Hacking Burning Original Xbox Games to play on the 360

ArnSkr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello all,
I recently found an old flashed phat 360 of mine and have been burning old games to relive some fond memories. Yesterday, I wanted to try burning an original Xbox game (Ultimate Spider-Man) and it seemed to be going well. However, when inserting the disc the game gets stuck on the white xbox logo part. I've searched the internet for answers but havent found any so I was hoping you guys could help.

P.S: I would just buy the game but unfortunately it's around 50€ here so it wouldn't be financially smart.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sadly you cant play via burned games only jtag and rgh can play og xbox via hacked backwardscompatibility emulator
and then only from a original internal 360 hdd

Reactions: SylverReZ

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nah just run "HDDX Fixer" to add the BC partition to any HDD

You are correct on the needing a modded system in order to run the hacked BC files
hddfixer never worked for me

if i try to to start an og xbox game from non original 360 hdd or external hdd then i get the same whitescreen like the OP in his first post even if i added the x partition

ArnSkr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sadly you cant play via burned games only jtag and rgh can play og xbox via hacked backwardscompatibility emulator
Damn. Kinda surprised that no one has been able to figure this out after so long, guess I'll just buy the game.

Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, a modified OG Xbox emulator for the 360 will remove the backwards compatibility lockout feature. However, there will be still some bugs in some Xbox games. Still, I would prefer playing the OG games on the original hardware. :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

if i try to to start an og xbox game from non original 360 hdd or external hdd then i get the same whitescreen like the OP in his first post even if i added the x partition
IIRC it's only part of the fix, it creates the partition, but you need to put the compat files on it yourself.
Anyway, I ran the fixer then transferred over the modded compat files (whitelist modded to allow running any game) and Xbox compat works for me.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As another poster stated the fixer makes the partition but thats it, still need to obtain and transfer either the original BC files or better a modded set.
Mathieulh made an updated set a while back that adds in the mini guide and has an option for expanded RAM.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

blasphemous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a lot of this is not correct. you do not need the hacked compatibility files to play xbox games with a flashed drive unless the game requires it. the truth is that the hacked compatibility files add very few additional games. all you have to do is install the current dash kernel to the hard drive. to burn a disc, use dvd mulleter. you need a layer break and dual-layer discs even with xbox original and a cfw dvd drive. the fact that the xbox splash screen kept on itself suggests you don't have the xbox bc stuff, which, like I said, just requires you to install the latest update or at least the update germane to your firmware/dash kernel. this is godreborn btw, so I'm no noob. I don't plan to stay here, this account is likely to be banned, so if you want further assistance, ask me on discord under the same name, godreborn, I'm not sticking around here. I just felt obligated to correct a lot of bullshit.

Reactions: MrQQ and baabo

MrQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a lot of this is not correct. you do not need the hacked compatibility files to play xbox games with a flashed drive unless the game requires it. the truth is that the hacked compatibility files add very few additional games. all you have to do is install the current dash kernel to the hard drive. to burn a disc, use dvd mulleter. you need a layer break and dual-layer discs even with xbox original and a cfw dvd drive. the fact that the xbox splash screen kept on itself suggests you don't have the xbox bc stuff, which, like I said, just requires you to install the latest update or at least the update germane to your firmware/dash kernel. this is godreborn btw, so I'm no noob. I don't plan to stay here, this account is likely to be banned, so if you want further assistance, ask me on discord under the same name, godreborn, I'm not sticking around here. I just felt obligated to correct a lot of bullshit.
thanks for correcting this. Ixtreme does infact support xb1 backups. I was planning on correcting this also so thanks :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto