Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure You can, and you need to install game update to access online play
Awesome! And what are the odds of the spoof horrendously mangling the system in the future? It's just the title containing the OS version from 5.5 right?

Eratyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! And what are the odds of the spoof horrendously mangling the system in the future? It's just the title containing the OS version from 5.5 right?
There are no immediate known consequences of spoofing, and the immediate pros are that you don't get constant update reminders, and you're allowed to play online. We have no idea what the long-term consequences are, except that it is impossible to un-spoof back to 5.3.2, should it be necessary.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the new smash update v1.1.2 still work with Loadiine before I go and update it? sorry if has already been answered :) also whats the eu code for it for nus grabber?

Last edited by Reecey,

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sold my Wii U with its games and purchased a version 5.3.2 Wii U, What do the scene hackers think about this spoofing? I want to be sure it wont cause incompatibility with future exploits/homebrew.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is the new U.S. Smash update only supposed to be slightly larger than the previous one?

It said that it was 94 files and maybe only about 1 MB larger.

I typed in "NUSGrabber 0005000010144F000 176."

I do not want to corrupt my update data if it is not the correct version.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the new U.S. Smash update only supposed to be slightly larger than the previous one?

1.1.2 is just a bug fix iirc. So makes sense. but yea 176 is latest last i checked today

Reactions: I pwned U!

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can download it and check mine if you want.
Thank you! Another thing that I have been wondering is whether or not I have to delete my previous update data from the System Settings in order to prevent the data from corrupting. If I do not need to delete 1.1.1 from my Wii U, do you know how long it might take to install 1.1.2? (hopefully not too long if it is really that small)

Reactions: The Cringe

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you! Another thing that I have been wondering is whether or not I have to delete my previous update data from the System Settings in order to prevent the data from corrupting. If I do not need to delete 1.1.1 from my Wii U, do you know how long it might take to install 1.1.2? (hopefully not too long if it is really that small)
As far as I know, when the Wii U does updates, if the file is inside the update package, it gets overwritten. This is to ensure all update files are at the right version for the latest update to work with as well. So, it'd probably take just as long as the first update you did, if not a little longer.

The file overwriting thing is just speculation, but seems like itd be their safest way to ensure all updates are compatible with each other. IE going from v16 to v176 instead of v160 to v176

75% done

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: I pwned U!

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I updated my smash to 1.1.2 today and I checked itso size it was only very slightly different from 1.1.1 and not 1.99gb and 96 files. It updated successfully, and does still work with loadiine. At least the 8 games I have all work still, I see no reason it would have changed.

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I'm not mistaken I can load backup files of games with this and play online right? What's the differences between this and loadinne?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh