Hacking Official wuphax v1.1 - Hacking vWii from WiiU Mode

CoinKillerL

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What happens if you NOT unplug the power cable?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK so far I bought a USB 32gb thumb drive and Lego batman. Is it easier to run from the USB like the old wii? What is files do I need. USB loader will work or what's the best backup loader program to use?
You need a sd card for install the HBC,for usb loaders use a usb drive.

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the Quick-Start menu or Standby Functions enabled, after a short period of time, the Wii U will blink a yellow light and cannot be turned on. You can fix this by unplugging and replugging the power cable.

If you don't have the Quick-Start Menu or Standby Functions enabled, then nothing will happen.

Edit: Notifications only shows what it wants to show; didn't see other replies to a day-old question.

Last edited by flzmx,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so far I bought a USB 32gb thumb drive and Lego batman. Is it easier to run from the USB like the old wii? What is files do I need. USB loader will work or what's the best backup loader program to use?

Follow the tutorial that x65943 linked:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

Follow it step by step from top to bottom and you'll be fine. The guide has all the files you need. They are linked in the steps that you need them for. A USB thumb drive will almost certainly not work. If it's a USB 2.0 thumb drive you might be able to use a guide I remember seeing detailing a specific way to format it so it might work. The guide contains a list on external drives and enclosures that are know to be working. I use USB Loader GX. It's what most people use.

Edit: Actually it looks like there are a lot of USB drives that are listed as working on the USB compatibility chart. Hopefully you got one that'll work.

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

Last edited by DocAmes1980,
Reactions: flzmx and x65943

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the tutorial that x65943 linked:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

Follow it step by step from top to bottom and you'll be fine. The guide has all the files you need. They are linked in the steps that you need them for. A USB thumb drive will almost certainly not work. If it's a USB 2.0 thumb drive you might be able to use a guide I remember seeing detailing a specific way to format it so it might work. The guide contains a list on external drives and enclosures that are know to be working. I use USB Loader GX. It's what most people use.

Edit: Actually it looks like there are a lot of USB drives that are listed as working on the USB compatibility chart. Hopefully you got one that'll work.

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List
It does say that sdhc won't work correct and must only be a SD card

You need a sd card for install the HBC,for usb loaders use a usb drive.
Sdhc won't work correct?

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Shift-right click in the wupserver folder, click on "Open command window here" and just type in "python wupclient.py" and press enter.
I'm also trying to get this working. I did everything you told in the replies: turning of firewall and use the py files with cmd "python x" on the folder of the wuphax. It still doesn't connect, and I did edit line 29 with the Wii U's IP, and I DO boot cfw and when I run wupclient.py I get this:
Code:
E:\HBC vWii\wuphax-v1.0>python wupclient.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "wupclient.py", line 753, in <module>
    mount_sd()
  File "wupclient.py", line 601, in mount_sd
    handle = w.open("/dev/fsa", 0)
  File "wupclient.py", line 131, in open
    address = self.load_string(device)
  File "wupclient.py", line 128, in load_string
    return self.load_buffer(bytearray(s + "\0", "ascii"), align)
  File "wupclient.py", line 123, in load_buffer
    address = self.alloc(len(b), align)
  File "wupclient.py", line 111, in alloc
    return self.svc(0x27, [0xCAFF, size])
  File "wupclient.py", line 77, in svc
    ret, data = self.send(2, data)
  File "wupclient.py", line 48, in send
    self.s.send(request)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'send'

EDIT: and when I run the wupclient.py from the iosuhax-master I get this:
Code:
E:\HBC vWii\iosuhax-master\wupserver>python wupclient.py
  File "wupclient.py", line 744, in <module>
    w = wupclient()
  File "wupclient.py", line 31, in __init__
    self.s.connect((ip, port))
TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Exception ignored in: <bound method wupclient.__del__ of <__main__.wupclient object at 0x013D5BD0>>
  File "wupclient.py", line 36, in __del__
    if self.fsa_handle != None:
AttributeError: 'wupclient' object has no attribute 'fsa_handle'

Last edited by LaPingas,

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK here is the deal can anyone help me with wuphax step by step even a first grader would understand please I really appreciate it and apologize in advance but I really want this I all so have Facebook messenger if that's easier

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is something I wrote today which may be helpful to people who dont have a required game to hack vwii. To use this you will have to set up iosuhax with wupserver enabled, if you are on windows check out my guide here.
The project itself can be found on my github:
https://github.com/FIX94/wuphax

Now to do this you have to do the following:
Make sure to have iosuhax with only wupserver enabled set up already, this version can be found in my fork of iosuhax which is part of the thread I pointed out already.
If you did not acquire iosuhax by compiling it yourself, make sure you also install python for this to work, I tested this only in python 2.7.
Download the release of this project and extract it into a new folder.
Download the hackmii installer and put its boot.elf on your sd card.
From now on, everything will happen in the new folder you created for the release of this.
To use this start up iosuhax and edit the wiiu ip in wupclient.py (line 29) to match the one you have.
After that run backup.py, this should give you a 00000001.app if everything went well.
Run injectdol.py, this should give you a boot.app.
Now just run writedol.py and wait for it to upload the new executable.
After that is done, shut down your wiiu, unplug its power, make sure that no usb devices are currently plugged into your wiiu, replug it and go into wii mode.
In wii mode, run the mii channel, this should start up the boot.elf on your sd card root, install homebrew channel from here.
To restore your original mii channel, start up iosuhax again and run restore.py.
After that is finished you can just shut down your wiiu again, unplug the power and replug, after this point your mii channel should be back to normal.
I have done every step but when I start the mii channel nothing happens just the regular mii channel

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still doesn't connect. I wrote the right IP for sure, I have no idea why does it keep failing
What happens when you run backup.py? The same thing? Is your hard drive really E:\?

I have done every step but when I start the mii channel nothing happens just the regular mii channel

Are you running on the Wii Mode? You have to use a Wii Remote to navigate. Make sure you have a boot.elf file on the root of your SD card. What happened when you ran writedol.py?

Last edited by flzmx,

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still doesn't connect. And it's drive E because I placed the folder on a usb drive, and my D drive is Micro SD that I use to extend a little bit the memory
Are you running the fw.img on your Wii U? Does the MAC address line up with the IP? Are you on the home screen while running fw.img?

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when you run backup.py? The same thing? Is your hard drive really E:\?

Are you running on the Wii Mode? You have to use a Wii Remote to navigate. Make sure you have a boot.elf file on the root of your SD card. What happened when you ran writedol.py?
Yes I've ran wii mode and then when I run backup plan it runs then closes

Yes I've ran wii mode and then when I run backup plan it runs then closes
Py

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I've ran wii mode and then when I run backup plan
There's an edit post button.
Don't go into Wii mode when running wupserver. Go into Wii mode after running writedol.py and replugging the Wii U.
You should see a red screen when booting into the wupserver fw.img. Do you see that red screen when booting in?
I can post a video showing what it looks like when booting into the fw.img, if you're not sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY