy... alternatively you can try pot tweaking it (google xbox 360 pot tweak) to give it a bit more life just be careful u can fry the laser trying this...

Well i am blaming the store that did the flashing because they are also the ones who swapped out my Lite-On drive with a 'New' Samsung drive to be flashed.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Giangsta said:
plexo said:

Well i am blaming the store that did the flashing because they are also the ones who swapped out my Lite-On drive with a 'New' Samsung drive to be flashed.
Oh you didn't mention that. Well then obviously it is there fault. The gave you a faulty drive to begin with. Ask them to give you your old lite on drive back and flash that.

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe not, maybe he is using very cheap media... console lasers are weak and picky to begin with, cheap media can set them down a very short road of usage before they start to have problems

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
plexo said:
maybe not, maybe he is using very cheap media... console lasers are weak and picky to begin with, cheap media can set them down a very short road of usage before they start to have problems

Nope
rolleyes.gif
I always fork out the extra cash for verbatims...wont settle for anything less.

On another note, i dropped off the xbox yesterday let's hope he can get back to me with some good news soon

kokiri_link

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giangsta said:
plexo said:

Nope
rolleyes.gif
I always fork out the extra cash for verbatims...wont settle for anything less.

On another note, i dropped off the xbox yesterday let's hope he can get back to me with some good news soon

Good luck buddy, I cant believe he swapped your drive for a sammy...Liteons are the best drives currently, and are flashable...I dont understand why he did that.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
kokiri_link said:
Good luck buddy, I cant believe he swapped your drive for a sammy...Liteons are the best drives currently, and are flashable...I dont understand why he did that.

They've had it flashed for three months. Three months ago the only choice would of been to swap the drive out.

kokiri_link

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
kokiri_link said:

They've had it flashed for three months. Three months ago the only choice would of been to swap the drive out.

Ah yeah, the three month thing
tongue.gif
Forgot about that.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question , did you update the the 360 after flashing the drive ? for example everytime I load a back up it says there there is a update available xbox live do you want to update. I always say no

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
air2004 said:
I have a question , did you update the the 360 after flashing the drive ? for example everytime I load a back up it says there there is a update available xbox live do you want to update. I always say no

Those updates will not harm you. LET THE GAMES UPDATE!
grog.gif

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
754boy said:
air2004 said:

Those updates will not harm you. LET THE GAMES UPDATE!
grog.gif

yeps ive updated to the NXE but i havent updated any of my games because i usually disconnect my net when im playing backups

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsungs where the most "popular" when drive swapping was done for liteons, simply because benq drives suck and samsungs where quite cheap

now i had 2 supplys of samsungs, 1 was 12usd each other was 23usd each, the 23 ones looks brand new, the 12usd ones where pulled from systems didnt look as good, the laser needed tweaked/replaced on most of them, still worked out a bit cheaper though

your shop will either swap the liteon back into it or just replace the laser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone +1