Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:P As @gamesquest1 said... worst case scenario, you end up full updating to 5.5.0 and lose the hacks.

So those are really the two factors to weigh: online vs potential loss of future hacks.

Thanks again Summersett, for taking the time to reply... Not sure if I'm reading your reply correctly... so another question... :-)
If I spoof my firmware and Ninty patch it, I could just update to the full Original 5.5.0 firmware, thus just losing the (patched) hack and the 5.3.2 firmware. Or would I have to wait for a higher firmware (than 5.5.0) to update?

If so then I may as well try the spoof, since the worst case scenario is ending up on 5.5.0, which I would be on if I didn't apply the hack... (Oh! also if I did update the spoofed firmware to original 5.5.0, would be any residual modifications (damaged), to the updated firmware?)

Cheers :-)

Last edited by TinyBilbo,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks again Summersett, for taking the time to reply... Not sure if I'm reading your reply correctly... so another question... :-)
If I spoof my firmware and Ninty patch it, I could just update to the full Original 5.5.0 firmware, thus just losing the (patched) hack and the 5.3.2 firmware. Or would I have to wait for a higher firmware (than 5.5.0) to update?

If so then I may as well try the spoof, since the worst case scenario is ending up on 5.5.0, which I would be on if I didn't apply the hack... (Oh I did update the spoofed firmware to original 5.5.0, would be any residual modifications (damaged), to the updated firmware?

Cheers :-)
you can install real 5.5.0 by just letting it install by not blocking nintendo servers.

Reactions: TinyBilbo

TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install real 5.5.0 by just letting it install by not blocking nintendo servers.

Thanks pedro702...

I guess I'm going to give the spoof a try, since I can update to the regular 5.5.0 if the hack is patched.
Now just got to find the thread about blocking the Ninty servers... I just put blank DNS settings into the network settings, which just block net access entirely!!!

Anonymous209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try manually putting in "160" after the title ID?
No, but i will try now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you try manually putting in "160" after the title ID?
Sorry about the double post, when i put 160 after the Title ID it say not found, but when i just put the Title ID it start downloading.

Also on http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database it show that the usa version of super smash bros for wiiu is at v80 the latest one, i don't see a v160 or the title database is not updated yet.

Last edited by Anonymous209,

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally i've got Mario Maker v1.10 :) Now i want to install the Mario Kart 8 EU Update and i get "Code not found" from using the wupinstaller - as it isn't mentioned in the first post and the last page here - what does it mean?

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Once you crash it and run the kernel exploit you should have access to the os. There is a debugger in kernel mode. And as far as I know you should be able to redirect any of the apps back over tcp with tcp gecko as long as you know what your are changing in ram.
Ever wonder why when you boot up the blank background hangs for a bit? Ever wonder why it hangs on the channel a few seconds before it loads?
When you boot the console IOS does a check on the OS. If it validates then it boots it. Same goes for the channels. The reason it takes so long is because of a poorly written process. It causes a boot loop (bit bang) in the ppc processor. One could use this process to install malicious code but it would never be able to be permanent because upon the next launch ios will not approve it.
If you can make calls to IOS while it is validating something you can in fact crash it. By sending calls it normally wouldn't be getting to validate a third party app/channel you can hold IOS in a validation state. And if you hold it in that state you will have more time to attack it.
And if helping the "Devs" with IOSU yeah they probably don't need it. By now they already have a functional exploit on IOS but aren't sharing.
You should be looking to build another team all together. You want things released faster build competition. Assemble a whole new team and work separately from the current team. If you are serious enough about assisting then start from the ground level as well (userspace) and work your way through it. If you want to start from this point then build a websploit on 5.5 firmware that works. Then I can point you to an un patched kernel entry.
If you remember the wii scene at all it crawled until there was competition.
With that said there is also a real neat trick with a re flashed usb as well.
competition with me??? I'm just a guy who everyone trusts to reinstall windows fix the phone, install software and resolve problems.

I don't have time and survival almost getting difficult in Greece. I'm working all day. I like the idea of competition and the only thing I can say is that I'm going to hear anyone I'm open to suggestions... but I can only help...

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use this spoofer can I be reasonably sure that I won't have problems updating to 5.6 whenever it comes out? Like when you install a wrong iOS in vWii the Wii U refuses to update. Can something similar happen here?

Your system will still be able to update to 5.5 normally if you don't have update servers blocked, so yet it's safe to assume 5.6 will be able to be updated to normally as well. Unfortunatley, there's no hard evidence of a 'yes" to this question because later FW has not been released yet.

Reactions: stsaerox and bowser

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Your system will still be able to update to 5.5 normally if you don't have update servers blocked, so yet it's safe to assume 5.6 will be able to be updated to normally as well. Unfortunatley, there's no hard evidence of a 'yes" to this question because later FW has not been released yet.

I believe that we will find a way in any case. Maybe a game with 5.5.0 would allow to update to 5.5.0 normally then to 5.6 and revert anything IF there is something wrong with the firmware spoof.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that we will find a way in any case. Maybe a game with 5.5.0 would allow to update to 5.5.0 normally then to 5.6 and revert anything IF there is something wrong with the firmware spoof.

If you spoof, you will never be able to install the legit 5.5 in the normal ways. Once 5.6 or higher comes out, you can update your system with any standard method just fine.

D

Deleted-355425

If you install the spoofer correctly does the new firmware version show in the settings or does it still display your 5.3.2 firmware in the corner?

Tom292

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone.
Before I get on the spoof , I update all my games.
No problem with all ( Splatoon , NintendoLand , Captain Toad ) but when I run the update Smash Bros ( 2GB ) , every time I have a black screen with "Exploit failed , please try again".
Any idea?

Ps : Sorry for my english :bow:

Edit : I just try again by retrieving the update by cmd and not GUI version, not black screen. It remains to wait.

Last edited by Tom292,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've ended up to surrender using wupinstaller on my Wii U Basic Pack 5.3.2E Browser Ver. 4.1.1.9601.

There are steps, what I did:
1. The Wii U Basic Pack has first come with FW 1.0.2E, never updated until I've updated to FW 5.3.2E using Splatoon disc.
2. System format
3. Setup all the settings
4. Double check whether it's still on 5.3.2E, yes it's still on.
5. Prepare the spoof fw 5.5 (/install) to SD card (tried to use 3 different type of SDs), open Wii Maker, capture picture from my Mii.
6. Open browser > www.wupinstaller.com/wi/ > Black screen, artifacts...
7. Turn the console off, and back on, open browser > youtube.com > facebook.com, close the browser
8. Turn off the console using gamepad, and back on, open browser > www.wupinstaller.com/wi/ redirect to www.wupinstaller.com/wi/payload.php then freeze, wait for 15s and nothing happens. After 3 hours of trying, got 2 "Failed to load the exploit" message and still freezing at payload.php

I don't know what's wrong !@#$%

Any idea guys?

Thanks.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok