• Replies 390
  • Likes 58

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opposing Force is not working for me either... at this part there are supposed to be 2 grunts, there is only one. To make it worse im missing the one that is needed to open this door and progress...

2019013103474500-B1FD2CD3C62058122149988EAE02E020.jpg
2019013103480900-B1FD2CD3C62058122149988EAE02E020.jpg

running xash3d v1.0.0, used nro2nsp to convert.

Batpeter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could this work with Half-Life Source "Enhanced", a highly modded visual update that also utilizes Half Life 2 engine stuff?

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ran into the same problems I did? Want to figure out if its the homebrew acting up or if my files are messed up...

Ch0wW

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
jscjml: I can run the homebrew perfectly fine.
Just don't forget to follow the README instructions ("xash3D" folder, with /valve and the other mods as a subdirectory.), otherwise you won't get the menu...

To Canny86: I can run DMC, but since we still don't have network abilities yet, it won't be that useful... But Wait & See...

Reactions: Canny86

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jscjml: I can run the homebrew perfectly fine.
Just don't forget to follow the README instructions ("xash3D" folder, with /valve and the other mods as a subdirectory.), otherwise you won't get the menu...

To Canny86: I can run DMC, but since we still don't have network abilities yet, it won't be that useful... But Wait & See...

Have you tried playing through all of Blue Shift and Opposing Force? You're able to beat both of the campaigns? Ill go and check my directories, thought it was working cause the game boots up and everything.

Ch0wW

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Have you tried playing through all of Blue Shift and Opposing Force? You're able to beat both of the campaigns? Ill go and check my directories, thought it was working cause the game boots up and everything.

I'm aware that OP4 has a script errors on some parts, making it unfinishable (unless noclipping) on some parts.
Sadly, my switch being semi-broken, I'm unable to test HL:BS at the very moment. I imagine running Xash3D on PC would act the exact same way though....

Reactions: jscjml

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware that OP4 has a script errors on some parts, making it unfinishable (unless noclipping) on some parts.
Sadly, my switch being semi-broken, I'm unable to test HL:BS at the very moment. I imagine running Xash3D on PC would act the exact same way though....

Ahhh so thats what it is, script error for Op4. Thanks for letting me know man I was trying to figure it out.

Yeah Blue Shift is just straight crashing for me near the end, but I think like you said, you can noclip to skip that part too. Have not tried it yet though.

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ahhh so thats what it is, script error for Op4. Thanks for letting me know man I was trying to figure it out.

Yeah Blue Shift is just straight crashing for me near the end, but I think like you said, you can noclip to skip that part too. Have not tried it yet though.
Maybe you can clip that, or try one save file (pc file) after that.

Last edited by Csmrcc,

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah man on Page 10 I put a couple screens up where the game crashes. Then up at the top of this page some screens of where Op4 is missing something.

Hope it works for you so I would know its only a problem on my end. Then could try and fix it.

One second, ill upload my save files so you can try it out.
Sorry I dont know the exact map names. I think atleast for BlueShift its one of the ba_canal ones.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• bshiftopforsave.rar
    236.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited by jscjml,

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Updated OP with info regarding 1.0.0

Also, here's an icon for Deathmatch Classic made by ReGroove23 here. In fact, there are plenty more icons there too (though unfortunately not one for Decay).

Attachments

• Deathmatch Classic.png
    Deathmatch Classic.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 228

Ch0wW

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Yeah man on Page 10 I put a couple screens up where the game crashes. Then up at the top of this page some screens of where Op4 is missing something.

Hope it works for you so I would know its only a problem on my end. Then could try and fix it.

When using Xash3D PC 0.19.2, the OP4 save gave me an opcode error after a few seconds of loading. Save incompatibility ahoy !
However, loading `of2a4.bsp` gave me no problem at all about the second grunt (which may be a special entity). So I'd believe it's an issue here.

For BS, I can't even load it on PC, so I'm entirely out of luck for help.

By the way, does this port has the ability to toggle the console ? It will be WAY easier to find out problems there.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, does this port has the ability to toggle the console ? It will be WAY easier to find out problems there.

Yes, console works on the switch port. Changed my FOV and everything haha.

Went back and tried, started a couple maps before that map in Op4 to hopefully clear anything... still same problem only 1 grunt at that spot. However I just used the console to noclip past the door, that seemed to work :)

Blue Shift still crashing at the same spot for me, unfortunately I dont have a save from the map before so I cannot enable noclip to skip it.

Normal Half-Life runs so well though, im getting like 90-100fps with no overclock lol. Blueshift/Op4 is ~70 which is still excellent imo.

Last edited by jscjml,

Ch0wW

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Yes, console works on the switch port. Changed my FOV and everything haha.

Went back and tried, started a couple maps before that map in Op4 to hopefully clear anything... still same problem only 1 grunt at that spot. However I just used the console to noclip past the door, that seemed to work :)

Blue Shift still crashing at the same spot for me, unfortunately I dont have a save from the map before so I cannot enable noclip to skip it.

Can you check if the "developer" CVAR is set to 1, to get warning messages ? When loading of2a4, maybe it'll tell you one entity is missing or something... Usually those messages help a lot.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you check if the "developer" CVAR is set to 1, to get warning messages ? When loading of2a4, maybe it'll tell you one entity is missing or something... Usually those messages help a lot.

Its set to 0 right now, I cannot figure out how to get it to 1... are you supposed to type in "developer 1"? tried that and it stays at 0.

I have also tried using sv_cheats 1 -> developer 1 -> map of2a3/of2a4 still no luck.
sv_cheats 1 -> map of2a3 -> developer 1 -> map of2a3 does not work either.

Maybe you can clip that, or try one save file (pc file) after that.

This worked :) noclipped past the door

Last edited by jscjml,

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Its set to 0 right now, I cannot figure out how to get it to 1... are you supposed to type in "developer 1"? tried that and it stays at 0.

I have also tried using sv_cheats 1 -> developer 1 -> map of2a3/of2a4 still no luck.
sv_cheats 1 -> map of2a3 -> developer 1 -> map of2a3 does not work either.

This worked :) noclipped past the door
Happy to help :)

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normal Half-Life seemed to work for me, was able to beat the game start to finish without noclipping. There was only one problem for me, the game would glitch out if you tried turning the valves too fast at Lambda Core (to raise the water level) so just do them one at a time and its fine.

Reactions: Csmrcc

MemeMachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I increased the graphical quality or not, but right off the bat after copying the valve/ folder to the switch I overwrote it with the contents of the valve_hd/ folder. I assume this affected the quality of the modles, sounds, and sprites, but I haven't compared. It works perfectly so far, so I'll post some screens soon.

Reactions: jscjml and Csmrcc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it