Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

xrelic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully spoofed my wii u to 5.5.1 following this guide but i still have one question that i been wondering about so i tried to play nintendo land earlier and it wanted an update i did not let it do so my question is do i need to be using NUs grabber to manually insert updates to all my games or can i accept those thinking is just a title update?

stardaddler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can I download Netflix via NewNUSGrabber and install it with WUP Installer without any problems? Because the title.tik is missing in the download-

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@xrelic :
if your console is spoofed, a game update will require you to update your console unless you install it manually.
Get the update in encrypted format (.app, .h3, etc.) and use WUP installer to install on the console.

If you accept the game update when launching the game (no manual installation) it will try to connect to the update server and will fail when attempting to update the console first if you have the filters enabled (tubehax, router, DNS, etc)

@stardaddler :
Without the ticket, you can't install a Title.
If you want netflix, you will have to go to eShop and download it officially.
If you are not on latest wiiu version, and don't want to update, you can use NNU patcher homebrew first to let you access eshop on an older wiiu version.
Be sure to have the correct filters too (allowing eshop but blocking updates).

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xrelic :
if your console is spoofed, a game update will require you to update your console unless you install it manually.
Get the update in encrypted format (.app, .h3, etc.) and use WUP installer to install on the console.

If you accept the game update when launching the game (no manual installation) it will try to connect to the update server and will fail when attempting to update the console first if you have the filters enabled (tubehax, router, DNS, etc)

@stardaddler :
If you are not on latest wiiu version, and don't want to update, you can use NNU patcher homebrew first to let you access eshop on an older wiiu version.
Wasn't there a thread a while back where someone ripped the whitelist from WUPinstaller and Netflix worked? But people said that wupinstaller without a whitelist could be dangerous or something? I could be remembering this wrong though,

Reactions: KiiWii

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, there was a thread that I closed.
users said youtube app worked, I don't know about netflix.
but if you get the files from nus, they will not come with the certificate and ticket.
I don't know if the users already had the ticket installed or not before installing. I didn't remove the links, but added a warning to the first post. only users with a hardmod should do the tests and report if it's safe or not before releasing and letting other users use it.

but if you want free apps, you'd better get them officially instead of risking a brick.

Erfg1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 5.5.1 spoofed and when launching WupInstaller from the Homebrew Launcher it immediately freezes. Am I supposed to launch something prior to launching the app?

I used NEW NUS Grabber GUI to get Super Smash Bros. Wii U Latest update, and made a /install folder on the SD card root and put all the files in it. Pretty sure that's the correct setup.

What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE: After starting homebrew launcher from my local network, then opening homebrew launcher from SD card, then launching WUPInstaller it worked. Could just be random.

Last edited by Erfg1,

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone tell me this
What are the pro and cons of this?
Will I be able to create/link nnid if i spoof wii u
thanks for u answers(if u reply)

xrelic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xrelic :

@stardaddler :

Totally forgot about this ty for the answer thats all i needed to know much appreciated

FreshFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm at 5.4.0 and would like to play Smash online. Should I spoof or just upgrade? Seems both carry some risks: Spoofing cannot be reversed and we don't know what'll we'll miss out on, and updating means I might miss out on iosu (which I mostly want in case they make a mod that lets us play Mario Kart 8 with GameCube controllers). Should I spoof or upgrade?

fraret

A puffin
Trophies
Website
localhost
XP
Country
I'm at 5.4.0 and would like to play Smash online. Should I spoof or just upgrade? Seems both carry some risks: Spoofing cannot be reversed and we don't know what'll we'll miss out on, and updating means I might miss out on iosu (which I mostly want in case they make a mod that lets us play Mario Kart 8 with GameCube controllers). Should I spoof or upgrade?
If I were you, I'd spoof. You can update after spoofing (source: I've done it with my wii U).

Last edited by fraret,

FreshFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I were you, I'd spoof. You can update after spoofing (source: people crying because they didn't setup TubeHax and though spoofing was enough).
The guides seem to hint that there might be some possible permanent damage, though, like it's not revertable. If I later update to 5.5.1, might spoofing affect something? Or is the spoofing process undone by updating?

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried installing the latest SSB update to the system memory and I get the error MCP_InstallGetInfo 0xFFFBF3E2. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind. User error. :/

Last edited by DGenerateKane,

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me this
What are the pro and cons of this?
Will I be able to create/link nnid if i spoof wii u
thanks for u answers(if u reply)
i am also wondering this. i tried to link my NID but upon completing registration, it bounces me back to homebrew launcher. Then when i press home, it goes to mii maker but my nintendo id was never registered or linked? any help would be greatly appreciated.

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am also wondering this. i tried to link my NID but upon completing registration, it bounces me back to homebrew launcher. Then when i press home, it goes to mii maker but my nintendo id was never registered or linked? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hold off on the spoofing.... There is a release coming soon, and you will have to be on 5.5.1 to use it. Actually the devs are saying to update to 5.5.1 now while it is the newest firmware, or you will have to update from a 5.5.1 disk in the future.

The reason to hold off on the spoofing is that if you spoof to 5.5.1 and actually really need to be on 5.5.1 you are screwed because the system will not update to the real 5.5.1 because it thinks its already on it.

Anyways follow the progress of the release here.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-1001

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold off on the spoofing.... There is a release coming soon, and you will have to be on 5.5.1 to use it. Actually the devs are saying to update to 5.5.1 now while it is the newest firmware, or you will have to update from a 5.5.1 disk in the future.

The reason to hold off on the spoofing is that if you spoof to 5.5.1 and actually really need to be on 5.5.1 you are screwed because the system will not update to the real 5.5.1 because it thinks its already on it.

Anyways follow the progress of the release here.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-1001
The system will still update a spoofed system. It only changes the version number in the system settings menu. If you don't use TubeHax or if you apply a system update from a disc it will still update just fine. The updates know what actual firmware you are on. The spoof is more or less just for online stuff. That's why you still need Tubehax when you are spoofed because the updates still go through.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install a Game Update (Super Mario Maker). I have files in "install" folder on root of my SD card. I went to "www.loadiine.ovh", then to "Homebrew Launcher 1.2 RC3", then to "WUP Installer". When I press A to install title to system memory, I keep getting error 0xFFFBFFE7. Not sure what I am doing wrong... Thoughts/help appreciated :)

I am on FW 5.5.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: