Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The link for the update deleter doesn´t seem to work.

I tried the one from wiiu.91wii.com, but when I start it I get back to the menu (the menu that would pop up if I just press the Home button) and then nothing happens.

What do I have to do to delete the update files?
The download for the update isn´t finished yet, it´s at like 30%. Do I first have to fully download it in order to delete it afterwards?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link for the update deleter doesn´t seem to work.

I tried the one from wiiu.91wii.com, but when I start it I get back to the menu (the menu that would pop up if I just press the Home button) and then nothing happens.

What do I have to do to delete the update files?
The download for the update isn´t finished yet, it´s at like 30%. Do I first have to fully download it in order to delete it afterwards?
I have heard that you may have to run it a few times for it to work properly.

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
On the 3DS with a kexploit and a legit cia installer we are able to install legit cia games-
On the Wii U with a kexploit and a legit "wup installer" we are not able to install legit wup(?) games-
Where are the differences?

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
On the 3DS with a kexploit and a legit cia installer we are able to install legit cia games-
On the Wii U with a kexploit and a legit "wup installer" we are not able to install legit wup(?) games-
Where are the differences?
The difference is the inability to extract tickets from the Wii U NAND.

The only reason legit CIAs ever became a thing is because they were built with properly signed tickets from the NAND on a firmware with access to an ARM9 exploit.

anthony dana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Smash bros games WiiU for the update on the game title nusgrabber wupinstaler 0005000E10145000 instal games work well after the games wupinstaler wonder more update launches Direct

Last edited by anthony dana,

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i just cannot get this to work. im on 5.3.2 i have smash bros update in the install folder at root of my sd card. soon as i click on wupinstaller site it just hangs/crashes. the same if i use the homebrew launcher version except i get an error to say it cant find the install data. any help would be greatly appriciated my sd card definatly works (i use loadiine and other things)

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Why is my wii u doing so much trouble !!
I can't launch the wupinstaller in my wii u keeps on crashing , every "hack" related thing doesn't work on my wii u other than loadiine v4
loadiine gx2 hbl and this , I think something is messed up in my wiiu

skalienx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is my wii u doing so much trouble !!
I can't launch the wupinstaller in my wii u keeps on crashing , every "hack" related thing doesn't work on my wii u other than loadiine v4
loadiine gx2 hbl and this , I think something is messed up in my wiiu
Are you running the normal exploit for the non-loadiine apps?

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Why can't this work ? I can't make my console run the website , whenever I try to launch wupinstaller.com\wi\ the screen just goes black and I have to shut down the console , help anyone ?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't this work ? I can't make my console run the website , whenever I try to launch wupinstaller.com\wi\ the screen just goes black and I have to shut down the console , help anyone ?
The WUP installer that I use in my self host package always freezes when I run the update. That's when I let it sit.

You should check your savedata for corrupt data. It may be working and you just don't know it.

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
The WUP installer that I use in my self host package always freezes when I run the update. That's when I let it sit.

You should check your savedata for corrupt data. It may be working and you just don't know it.

I didn't try to update a game i tried to spoof firmware , I have 5.3.2 console and I downloaded the USA pack put it in install folder on sd card , trying to launch wupinstaller and acoording to the guide it should get me back to home menu , it just freezes on black screen , and it still shows 5.3.2 in settings
I'm really desparate now ... I have both splatoon and smash bros discs and I can't play them because I can't spoof to 5.5.1.... and I have been trying it for days now..

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't try to update a game i tried to spoof firmware , I have 5.3.2 console and I downloaded the USA pack put it in install folder on sd card , trying to launch wupinstaller and acoording to the guide it should get me back to home menu , it just freezes on black screen , and it still shows 5.3.2 in settings
I'm really desparate now ... I have both splatoon and smash bros discs and I can't play them because I can't spoof to 5.5.1.... and I have been trying it for days now..
Have you tried self hosting? It's much more reliable than trying an online site.

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Have you tried self hosting? It's much more reliable than trying an online site.

tried both self host and servers both doesn't work , and according to the tutorial , it should freeze the 2nd time I go to wupinstaller , it doesn't go back to home menu for me , just freeze black screen

jrum178

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I took the time and finished up the wupinstaller stuff today that I started last weekend. It now finishes the update clean and correctly and exits back to Mii Maker / HBL without any issues. So you now have the more proper way of installing titles on it (previous install progress version) and that without a hang at the end.

Furthermore I added a new feature to it. You can now choose where to install the title to. If you press A you will install the title to the system memory and if you press X you can install the title to the USB storage device (only game updates). If no WiiU formatted USB storage is attached you will get an error and it will return to the wup installer menu.

Here is a test version to see if it also works for others and not only for me and @dibas :
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/ly8ycL7W/file.html

Like before it should work on any firmware that HBL works on. I might add a selection menu for titles on the SD card at some point for a 2nd release (not only "/sd/install" path) but I dont know when I find the time for it. Its not on the top of my list.

Report if you find something out of the ordinary. I will make a release out of it in a few days and put up the source code on github if nothing pops up.

A little LATE, but this is an AMAZING improvement!

Last edited by jrum178,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for the recent SSB4 update to be 2 GB? I downloaded it from NEW NUSgrabber and it was that big. If that isn't it, which one do I download? Thanks.

@ShadowOne333 @VinsCool do either you know if that's how big it should be or what update version to download for Smash Bros?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it normal for the recent SSB4 update to be 2 GB? I downloaded it from NEW NUSgrabber and it was that big. If that isn't it, which one do I download? Thanks.

@ShadowOne333 @VinsCool do either you know if that's how big it should be or what update version to download for Smash Bros?
You may have gotten a wrong update or title:
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/17/super-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-getting-patch-1-1-6-sometime-month/

I think 1.1.6 is the latest one, and they say its only 61 MB.
I'm still not sure though, 61MB doesn't sound feasible with all the patches and DLC floating around.

Try doing two more update grabs and compare their sizes, only then you'll be sure.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: the_randomizer

skalienx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The updates contain all previous ones, so the size keeps increasing with each new update. The previous one was around 2.28GB.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The updates contain all previous ones, so the size keeps increasing with each new update. The previous one was around 2.28GB.

So which one do I choose for the US region though? There are so many version numbers I don't know which one to get, and 2.28 GB? Oy vey, that...is bad because I don't have very much space left on my uh, Wii U NAND, unless I can move the data to USB?

You may have gotten a wrong update or title:
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/17/super-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-getting-patch-1-1-6-sometime-month/

I think 1.1.6 is the latest one, and they say its only 61 MB.
I'm still not sure though, 61MB doesn't sound feasible with all the patches and DLC floating around.

Try doing two more update grabs and compare their sizes, only then you'll be sure.

Hmm, I don't have the DLC (never did, because it's kind of a pain to access the eShop and the fact downloads have to be initialized by powering down the console, etc) ><

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rolleyes: