Launching HB from switch menu

DoniumQuixotius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I want to launch Solarus and SMW from the switch menu - I've put both the Solarus and SMW folders in the switch folder (they both play fine if launched from the HB menu), and then installed the .nsp's. Neither are working when I'm trying to launch them from the main switch menu through the icons installed via the .nsp's. Any advice? How can I get these to work without going in to launch them through the HB menu? Does anybody know how it works? Say, if I put the .nro files onto the SD root, could that fix the problem? What file path or paths does the switch take to find the necessary files to launch games from its menu? I feel if I knew that, I could move a few things around on my SD card to get this to work.

I have other HB games installed - Half-Life, for instance - that do launch through the Switch's main menu, although these are compiled, structured and installed differently than Solarus and SMW. Very interested to find out how this all works; why Half-Life launches from the main menu but Solarus and SMW can't.

Thanks everybody!

Edit: I just posted this, and straight away thought to ask AI for the answer. Will keep anyone updated on how it replied if you're interested! About to start a chat with ChatGPT about this, unless anyone has any suggestions for other Ai - would be interesting to see how they reply and if they can fix the problem

Last edited by DoniumQuixotius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto